Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

soz i was only playin !? COD is nothing to be ashamed of, we just like to make fun of it? example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72672791&postcount=4

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

When all the Ken scrubs from IV switch it on and find themselves unable to do dragon punches, I will smile.
    You can tell a GGPO player is a SF4 scrub by how much they mash cr.LP :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm actually quite looking forward to this. Played a decent amount of 3s on xbox and in the arcade when it came out, despite me being completely sh1t at it - It's still a lot of fun even at low level play.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You can tell a GGPO player is a SF4 scrub by how much they mash cr.LP :rolleyes:

Aren't you a SF4 scrub Kiki? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Bit of an over reaction there Farz, but it's all good

I love 3s, game I put the most time into. It really is a great game. But I like a lot of other FGs too, so I wouldn't say I'm solely dedicated to it, but most of my time has gone into it

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

YouTube support will be on both platforms though x360 will get the function via a title update near launch (possibly at launch but can't promise depending upon approvals). Not sure who would have told Eurogamer that bad info.

Date will be shared once we have approved code from MS and Sony (worldwide) and confirmed prop slots.

aha

• Advertisement

When all the Ken scrubs from IV switch it on and find themselves unable to do dragon punches, I will smile.

This. Dragon punches are ridiculous in IV. Am dying to get my hands on the shotos from 3S again, especially ryu's EX side kick that capcom blatantly robbed from Johnny Cage in Mortal Kombat. Coolest move he's ever had. I don't know why they didn't put that into more SF games.

I have to admit, as someone who never really got into 3S for lack of proper competition on it when it was out, i'm a bit daunted by the level of the competition i'll be running into on 3S. There are players out there who treat it like a religion, (present company included) and i just don't have the time in my life to stay frosty anymore...:(. All the new stuff in SFIV has pretty much eluded me. I'm basically still playing it like it was SSF2T, which just doesn't cut it when people start pulling out some of the crazier sh1t you can do in IV.

I think i'll seriously start visiting a few casuals just to try to hook up with players of my own (sadly now crap) level and get some evenly matched games that don't result in me chewing on my controller in rage.

Is XGC still the place to go in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Is XGC still the place to go in Dublin?

Yep, come tomorrow evening :Dhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056298147

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Skisonic interviews Derek Neal:

3:30 Haha, exactly my point ?
    When is this even out, sick of the interviews, want it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Advertisement

Jesus it's thick and fast today.

@1:44 Hugo has victory marked as "j" wtf?

edit: I forgot, it's judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Could they not have done a better scene for create history???

OMG HE PULLED OFF REMYS SUPER, Truely he is a god among men

But yeah been tearing up GGPO for the last week getting hype for this. . . .and getting destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I must go back into GGPO now myself and get prepared.

I totally agree with you about the poor choice of scene. And they showed it twice!

Well if ya ever feel like it I'm always up for 3S, username is hardter in GGPO. If I'm ever online just challenge me. (I'm not very good atm since I forgot how to tech well, I keep pressing back instead of forward)

the ads are really well made, im glad they know how fanatic some of us are about this game

me vs kiki
    biggest burito match

AUGUST

i will travel back for this !!!!

I just realised:

in random select lobbies, we'll actually see more the other 75% of the super arts. win!

I just realised:

in random select lobbies, we'll actually see more the other 75% of the super arts. win!

there's more than 1 per character!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

OMG HE PULLED OFF REMYS SUPER, Truely he is a god among men

Finding Remy on the select screen is pretty gdlk by itself. :pac:

Finding Remy on the select screen is pretty gdlk by itself. :pac:

I would have said the same thing about picking remy till I saw some matches on "the shends" YouTube. seems 3s players still finding new combos and such

30 minute hands-on with Third Strike Online Edition from Gamespot & Seth Killian. The game looks awesome. It's easy to see that it's been made with pure fan service in mind, there are so many improvements and nice little touches while preserving all the original best bits.

Looks like it will be the definitive version of the game. I wonder if they will opt to release it on a disc instead of just the DLC option.

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/street-fighter-iii-third-strike-online-edition/video/6327139

• Advertisement

I'm really looking forward to this, I have not been bothered playing 3s recently, been too much absorbed into AE, I booted up 3s on xbox yesterday and wow I'm rusty as ****. Drilled some combos but I just forget like... what to do, if that makes sense. It took me some games vs the AI to get into the swing of it. I can't wait to buss up heads when this is released, I'm so hyped for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ramza wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this, I have not been bothered playing 3s recently, been too much absorbed into AE

I'm looking forward to it too. I never really got too much into 3S, it was released in a kind of street fighter hiatus for me, and i never played it much on GGPO because thats a mega hardcore community, and if you're learning you're basically a punchbag for god-tier yun and chun whores, which is no fun. There's no option for a level playing field.

I always liked the technicality of ST (and later HD remix), and i kinda have a love hate relationship with 4 ( i know it's fantastic, and i really really want to love it and be good at it, but every time i play it for any length of time it makes me want to kill myself), so I'm kind of hoping that 3S OE will sit right between the two and will feel like a sweet spot for me. Proper 2D and with a decent execution barrier, and not a noob friendly mash fest, but with enough features and a varied enough user base to train me in stuff like parrying, frame counts, move properties, etc without me getting my ass handed to me the whole time.

I already own 3 different versions of third strike, and to be honest, none of them are excellent, but this looks like it might be different. Oh well, it looks like capcom has pulled the same old trick on me again and gotten me to re-buy a game I've already paid for multiple times.

My GOD, they're good at milking their fans and pimping out their legacy for a quick buck :(

In fairness I think an arcade perfect port with the GGPO netcode is reason enough to buy it imo, and for the price that's fantastic

in their defense, the fans wanted this game. We asked for it.

Ramza wrote: »
    In fairness I think an arcade perfect port with the GGPO netcode is reason enough to buy it imo, and for the price that's fantastic
    Placebo wrote: »
    in their defense, the fans wanted this game. We asked for it.

Yeah, i'd agree completely. Even if it was rubbish (which it most certainly won't be), for the €14 or thereabouts they'll be charging for it, you really can't go wrong. I'd love a disc release, but DLC is a way cheaper route to market.

On that point, it's not really street fighter related, but my only niggle with DLC is that we're coming to the end of the current generation of consoles. This looks like being the definitive version of 3S, and I'm wondering whether it will still be playable online in a couple of years cos of the hardware switch?

I really hope microshaft and fony get the whole back compatibility thing right with the next gen of consoles, particularly in relation to the DLC model and online play. DLC and online multiplayer have really only become mainstream during this generation, and I'm tired of re-buying new versions of games i already own when new consoles come out. I must have bought more versions of street fighter games over the last 20 years than any other franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, i'd agree completely. Even if it was rubbish (which it most certainly won't be), for the €14 or thereabouts they'll be charging for it, you really can't go wrong. I'd love a disc release, but DLC is a way cheaper route to market.

On that point, it's not really street fighter related, but my only niggle with DLC is that we're coming to the end of the current generation of consoles. This looks like being the definitive version of 3S, and I'm wondering whether it will still be playable online in a couple of years cos of the hardware switch?

I really hope microshaft and fony get the whole back compatibility thing right with the next gen of consoles, particularly in relation to the DLC model and online play. DLC and online multiplayer have really only become mainstream during this generation, and I'm tired of re-buying new versions of games i already own when new consoles come out. I must have bought more versions of street fighter games over the last 20 years than any other franchise.
    But how much game play (time) did you get out of them?

Surely Capcom are well within their rights to charge you 50 per 500hrs gameplay? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I really hope microshaft and fony

This is not the way to get your points taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'm looking forward to it too. I never really got too much into 3S, it was released in a kind of street fighter hiatus for me, and i never played it much on GGPO because thats a mega hardcore community, and if you're learning you're basically a punchbag for god-tier yun and chun whores, which is no fun.
    (
    Exactly how I feel.I think this version will open up the series to a wider audience.A playing field that i'll be able to gradually learn from..with loads of online handicaps players to make me feel good :)
    GGPO scares me,I learn nothing from being kicked about by a player with 10 years experience,again and again

• Advertisement

GGPO has a surprisingly high number of handicaps online.

Advertisement