Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daddy's using child changing facilities with kids

Options
2»

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,056 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

moonpurple wrote: »
    you do not get evil looks if you are not scanning for them,

Very well put! My husband "gets funny looks"... I've never seen him getting them, but he sees them!

It's down to him - and HIS perception that if a woman sees a man with a child - HE thinks, that SHE thinks there's something untoward going on. (Still with me!)

I would find it very hard to believe the 9 out of 10 women (as seems to be the statistic quoted somewhere in the thread) would have ANY issue with a man changing their child. But I do think, if you go out thinking people are giving you dirty looks.. you're going to "see" people giving you dirty looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Very well put! My husband "gets funny looks"... I've never seen him getting them, but he sees them!

It's down to him - and HIS perception that if a woman sees a man with a child - HE thinks, that SHE thinks there's something untoward going on. (Still with me!)

I would find it very hard to believe the 9 out of 10 women (as seems to be the statistic quoted somewhere in the thread) would have ANY issue with a man changing their child. But I do think, if you go out thinking people are giving you dirty looks.. you're going to "see" people giving you dirty looks!
    Not really if the looks are there then they are hard to ignore in fairness. I don't think paranoia is an issue in this thread.
    Inequality is more of an issue as mentioned by Victor is more prominent I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Victor wrote: »

Question. Do (m)any of the changing tables have belts to stop baby falling / rolling / jumping off?

Victor , it's about 3 yrs since I was changing our little one , but most of them didn't . Ill be honest even the ones that did , I didn't use . I was careful to keep one hand one the little one at ALL times . The straps were usually little things, I reckoned the danger would be hanging the little one using it .

• Administrators Posts: 14,056 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Not really if the looks are there then they are hard to ignore in fairness. I don't think paranoia is an issue in this thread.
    Inequality is more of an issue as mentioned by Victor is more prominent I think.

I agree that if the looks are there, then they are hard to ignore.. but I think alot of the time, the looks aren't there, as is the case with my husband, but he feels uneasy and transfers that to others "giving him looks".

I completely agree that inequality is a huge issue, as mentioned, most facilities are in ladies toilets. Although more and more I see them in disabled toilets rather than ladies.

And I am a woman, and it would never cross my mind to give a man a dirty look if I encountered him ANYwhere changing a nappy! In fact I'd be more inclined to give a look of "awe", and the smiley-nod!!

Advertisement