Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile to Moblie Calls to UK

Options
  • 24-07-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm just looking for some advice, my girlfriend is moving to Belfast and I was just wondering what's the best options for calling and texting UK Mobile companies from the South. I am on a bill pay plan with meteor and have a HTC Hero, I've looked into Skype on Mobiles but cant really get my head around it. Has anyone any idea what the best plan would be to save as much as possible on UK calls and texts.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What plan are you on? Will she be using a uk sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

www.voipbuster.com Might be useful for texts and calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Also SIPDroid with blueface or fring.
    Im hoping to get a Desire this week (if there ever back in stock) and will be setting up my desire with blueface.
    I currently have my N95 setup with blueface and can ring anyone with a blueface account for free for as long as I want. Dont need to top up either.
    Parents were in Spain two weeks ago and called them from my N95 using Blueface over WIFI and for 5 mins off peek it cost 10 cent altogether to a local number.
    So if your GF has a smartphone with a data plan you could set this up on her phone also and get free calls.

http://sipdroid.org/

http://forums.blueface.ie/forumdisplay.php?f=26

http://www.fring.com/default.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

3 have skype for free (when u top up by €20) its basically just an application on the phone, works just like normal skype..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Scottty2Hottty

Thanks everyone. The Vodafone sim thing sounds like the best Idea. I'm on a talk 300 plan with meteor, so 300 free min to other networks and free calls and texts to Meteor customers. She is currently on Meteor, I'm pretty sure she'll get a northern phone when she moves up.

Any other ideas would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 lets you use 50% of your mins on Relax or Best of Both to call mobiles and landlines in the UK and NI. Also when you go up there once your on 3UK there are no roaming charges

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Thanks everyone. The Vodafone sim thing sounds like the best Idea. I'm on a talk 300 plan with meteor, so 300 free min to other networks and free calls and texts to Meteor customers. She is currently on Meteor, I'm pretty sure she'll get a northern phone when she moves up.

Any other ideas would be great.

on her meteor phone, send the word "travel" in a text to 50104. when she's up there, manually select t-mobile as her network of choice on the meteor phone (with meteor sim). you will still be able to call her for free as part of your package, she will be able to receive calls for free as this is part of the t-mobile agreement with meteor ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Scottty2Hottty

theteal wrote: »
    on her meteor phone, send the word "travel" in a text to 50104. when she's up there, manually select t-mobile as her network of choice on the meteor phone (with meteor sim). you will still be able to call her for free as part of your package, she will be able to receive calls for free as this is part of the t-mobile agreement with meteor ;)

Now there's a plan!! Serious lack of changes needed and simple too! Thanks..

Advertisement