Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

The only reason that Gill is going to be my main is that I really like men in thongs and especially ones that are cheap....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Hopefully there'll be an option for Gill only lobbies.
    Good times I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

tumblr_lpv88xY7gv1qzj585o1_500.png

i revived my old XBL for this
    time for some ass kicking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

A-Trak wrote: »
    Hopefully there'll be an option for Gill only lobbies.
    Good times I say.

I hear Gill-only lobbies are enabled by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

It was said he'd be banned from ranked, but nothing was mentioned for player matches.

You still have to beat arcade mode with every character to unlock him, which most people won't do.

Gill is broken as hell, but is hard to use. To do all his best combos requires some really tight execution and the use of charge partitioning. Not many people will bother learning him.

Gill is not hard to use, he has no charge moves :pac: All command, he's a cheap dick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »
    Gill is not hard to use, he has no charge moves :pac: All command, he's a cheap dick

That's what I get for never unlocking him!

So he has Uriens charge moves without the charging, two hit fireballs as standard, multiple Super Arts at a time, chip damage on normals and a bad ass intro.

I'm so maining Gill!

He's a bastard, have you seen how much chip his moves even do? It's ridiculous!

And his moves do so much stun, 3 tackles and ur almost dead + stunned gg gill

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Ken B wrote: »
    The only reason that Gill is going to be my main is that I really like men in thongs and especially ones that are cheap....

Spoken like a true vega player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I watched this eventually in bits and pieces. Seems pretty hype.

It's an interesting approach compared to what they did for HDR, change goddamn NOTHING (even specifically mentioned that certain glitches were left in place, excluding the ones that crashed the game), but add in lots of extras (easy button config, random select button).

It's amazing how purist this makes Third Strike players sound. The panel mentions they got complaints that the audio quality was too high, and therefore fans considered it "Not a true arcade port". This turned out to be an untrue claim, but seems like ridiculous thing to complain about.

LOL. Ramza you should main Sean, and I'll try to learn Gill. I bet I never beat you.

i dunno whether he was mentioning stuff for the sake of it or whether he unfortunately stumbled upon some absolute fat, beef jerky eating redneck on SRK saying it wasnt perfect arcade port because of the sound quality.
    Sorry dog ears, **** off, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

People moaned that the sound quality was too good? :pac:

bush wrote: »

In fairness, nobody wants to hear those raps any clearer.

bush wrote: »

Yeah to paraphrase what the producer send on the panel

"People complained that the audio fidelity was actually higher than the arcade version, thereby making the game not "arcade perfect". Whereas actually the audio quality on the home console ports people are most used to was actually lower than the arcade, and it might just seem better than what you're used to, but is actually "arcade perfect".

As I said, sounds pretty purist.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OTOH, Capcom have been known to make highly exaggerated claims in their PR speak before (e.g. Marvel3 netcode).

So forumites shouldn't be dismissed without non-partisan testing.

I'd like Arcade sounds, plus it was annoying at SVB since I think the PS2 version runs a tiny bit slower than the arcade version so I couldn't parry well, took me a handful of casual games to adjust.

I'm worried just about the upload to youtube feature, my GT e-mail is different than my YouTube, I pray I won't have to make a new YT under my GT e-mail, all my subs/videos are on my one main channel and would hate to make a new one just for 3s replays

As far as keeping in the glitches like Akuma's f+mp being unthrowable that's a good thing imo, not in terms of balance but just because I think little quirks like that (which don't really matter tbh), are nice to see in an arcade perfect port

I'm worried just about the upload to youtube feature, my GT e-mail is different than my YouTube, I pray I won't have to make a new YT under my GT e-mail, all my subs/videos are on my one main channel and would hate to make a new one just for 3s replays

Can't you just change the email address associated with your youtube account to the one you use for your GT or do the opposite.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    OTOH, Capcom have been known to make highly exaggerated claims in their PR speak before (e.g. Marvel3 netcode).

So forumites shouldn't be dismissed without non-partisan testing.

I've seen comments that the 8 year old who made it out of MvC3 pools at Evo "Isn't impressive because he isn't using a low tier team. Have him do that with spiderman and maybe I'll give a damn". So I am absolutely willing to believe Derek Neil when he says people bitched high sound quality wasn't arcade perfect.
    As far as keeping in the glitches like Akuma's f+mp being unthrowable that's a good thing imo, not in terms of balance but just because I think little quirks like that (which don't really matter tbh), are nice to see in an arcade perfect port

I actually agree with you. Fixing gameplay glitches is still technically a rebalance, and as far as rebalances go, only fixing things like Akuma's f+mp is a really lame rebalance: Either go all out, or don't bother.

Had they fixed balances glitches, 3SOE would have ended up like CVS2EO.

Can't you just change the email address associated with your youtube account to the one you use for your GT or do the opposite.

lol i'm an idiot :o

Ah can't wait for the rage/easy wins when this comes out next week. All the sf4 players trying to figure out how do I do that focus thing (parry)

IM SO HYPE IT'S UNREAL

I'll be online a LOT when this is released, anyone wants some help with any characters/the game itself or some casual games don't hesitate to ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ah can't wait for the rage/easy wins when this comes out next week. All the sf4 players trying to figure out how do I do that focus thing (parry)

IM SO HYPE IT'S UNREAL

Be prepared for people doing endless random overheads as they keep mashing those focus attack buttons. :pac:

More like they'll be mashing cr.LP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I figured it was going to be all about parrying endless jump-ins.

Nope. It all about landing that low medium kick. Land low medium and then super. Rinse and repeat till win game

once you start playing good players you'll realize throwing out random or falling into the pattern of low medium kick = PARRIED xx combo xx super.

sf3_video_parry02.jpgsf3_video_parry02.jpgsf3_video_parry02.jpg

I'll cross that bridge when we get to it. But at first I want to make nibs rage for a while

Nope. It all about landing that low medium kick. Land low medium and then super. Rinse and repeat till win game

Good luck confirming Ken's cr.mk :pac:

Good luck confirming Ken's cr.mk :pac:

Challenge accepted.

im pretty sure ramza means, confirming cr.mk , putting on the kettle, making tea and takin 2 sips and then into super

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    im pretty sure ramza means, confirming cr.mk , putting on the kettle, making tea and takin 2 sips and then into super
    Speak for yourself, Chun whore player! :pac:

Advertisement