Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Well I can't say anything, I play ryu since I was 15 at the time of my dreamcast and ryu was the man to me (man I hate shotos now) so looking to pick up remy, Hugo or urien (maybe gill ;-p)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Challenge accepted.

There's no way in hell you are ever hitconfirming that :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    There's no way in hell you are ever hitconfirming that :pac:

Give me 15 red bulls and so adrenaline, then we shall see how fast my reactions are......

But yeah I played ryu so I normally c. Mk, fireball, super

I think that was the basic one I did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

M8 no offence, I basically made top 8 at SVB, and I can't hitconfirm cr.mk with Ken, there's no way in hell you're doing it. It's so ****ing hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Any tips for Q Ramza?

I'm going to play him because his hand is purp- I mean, he has a sweet hat..

• Advertisement

Yeah I know. Seems ya can't have some fun here.

I was just referencing the shadaloo showdown final where all they did was try to hit confirm low medium

Ramza wrote: »
    I didn't make top 8 at SVB

fyp

fyp

:( Pedram Swe

Yeah I know. Seems ya can't have some fun here.

I was just referencing the shadaloo showdown final where all they did was try to hit confirm low medium

Not trying to rain on yer parade it just annoys me when people say it's easy, or misinterpret that hitconfirm, it's honestly so hard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Any tips for Q Ramza?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73221647&postcount=34 ;)

• Advertisement

How would anyone know you're trying to reference one specific 3s match when you say hitconfirming low forward super? :confused:

Any tips for Q Ramza?

Learn when it's safe to taunt (mainly after a bnb), learn how to do capture and deadly blow(command grab), dash punch, dash punch, taunt. He has some good solid pokes. His defense is great and he has ok offense I guess. His kara throw is nuts

FFS Ramza, I just linked that! :mad:

How would anyone know you're trying to reference one specific 3s match when you say hitconfirming low forward super? :confused:
    Wouldn't it be easier to explain HOW and WHY you can't hit-confirm cr.MK with Ken?
    :confused:
    Other than the obvious of "it's a fast move that recovers too quickly for any sort of visual/audible indicator for HC".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Gonna Makoto this **** up

It's hard to hitconfirm Ken's cr.mk because it's just one poke (which you have to cancel, and you have not got a lot of time to do so), you cant react to its hitting, wait, then input, like with cr/st.MP. You have to be so fast

Ramza wrote: »
    It's hard to hitconfirm Ken's cr.mk because it's just one poke (which you have to cancel, and you have not got a lot of time to do so), you cant react to its hitting, wait, then input, like with cr/st.MP. You have to be so fast

Just wanted to agree here. Hit confirming is giving yourself enough time to confirm whether the first in a string of moves which will end in a cancel into a special or super has hit or been blocked, and still keep your opponent in hit stun or block stun until you can safely execute the cancel or abandon it.

It's practically impossible to do that with no margin of error off of the vast majority of single hit, cancellable moves when your opponent isn't committed to a move. Even the fastest human reaction time would struggle with it. You can make an educated guess, based on the situation at the time and what the other guy is doing, but that's not a true fail-safe hit confirm, thats just throwing out a combo you feel confident about. There's no decision making involved, it's just a matter of solid execution.

From a nutral state, with no idea what your opponent is likely to do you need a chain, target combo, link combo, jump-in combo, or some other multi-hit string that will give you enough time to see the first hit connect, and while the blockstun from the subsequent hits keeps you safe, make the decision whether to execute the cancel or not.

ReNic is doing a 3s Q and A live stream right now

http://www.twitch.tv/r_e_n_i_c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

interesting stream, sounds depressing listening about RX and other 3s players, just seems like theyre living in the past but i guess all will change tomorrow and the 24th. Is it out on 23rd for ps3? i hope people dont upload random crap videos - UGH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Placebo wrote: »
    interesting stream, sounds depressing listening about RX and other 3s players, just seems like theyre living in the past but i guess all will change tomorrow and the 24th. Is it out on 23rd for ps3? i hope people dont upload random crap videos - UGH

What's that about other 3S players? I don't see anything they could possibly complain about.

3S online on Wednesday for the 360-ers? Cool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

i hope people dont upload random crap videos - UGH

Yeah, assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Wait until you see my sick fireball parry. Imma' upload them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Im really looking forward to this i never played 3s before but every now and again there was some good vids in the inresting vid section and that last one ramza put up blew me away.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Is there a specific time this should go up or can I wait till midnight tonight and spend all night playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Won't be midnight here. Some time in the morning, at least on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Not sure if these are legit but this person claims to have ripped these off the game......if true this remix of this song is crap....compare to the original nevermind they all sound pretty s**t

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

man they sound fantastic, if you played the game for a long time, youd appreciate it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

man they sound fantastic, if you played the game for a long time, youd appreciate it

I'm pretty sure I watched him playing 3S when it was first released in the arcades, actually.

Your move Farz :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

What's with people that played 3rd strike before this re release and the attitude a lot of them seem to have? They remind me of the goth kids on South Park except less cool.

Advertisement