Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bikes - quick question

• 24-07-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All,

Was in town today with the family and decided to give the DB a try. So, got the 3-day ticket (for only €2!) and took our bike out for a spin. We cycled around Merrion Square park and the kids had a ball!

Now, I then returned the bike to station. All grand so far.

Say I wanted to get another bike in my 3-day time -frame - I presume that's possible? I tried to go back into the menu, I entered my PIN (from the original receipt) and it said I had safely returned my bike and also that I had 2 days subscription left.

But I couldn't see where I could get it out again! What am I missing???

OR, is it that once you take the bike, you have it for 3 days, you must lock it when not needed it and THEN return it when subs expired???

Thanks in advance!

Ann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

3 day rental is that - rentals for 3 days. You should be able to take out another bike. Sometimes it happens that when you login to a station straight after returning a bike, the system thinks you want to check the status of your return. If you login again you should be able to take another bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You can't take another bike immediately - there's a time delay.

I think this is to prevent people from hopping across town half an hour at a time without paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Lumen wrote: »
    You can't take another bike immediately - there's a time delay.

It's 5 mins. as I tried to get another bike after a quick stop and got paranoid that I didn't lock it properly. Cust service put me at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annieg

Thanks a mill!

That answers that.

Ann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭bubble_wrap

www.dublinbikes.ie tells you everything you need to know:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement