Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

As a non-3S player, have any of the OE announcements been "pants wettingly good" for 3S players yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

not yet but tbh just the game itself coming to XBL is 'pants wetting goodness'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah, the fact it's coming to a more accessible medium is great. Hopefully will be a better experience than GGPO (not to put down GGPO in any way)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Get ready to be owned

The new character portraits in battle and enhanced health bars etc looks godlike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

GGPO and Youtube? I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What an atrocious trailer, so much stupid jump cu-
    YOUTUBE SHARING

DAY 0 PURCHASE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

tumblr_liusbfh2V31qioh92o1_250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks gorgeous.

YOUTUBE SHARING

OMG THE OWNAGE, THAT IS THE BEST FEATURE EVER
    AND SUMMER 2011 ? OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

THAT VIDEO IS the most hype video since sf4 teaser trailer

06_sf3screen06.jpg
    images on event hubs
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/06/street-fighter-3-third-strike-online-edition-trailer/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Hope we can switch off the new gfx, other than that, hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Havent played the game in nearly 4 years (since SF4 was announced), time to dust off my Denjin Ryu :), this is f***in awesome :cool:.

PS - Not that It matter to me, but theres no mention of a PS3 port in that trailer, just XBox live for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Can't help but notice the graphics filtering in these shots looks like utter crap compared to the super smooth shot Ono posted.

Hopefully that means there's levels of smoothing and not just... Damn him and his lies! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can't help but notice the graphics filtering in these shots looks like utter crap compared to the super smooth shot Ono posted.

Hopefully that means there's levels of smoothing and not just... Damn him and his lies! :pac:

Are you trying to suggest that Ono would troll? I'm shocked good sir.

It looks good but frankly I still won't play. I'll buy it but I won't play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/06/street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-online-1st-trailer-and-screens/
    3sO also features a massive “Vault” system (featuring unlockables like artwork). The game will cost $14.99.
    That works out at 1200 MS funbux, for those of us on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Those screenshots look a little jank, I agree, but remember that some games only look great in motion. The trailer looks really good in motion so I'm happy. Now let me unlock Elena's stage from 2I!

why are people so fixated on 2I, some guy on SRK was crying over seans shoryu in 2I.
    Did you stary playing 3s few months ago Blinn?

It was my first fighting game, started playing like March of last year? I just like the 2I stages cos they look cool and would provide some variety.

fair enough, some 2I stages are nice,i will admit. Especially kens/alex, i think ?
    sfiii2alexwo1.png

nothing will beats kens stage in 3S though

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Placebo wrote: »
    why are people so fixated on 2I, some guy on SRK was crying over seans shoryu in 2I.

His Dragon Smash in 2I was awesome, that thing they gave him in 3s is a joke, and they took away basic stuff like crouching forward -> roundhouse Tornado. As much as I love 3s at least a character like twelve is tournament worthy, Sean is a joke character who was never intended to be a joke character, purely because hes so crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

There's some new info which has apparently only appeared on the game's Japanese site until now:
    NEW DETAILS FROM THE SHEND

• Ranked / Player Match / Tournament online modes.
    • 8 player lobby with spectate option.
    • In a lobby the next pair of players get to play rather than winner rotating through losers. Unsure if you can alter this in option.
    • 100 trials and 100 challenges to earn points for use to unlock some 200 items from the Gallery Vault.
    • Quarter Matches | 8 Man Spectator Mode | Random Character Select | OG and Remix Sountracks all via Capcom's Christian Svensson
    • Dip Switch modes i.e. System Direction | Preview option in Combo & Parry Training modes to show you what you're supposed to do.
    http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/6/7/street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-online-edition-new-details-scr.html

****in hell they are really giving this game ALL OF IT.
    defo wroth the buck, i for one , cannot wait.

index02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cool lobby idea.
    Quarter matches would be for the traditional winner-stays-on.

AW YEAH

http://screwattack.com/videos/First-Impression-SF3-Third-Strike-Online-Edition

looks like you CAN unlock stages.. it all looks so freakin good! I'm gonna get every achievement!

Unless there's like "do keeper jin or kara palm".. might not get those

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The vault thing is supposed to be graphic art, but maybe it will have stages too, who knows?

All stages remix like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

not a huge fan of this one. could never get the hang of parry. :confused:

• Advertisement

Soo sick, get hype

Advertisement