Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Those scoring objective things actually appear during vs mode, better be able to turn that **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Yeah you can turn them off, they've said multiple times

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

dan hibiki wrote: »
    not a huge fan of this one. could never get the hang of parry. :confused:
    The game's about more than parry.

Also, what's so hard to get?
    Tap forward INTO the attack just as it's about to hit. Repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The game's about more than parry.

Also, what's so hard to get?
    Tap forward INTO the attack just as it's about to hit. Repeat.

Knowing how to input parry and knowing how to use parry effectively aren't the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Red350 wrote: »
    Knowing how to input parry and knowing how to use parry effectively aren't the same thing.

**** u Red, you come here and diss a 3S fan
    I challenge you to a sandwich match, the day this is out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Can anyone get a link to the song on it's own? That **** is hype.

actually says name of singer on title screen. Oddly enough
    it is fairly hype, but i wouldnt listen to it walkin down the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Adam taltsa sings it, but it doesn't say the name of the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Here's a big ass list of stuff that's in and not in the game. Highlights include:

Gill is playable after unlocking, but he's not usable in Ranked.
    There's a random select on the character select screen.
    You can immediately rematch instead of going back to the character select.
    New Generation and Second Impact backdrops and character themes are not in the game. There is remixed versions of all themes available in addition to the original 3S ones.

And here's the full list:

GAMEPLAY AND GENERAL INFO

• This game is more arcade perfect than any console port of SF3 3s to date.

• Capcom said the GGPO experience with the console port is better than how GGPO played on the PC. Apparently they dialed in some of the settings a bit.

• There is a DLC (Downloadable Content) section, but Capcom couldn't talk about it yet.

• Gill is still playable, but he's an unlockable character. He's not available in any kind of ranked or tournament modes, though.

• A quick rematch feature exists along with a random character select option.

• Stage select before fighting somebody is now in the game.

• A couple of game crashing bugs were fixed. This is of the game crash/freeze fix variety, nothing that impacts gameplay.

• There won't be a PC release at launch, but it's not something that can be ruled out yet.

• Stun numbers and damage numbers will also be viewable.

• There's a two player training mode option, but it's offline only.

• You can check the credits list for the names of pro players in the community that were consulted when creating this title.

• No plans for a rebalanced patch at any point.

GRAPHIC OPTIONS

• Three filters in the game. Crisp, Smooth and None, in addition to the previously mentioned scanline filter.

• The graphic filters do not introduce any kind of input lag.

• In full widescreen mode, the image is stretched a little bit. There's a secondary widescreen mode which doesn't do any stretching and keeps the original 4:3 aspect ratio.

• Capcom went back and grabbed some of the original artwork from the game and rescanned it in HD. There's also some fan art in there as well.

• The sprites were not edited in any way, and if you want to see them how they were, you can turn off all of the graphical filters.

• Stage backgrounds from New Generation and 2nd Impact are not available in the vault as unlockables.

• All of the colors that were available in the home console versions are in this one as well.

MISC ONLINE STUFF

• A replay match database is searchable by keywords, player rank and other things. You can also put together a playlist.

• On the PS3 version, you can upload matches to your own YouTube account.

• There's a watch with friends feature, where you can download replays and talk with your friends while they're going on. For example, if there's a tournament, you can grab the matches from it and sit back and check them out with other people.

CHALLENGES AND UNLOCKABLES

• There are hundreds of dynamic challenges to take on. These are the achievements on the sides of the screen as you're playing, the left side for player 1 and the right for player 2. Players have to be signed into an account for the dynamic challenges to come up.

• There is over 200 pieces of unlockable content in the vault. Artwork, remixed themes and many other things.

MUSIC

• Remixed music and default music is available.

• All of the sounds and music were reripped in higher quality from the original arcade release. No sounds or voices were changed.

• New Generation and 2nd Impact character themes are not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

On the PS3 version, you can upload matches to your own YouTube account.

Gah!

• Advertisement

WHO even has a ps3.
    loser console.
    so that means xbox ppl cant? GOD DAYMN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

• On the PS3 version, you can upload matches to your own YouTube account.

Feels good. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The trailer which only had an Xbox logo said Youtube support, so don't dism--

You know what, f*ck it. Play it on PS3.
    Hell you can use Saturn USB pads on that :D

OH MY GOD
    PARRY TRAINING, they actually called it evo moment#37 [you actually have to do the whole daigo combo, that is CLASSS]

that is unreal.
    i cant believe they actually went through the trouble and made this, never thought this would happen, back in 06

hats off capcom
    *tear*

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Placebo wrote: »
    I challenge you to a sandwich match

Get in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

GGPO - Awesome
    Button setting - **** yeah
    3S - why won't you take my money already i want this give it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm posting from a time machine to register my disapproval that most of you played this for a week then gave up and went back to sf4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm posting from a time machine to register my disapproval that most of you played this for a week then gave up cause Ramza owned all of you

FYP

Can't ****ing wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I couldnt care less about this and I get hype for any old crap. Like MK for example.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm posting from a time machine to register my disapproval that most of you played this for a week then gave up and went back to sf4.

Ha. Favourite post I've read in a long while :D

I know I'll definitely be one of these folk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Well youtube was announced for 360 so I assume you'll be able to do it on xbox too at some stage.

bush wrote: »
    I couldnt care less about this and I get hype for any old crap. Like MK for example.

blasphemysnickers.jpg
    i really found this post offensive, i dont know why. Maybe because this is the best fighting game of all time ? evo moment #37 ? Maybe you're just a COD lover bush, maybe when ssf4:ae gets a bit old, you'll go back to fragging and respawning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

How can you not be a COD lover when they have great sites like this one :

www.codblops.com

Maybe you're just a COD lover bush, maybe when ssf4:ae gets a bit old, you'll go back to fragging and respawning.

I really found this post offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Maybe because this is the best fighting game of all time ?

No.

I remember i first played it in singapore, then years after it got re-released for ps2 and i downloaded and thought i was the ****, soon after we were blessed with XBOX version which had live. The lagiest **** known to man.
    I'd stay up till 4am to play the american folk because EU had litreally 5-6 players.

Later it got emulated and there was a huge outburst of new players. Heaven indeed. Years on after the popularity of SF4 etc - im happy its gonna get revived.
    I love how hardcore people are about it too, eg: Ramza/Swedish/French, people solely dedicated to 3s. It truly does have a cult following.

I dont expect people that started playing fighting games with SF4 to understand this at all but Third Strike really is a perfect gem, in its own way.

avgn-banner.jpg

also
    bush wrote: »
    I really found this post offensive.

cd341d57888a49bfa5d4791.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

When all the Ken scrubs from IV switch it on and find themselves unable to do dragon punches, I will smile.

also

cd341d57888a49bfa5d4791.png

That event spoiled my nice uniform friends list. 23 out of 24 friends playing SF.

• Advertisement

I dunno why your posting that like I should be ashamed or something. Ive been playing that game since cod1 and ill continue to play it. Sorry im not hardcore enough into SF that I ignore every other game out there.
    I dunno why you presume that anyone who doesnt like sf3 must be some kind of noob who started playing with sf4. I played sf2 in the arcades just as much as I play sf4 now. Some people just dont like sf3.

Advertisement