Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Carpet Shop in Kilrush

• 24-07-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26 bossman07

well with all the doom and gloom around it's good to see new places opening , carpet and flooring shop just opened in Brew's car park kilrush all the best to them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Best of luck to them. Not a great time to be starting out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

[quote=[Deleted User];67126537].[/QUOTE]

good point :D
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ppearse

Funny....I wasnt aware that Brews owned that car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bossman07

ppearse wrote: »
    Funny....I wasnt aware that Brews owned that car park.

well if you were aware they did not own it , you would also of been aware thats what it is called locally,,no need to be smart about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Speaking of which, why do people have such a problem calling it Place de Plouzane? It's been named that for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Speaking of which, why do people have such a problem calling it Place de Plouzane? It's been named that for years.

If you said Place de Plouzane to the scobes in Kilrush would look at you as if you had two heads.

Just thougt i would give the shop a mention ,and say thanks very much to Pat in the shop they done a good job in my house and price could not be beaten , got prices from few places and beat the lot of them for exactly the same carpet and vinyl , that i know as sample books were the same .
    the fella who fitted the carpet even had a machine i had never seen before he cut a piece of the bottom of my doors with the door still hanging very impessive . thanks again Pat i will be back for sure .
    the only thing i would say is change your sign above the door is does not do the shop credit Pat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Great to hear something positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

the reason its called place du Plouzane is because kilrush is paired with a french town called Plouzane.
    I went there a few years ago with secondary school.
    Nice place,bigger then kilrush though,
    have their own ice skating rink even.
    In plouzane,they have a massive sign in a beautiful area called Place du Kilrush.

Thats why :o)

sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pedroThePirate

Palmach wrote: »
    If you said Place de Plouzane to the scobes in Kilrush would look at you as if you had two heads.

LMAO ! ! ! ! :D:D:D

Chris (Kilkee)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pedroThePirate

In plouzane,they have a massive sign in a beautiful area called Place du Kilrush.

Don't worry.

In a few years, it will be ruined by aluminium and uPVC windows,
    half-dismantled Corolla engines, dodgy people hawking Christmas trees
    that fall to bits, and shops selling shoes that were fashionable when
    Douglas Hyde was president . . .

Chris

Don't worry.

In a few years, it will be ruined by aluminium and uPVC windows,
    half-dismantled Corolla engines, dodgy people hawking Christmas trees
    that fall to bits, and shops selling shoes that were fashionable when
    Douglas Hyde was president . . .

Chris

Still has more to offer thou than kilkee ever will :):):)

up the shams

bossman07 wrote: »
    Still has more to offer thou than kilkee ever will :):):)

up the shams

So many places you could be twinned with..like Basra, Gaza and Kandahar.

ye are been a bit harsh on kilrush now in fairness , name any place in clare and each will have it,s problem area no different to ours.wont name names but i can go through each place and name at least one area in each no better than ours

bossman07 wrote: »
    ye are been a bit harsh on kilrush now in fairness , name any place in clare and each will have it,s problem area no different to ours.wont name names but i can go through each place and name at least one area in each no better than ours

Probably true. Unfortunately for Shamtown it is bigger than anywhere else and has several ...ahem...personalities that lend it a less than dignified air.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Inter-parish rivalries, very cute.

This thread was supposed to be about new shops opening in Kilrush. Either get back on topic, or I will lock it. Deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

<snip>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement