Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Might just be NO boss character option, not sure if they will have no X character.

Tough **** for pad players, not that many for 3s however. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Placebo wrote: »
    Might just be NO boss character option, not sure if they will have no X character.

Very true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Can't see it being that big of an issue, do people really need a bind for throw?

Back when I played pad the only thing I ever needed binds for was hitting 1+4 and 2+3 in Tekken since those were damn near impossible without switching to claw position.

S'pos I'd have needed 3P and 3K binds for SF4 but I'd started learning stick by then.

On a different topic IIRC Makoto can also ToD Remy and deal massive damage to anyone else with the same combo so it's not a unique setback to picking Akuma.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I played Alpha 2 on a SNES pad and had no need for button bindings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Any 3S player worth their salt can play half the cast to a reasonable standard.

The only thing I ever map to multiple buttons on pad is 3P/3K, and I'm switching to stick anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ar, aside from PPP/KKK in SF4 and A+K/B+G in Soulcalibur I've never seen the need for button bindings, so I don't see it as much of an issue.

I guess the requirement for button bindings is pretty game dependent. Hitting 3P or 3K on the SSFIV 3DS is downright impossible without a binding.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Any 3S player worth their salt can play half the cast to a reasonable standard.

LOL Kiki

Also unintentional salt pun!

z3yMn.jpg

i think it MIGHT be an issue because of karathrows, only some have a decent range and again as i mentioned even though 3s existed before the popularity of sticks, ramza is probably the only person i know that plays with pad

anyway not an issue.
    Also hugo is that tall in proportion to other characters in 3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

On a different topic IIRC Makoto can also ToD Remy and deal massive damage to anyone else with the same combo so it's not a unique setback to picking Akuma.

She rapes Akuma and Remy so bad it's not even funny. Akuma is able to deal with her better. She can Stun most of the cast off one super but on most it requires a really annoying and hard to execute combo
    Poor Ramza :eek:

I don't button bind or main Chun/Yun/Ken so I should be fine, but along with what farz said can't see people banning chars outside of gill, unless people really don't want to fight the top 3. Urien's my main :)
    Also hugo is that tall in proportion to other characters in 3s.

I think Hugo is 8 or so feet tall lol, Urien is almost 7 (6 " 11), and he is still a ways taller than him

Also, fun fact, twelve is the heaviest char in any SF. He weighs almost 800lbs. Funny how a little girl like Makoto can throw him around like he's a paper bag :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

I'm getting this on 360 but anyone actually pre-order it on ps3 to get the free theme:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

VizardAnto wrote: »
    I'm getting this on 360 but anyone actually pre-order it on ps3 to get the free theme:confused:

I did, mainly to unlock Gill. It's the same price and it includes free stuff, so I figured why not.

WHY have they made Gill selectable by default? He should be banned by default so that people have to enable him in the options if they are ok with using him or running into him.

I used to play HD remix a lot and it wrecked everybody's head when an akuma player dropped in to a room. It just lead to everybody gradually quitting the room and looking for less headwrecking opponents. I have a feeling it's gonna be the same with Gill in 3SOE.

firstly its already mentioned that you can BLOCK him in lobbies
    secondly buying 3s on ps3 just for the sake of free stuff might not be the best idea , especially to unlock GILL. Everyone knows xboxs is where the partys gonna be at

its already mentioned that you can BLOCK him in lobbies

Yeah, that's the point. From experience, pretty much everybody goes with the standard search options in online fighters, nobody really tweaks them, because you're cutting down your chances of getting a game in a genre that doesn't have enough players online as it is. Casual rooms with standard game speed, standard rules, and standard character availability defaults are always the rooms played the most, because they're where the most action is.

That means that 99% of the rooms you're likely to be in will have Gill ENABLED instead of DISABLED, and there'll always be some scrubber who comes along and picks him sooner or later, and messes up the game experience for everybody else. It should be the other way round. Let the guys who want to spam his cheap crap have to limit their game options and play in non-standard lobbies with little or no opposition, not the rest of us.
    Everyone knows xboxs is where the partys gonna be at

+1 this. I'm not a MS fanboy, i don't care for any console more than another, but XBL is by far the best network for the console fighter experience. Better netcode, and much more widespread voice chat make fighting games on it much more enjoyable than PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Where is it confirmed that Gill is enabled by default?

Pretty sure you could create Akuma-less lobbies in HDR.

Stop whining about Gill, you'll likely never see him if you set up your own lobbies.

Yeah, you could, and you'd search forever for a game with those settings and never get one, because everybody online creates lobbies with the default options, which are all excluded from that search. That's my point.
    Stop whining about Gill, you'll likely never see him if you set up your own lobbies.

Him, or anyone else. Anyway, whining now stopped as requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Well expect the usual new fighter experience of find the cheapest character and spam them online from the non fighting game crowd (zangief lariet every 2nd game at start of sf4) for a while then it will tone out. I don't think there where many akumas after 2 months in hdr...... But when ya get them it is annoying.

Also are we expecting casuals to explode with this when it comes out????

• Advertisement

I'll ask again, where did they say he's enabled by default? :confused:

Nowhere, he's DISABLED by default.
    So it's all good.

Will anyone really unlock him. I still have to complete vanilla sf4 with all characters in arcade. Like hell I'm doing it for this.

But I will learn remy again. Some of the players on the shends channel really opened my eyes of what he can do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Where does it say he is disabled by default :p

after watching that vid I'm totally maining Gill! Surely he wont be banned for tournies!!

When does the game come out anyway?

Yeah after watching gill I can't wait for the the people who bitch about ae being broken to conplain....... And I'll be right there playing gill for lols

Will anyone really unlock him.

I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Stop worrying about Gill

It's his younger brother you need to worry about bitches >:|

Nowhere, he's DISABLED by default.
    So it's all good.

Are ye both just making ****e up or does one of you actually have a link that confirms it one way or the other? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

You could disable Akuma in Classic lobbies but not HDR lobbies, they thought he was balanced in that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It was said he'd be banned from ranked, but nothing was mentioned for player matches.

You still have to beat arcade mode with every character to unlock him, which most people won't do.

Gill is broken as hell, but is hard to use. To do all his best combos requires some really tight execution and the use of charge partitioning. Not many people will bother learning him.

Advertisement