Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Neeknak wrote: »
    What's with people that played 3rd strike before this re release and the attitude a lot of them seem to have? They remind me of the goth kids on South Park except less cool.

This is a universal human truth, not specific to 3S vets.

"I liked it before it was popular" is a badge of honour among some people. Seems to most commonly be applied to music bands though.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

This is a universal human truth, not specific to 3S vets.

"I liked it before it was popular" is a badge of honour among some people. Seems to most commonly be applied to music bands though.

Yeah, I find that a lot with bands. The less mainstream the band, the quicker it's fan's will claim they've sold out when more than 14 people know about them.

I just find it a tad irritating, and a lot of times it's downright condescending. I played Street Fighter 3 in the arcade before 2nd impact or 3rd strike. My cool points must be through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I'm pretty sure I watched him playing 3S when it was first released in the arcades, actually.

Your move Farz :D

Yeah and i said if you played the game for a LONG time.
    Not being elitist at all, Neeknak. I'm merely commenting on the nostalgic factor.

Its like someone that knew about pokemon and listened to the remixed theme and said WOW that crap in comparison. But im sure if you watched the cartoon some what and enjoyed the games you would appreciate it more.

I'm not gonna explain myself in the future.

Stfu2.jpg

Placebo wrote: »
    Not being elitist at all, Neeknak. I'm merely commenting on the nostalgic factor.

Its like someone that knew about pokemon and listened to the remixed theme and said WOW that crap in comparison. But im sure if you watched the cartoon some what and enjoyed the games you would appreciate it more.

I played the original Japanese ROM of Pokemon Red before it was even localised for English.

I'm clearly the coolest person in the whole world.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I was one of the Japanese kids that had a seizure while watching the cartoon. Checkmate!

• Advertisement

I am Ash Ketchum

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I am Ash Ketchum

I had a digimon toy before pokemon or digimon came out.

Suck it

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Out of curiosity, did anyone "pre-order" this on the PS3? Was it worthwhile? I know it's out a day earlier than the Xbox (out Wednesday), so I'm just wondering if anyone will be playing it tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I am Ash Ketchum

I am Green.

Seven Force! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, did anyone "pre-order" this on the PS3? Was it worthwhile? I know it's out a day earlier than the Xbox (out Wednesday), so I'm just wondering if anyone will be playing it tomorrow...
    You just get a ****ty theme and you don't have to finish arcade mode a bunch of times to unlock Gill, no big whoop. I pre-ordered it anyway just to remind myself to buy it.

• Advertisement

I am Green.

Seven Force! :pac:

Haha, that was a good game too.

Also with M.Bison.... for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

To be fair, most of the people who will buy this game will be lucky to last a month on it. The hatemail people will get because they parried someone's moves will probably be priceless. :pac:

So it seems that with Makoto's remixed theme they took out the actual theme.

To be fair, most of the people who will buy this game will be lucky to last a month on it. The hatemail people will get because they parried someone's moves will probably be priceless. :pac:

I don't think so. Hatemail seems to be generated by things people perceive as "unfair", and parrying everything would be pretty impressive.

I'm going to place my bets on people sending hatemail for getting beatdown by Ken/Yun/Chun players, and complaining they're OP or flowchart.

Not sure what else people CAN cry about in 3S...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The remixed themes sound okay to me (that Q one especially is pretty great), but I reckon I'll be sticking to the CPS3 music just because I'm used to it.

edit: And I think Farz was replying to VizardAnto Doom? That's how it seemed to me anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The remixed themes sound okay to me (that Q one especially is pretty great), but I reckon I'll be sticking to the CPS3 music just because I'm used to it.

edit: And I think Farz was replying to VizardAnto Doom? That's how it seemed to me anyway.

I was just taking the piss, and delibrately misrepresenting what Farz was saying while I was at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Some mod you are :pac:

I've a mixed opinion on the stuff I've listened to so far, a few I really like, a few disappointments and some I'm not sure what to make of.

One thing that's noticeable across all of them is they seem to focus on one element of the original theme which works well for some but in others the best bits are lost. That leaves me wondering though, are these the complete themes? Have they done away with the different mixes for each round?

Most likely but there's still hope.

i have nothing but respect for the community and all the members that support it. It deeply hurts and shocks me when people assume that i would expose any emotions of elitism. Id like to take this post and point out that i have nothing but the atmost respect for all you challengers out there. I hope you all prosper in your chosen journeys and i definitive hope we meet paths in ranked - Third strike because i will have no mercy on noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Unlike HDR, the remixed music for 3S is J*U*N*K.

Same for the Stanley Lau art.

Original music actually had soul.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Unlike HDR, the remixed music for 3S is J*U*N*K.

Same for the Stanley Lau art.

Original music actually had soul.

I don't see what all the fuss about re music, and new vs old mixes. Settings are local to each console, so everybody gets what they want. It would be different if a particular music, graphical option or whatever was being set as the new unchangeable standard, but it's not, so meh.

Personally, I'm going with arcade cab, scan lines, burn in, no sidebar, and original BGM. I may use a graphical filter if my brain can't handle the old style spites, but apart from that it's retro all the way, so the new BGM can be as good or bad as it likes, I don't care.

Oh what we're ragging on the new art as well now?

How f***ing dare Capcom put new material in a rerelease!

Original game didn't have no namby-pamby fast button config or usable netcode either, get that **** out of here I want to pay for the exact same package I already have on DC and Xbox!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh what we're ragging on the new art as well now?

How f***ing dare Capcom put new material in a rerelease!

Original game didn't have no namby-pamby fast button config or usable netcode either, get that **** out of here I want to pay for the exact same package I already have on DC and Xbox!
    Stop trying to create a strawman argument. The new art is fecking atrocious. Bad, non-dynamic poses. Shared poses, eg Elena/Sean. Flat colours.
    It's a hack-job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I hope you all prosper in your chosen journeys and i definitive hope we meet paths in ranked - Third strike because i will have no mercy on noobs.
    Yeah and i said if you played the game for a LONG time.

exqcc31314042701.jpg

oh my, i have been bested. I have taught you well Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

And so I go to sleep, I just know when I get up this thread will be full of psn players making fun of me for having an xbox.......

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

And so I go to sleep, I just know when I get up this thread will be full of psn players making fun of me for having an xbox.......

Doubt it since PSN updates in the EU are on wednesdays...also around 5-7pm so us 360 users will have the last laugh :D

Oh yeah the youtube upload seems to be only 240p... for ps3 lets hope they fix this.........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Well don't ya have to pay for hd accounts or something????

Just watched a developer walk through of this, OMG SO MUCH LOVE. But whats with the DLC, what could they do for dlc???

Well don't ya have to pay for hd accounts or something????
    Nah I've been uploading HD stuff for free on a non-featured account for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Doubt it since PSN updates in the EU are on wednesdays...also around 5-7pm so us 360 users will have the last laugh :D

Oh yeah the youtube upload seems to be only 240p... for ps3 lets hope they fix this.........:mad:

The original CPS3 arcade board ran at 384x224, as crap as they look 240P youtube videos run at 424x240, thats still more then the original hardware.

Advertisement