Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a mountain bike please

• 24-07-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hey.

I'm looking to buy a mountain bike. Can someone recommend a good one for a beginner looking to spend 200 - 300. It can be new or second hand, just looking for advice off people that know what they're talking about as I haven't a clue what to look for.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Are you looking to do actual mountain biking or just want a MTB for about town?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Are you looking to do actual mountain biking or just want a MTB for about town?

Mountain biking.....for beginners :-) Nothing too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

if u dont mind i would give u few tips m8..>:) for second hand u can check
    www.gumtree.ie
    www.adverts.ie and there are few more out there..:)

i am not expert but i found that this short video may help u a lot..its not me ofc on it..but check it out before the deal..:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hEfwWg8vY
    u better do the same check even on mountain bike..:) its very good guide for newbie.>:)

than i would recomend u maybe save a bit more money and buy a newie..because with second hand there may be always something behind..but its simply up 2 u.

the brands that may be fit for u depends on what u need..it can be Trek or specialized or giant or felt or if u are lucky more famous brands...:) this is about second hands...:cool:

if u decide to save a little bit u can go after a newie..i think halfords is producing atm quality bikes for unbeatable price..:eek:Carrera:eek: brand -for example vengeance isnt so expensive..but as i said before..all is up 2 u...:)

and if u really dont know what u wanna try this one..:)
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/13/58030613.html
    it has special basket for some extra shoping and seat belt protection...and its inside your limit...:)))))

and once u gonna think about some bike-exact brand..try to find some reviews about it...google must be your best friend in that way...or even www.boards.ie ..:) www.mtbr.com for example for reviews...i hope this may help u a bit ...

Take care.

Advertisement