Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 circle masher

No worries about the stick Anti. And yeah, the treatment of 3S at SvB was appalling. 3S would not have even been there had it not been for us players providing every setup, there was nothing official about it. Plus the shambolic timekeeping - one fella asked a member of staff when 3S groups would begin as they were already late, and was abruptly told that 3S groups weren't even on the Friday!

I think the future of 3S could lie in hacked setups installed in the back of car headrests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I think the future of 3S could lie in hacked setups installed in the back of car headrests.

Finals take place in the back of a convertable driving through a blizzard, GET HYPE!!!??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Hell yeah mobile tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I wish we had a commentator like this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Haah yeah, that's Tokura, pretty cool player too.

Tokura is one of the best Yangs, and I only found this out recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Ramza wrote: »
    Haah yeah, that's Tokura, pretty cool player too.

Weird. I heard that was Nuki.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was listening to the commentary and didn't cop the Yang in the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 circle masher

Tokura's a sick Yang. I can't understand a word of Nuki's commentary but he always cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Same, absolutely love any video with Nuki commentary on it, makes things instantly 100x hyper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

safe to assume this will be the price
    8. What is/are the prize(s)?

One (1) Winner will receive:

One (1) token to download Capcom’s video game “Street Fighter 3: Online Edition” (for either Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3; on the winner’s platform of choice) (ERV: $14.99)

In Capcom’s sole discretion, the Entry may be included in Capcom’s video game “Street Fighter 3: Online Edition.” If included, Capcom shall include the Winner’s name in the credits section of the game.

The total Estimated Retail Value (ERV) of all retail prizes: $14.99
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/01/14/street_fighter_third_strike_art_contest_rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.neoempire.com/?p=7438

3S OE to cause loss of bladder control and/or ejaculation, but not until this autumn at the earliest, according to Capcom's Christian Svensson. :pac:

people will “wet” themselves when they see the new SF3

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm hyped for this far beyond what I felt for MvC3.

3rd strike is the perfect middle ground for me between the speed of MvC and the tactical game of SFIV.
    I bloody loved 3rd strike on the xbox and in arcade. Me & Ken B played a huge amount & while we played it at very novice level, we thought we had skillz.

Ken played Ramza on xbox one night and called me the next day and said, "We know nothing, that Ramza lad knows stuff that seem to break the game, he's awesome."

I played the game a lot when there was a xbox audience, when it got turned offline I stopped purely 'cos I'm a console gamer. Big TV, couch and loud sound-system. GGPO has little appeal to me. I'm lazy and am time poor.

The xbox live reboot suits me down to the ground.
    I'll still suck, but I know what the top level play is like and I'll have a chance to level up playing folk that are relatively new as well too rather then being stuck in a corner with Ramza laughing at me.

I love 3s, this gives me a reason to play it again. (And batter Farz to shut him and his slum dog SF rants up.)

We should invite the French over for a 3S tourney when it's available...

I really want to be hype for this cause 3S is awesome but I've not been impressed with Capcoms recent work, kinda worried they'll phone it in.

I hope the revamp gets people playing, I know the game is dead but it's my favourite FG out of the many I play and I know I'll probably never stop playing

Eurogamer: Some fighting game fans consider Guilty Gear to be the greatest fighting game ever made. But which one do you consider to be the greatest?

Daisuke Ishiwatari: Street Fighter III: Third Strike. It's the nervousness between you and your opponent that gives me joy. You have to guess what the next move is by your opponent. That was the most fun thing about the game. It was so enjoyable.

*source*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Slight off-topic, but can any of you lads recommend the best, most economic way to get a hardcopy PAL version of this game? I know it was included in the PAL XBox anniversary edition and that it's B/C with the 360, but how does that play, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Slight off-topic, but can any of you lads recommend the best, most economic way to get a hardcopy PAL version of this game? I know it was included in the PAL XBox anniversary edition and that it's B/C with the 360, but how does that play, does anyone know?
    The original xbox version runs pretty dodgy at best on 360 - super jumping causes massive slowdown for instance. Aside from some bugs like that it's still a very usable version of the game - just dont expect to see it used in tournaments :pac:

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    You're better off installing GGPO.net

GGPO is ****e, in retrospect it was the best thing available for fighting games. But since SSF4 [xbox connectivity, lobbies etc] it just reeks.
    Its made with Adobe Flash/Air [why?]
    Connection is a problem
    After you connect [by simultaneously challenging someone], people can still challenge you [set to away to avoid]
    Still ever so laggy and jerky
    No friend list etc etc etc

Saying that, it is the only solution for 3s at this time but hopefully this wont be the case for long
    BRING ON 3S XBL, i say this will be mega fun for the first few months and very frustrating for some !

I honestly feel the exact opposite with GGPO vs SSF4.

Sometimes GGPO does screw up (big scanlines, lag, no text).
    BUT
    I can happily play 3S for 3 hours.

Meanwhile, SSF4 gives me rage, both at its sometimes-infuriating netcode, and mostly because it's just not as good to play.
    Also, I can't hit the opponent after they're KO'd anymore :mad:

I just use GGPO an an offline emulator as its nicely set up for you and supports a handful of great games without screwing around with multiple builds of MAME, CPS3, etc.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I honestly feel the exact opposite with GGPO vs SSF4.

Sometimes GGPO does screw up (big scanlines, lag, no text).
    BUT
    I can happily play 3S for 3 hours.

Meanwhile, SSF4 gives me rage, both at its sometimes-infuriating netcode, and mostly because it's just not as good to play.
    Also, I can't hit the opponent after they're KO'd anymore :mad:

come on, be serious
    Find some one on SSF4 and play with them 1 on 1, endless lobby of just 2 players.

GGPO, WOW KO screen before KO.

That's only happened to me once in a single 2hr session.

perhaps you dont play enough.
    In any case, GGPO functionality/robustness will never meet xbox's. Its not expected, GGPO isnt made by a team of engineers.

XBL 3s will hopefully put an end to most of GGPO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It only really happens on 3s though, maybe because of the amount of sprite data the game has to keep track of, or just that it's cps3. Apart from initial connection problems, none of the other things happen while playing ST etc. It can be very frustrating playing 3s on there though, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Wind jammers runs like a dream on ggpo.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    perhaps you dont play enough.
    In any case, GGPO functionality/robustness will never meet xbox's. Its not expected, GGPO isnt made by a team of engineers.

XBL 3s will hopefully put an end to most of GGPO
    GGPO is made by a single engineer, and yet is the de-facto standard all commercial games strive to beat...

Advertisement