Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Just watched a developer walk through of this, OMG SO MUCH LOVE. But whats with the DLC, what could they do for dlc???

A lot of things. As discussed already, you can unlock everything in the game by paying $1, OR beating arcade mode with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

that video quality is pretty dire

Reviews are out. Universally excellent, according to the ones published so far this morning. Out of 5 reviews i read, not one was below 90%. Terms like "definitive version" and "must buy" are being thrown around all over the place.

GGPO netcode looks like it's rock solid too. :D

Gamerankings 3SOE Reviews

heres a tournament

Music sounds excellent , especially during tournament brackets, really pumpin.
    Not how music changes in round 2

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I was wondering about this.

Do you upload locally, or do Capcom do it?

There's bandwidth overhead, or if it's local, they have to have encoders and stuff on your local system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

At 7 minutes on that thing, when Chun does her super...it's not just me, there was a glitch there right? Is that the rollback taking effect?

That guy recorded it himself, so theres some audo sync issues + missing frame here and there makes it look like a glitch.

also xbox wont have upload facility straight away, theyre gonna push an update in a few dates. The upload quality looks pretty crap

Placebo wrote: »
    That guy recorded it himself, so theres some audo sync issues + missing frame here and there makes it look like a glitch.

also xbox wont have upload facility straight away, theyre gonna push an update in a few dates. The upload quality looks pretty crap

I would expect that if the upload happens server side- Capcom gotta pay for all that bandwidth.

Can't see why it would be if it's done client side, I am sure PPC or someone more invested in game design could tell us :)

I dont think it would be done via capcom servers. It may get authentication and connect via it [if even] but if replays are stored on your machine, it makes more sense to process the inputs and throw the feed into youtube from the caller. But that doesnt explain the awful resolution. Maybe it will be changed. Too soon to say, thats just my speculation.

I dont think it would be done via capcom servers. It may get authentication and connect via it [if even] but if replays are stored on your machine, it makes more sense to process the inputs and throw the feed into youtube from the caller. But that doesnt explain the awful resolution. Maybe it will be changed. Too soon to say, thats just my speculation.

Yeah, you never know, the guy recording simply could have had some setting to 240p when he was recording it for upload.

• Advertisement

what a dickhead, he probably caused an uproar and a few heart attacks on SRK

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I watch TheShend's videos, and they're only 360p.

*EDIT*

Was on my phone, so didn't click the 240p video.

Holy Hell, that is ATROCIOUS video quality!
    Hopefully it gets patched to 360p.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I watch TheShend's videos, and they're only 360p.

There's a huuuuge jump in quality between 240 and 360, I think to the human eye much more perceptible than 360-720. I find most direct recordings from video games to be totally watchable in 360.

YT in one of their more idiotic random design changes they've been doing lately decided to change the default player setting to 240 instead of 360 to save on bandwidth. Within 3 days it was changed back, I don't think they ever made an official comment why not but the vids were basically unwatchable, and required a second reloading at 360 (which I assume ended up eating up more bandwidth than leaving them 360 in the first place).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Random hype for 3s now!

you can ban up to 3 characters, so it seems

9edbaf694c0a422a9e7a6bd.png
    9e572cbeb54b4c7ba25a4d7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

In before loads of lobbies ban the twins and Chun Li

And it turns out the electricity is being shut off where I live for the 2nd fecking time in 2 weeks tomorrow. FFS, no point in getting 3sOE now until I get back from Spain.

I hope to god I don't miss too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

In before loads of lobbies ban the twins and Chun Li

Yang really isn't at a bannable level in 3s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I hope to god I don't miss too much.

What are you going to miss in the two weeks or so that OE is out, that hasn't been missed in the nearly 15 years since it got realeased?

you can ban up to 3 characters, so it seems

At the risk of being told to stop whining (again), ban the f**k out of gill. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Anyway to ban every characters but gill :pac:also we should set up a boards lobby tomorrow so everyone can body me for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Someone do a writeup of all the features and whatnot for RS.ie! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Anyway to ban every characters but gill :pac:also we should set up a boards lobby tomorrow so everyone can body me for free.

Come to casuals and body me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

That's bad to the level of pointlessness. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

It's not out till tomorrow for Europe PS3 users yet Americans get it now. Normally I'd just buy it off the US store about now but I pre-ordered it already.

Lured in by the temptations of a theme. :pac:

Naphiel wrote: »
    It's not out till tomorrow for Europe PS3 users yet Americans get it now. Normally I'd just buy it off the US store about now

how do I go about doing that? Do I need a US credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

how do I go about doing that? Do I need a US credit card?
    No. Just create a PS3 account and set your region to the US. I have a bunch of US exclusive crap on my console that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sairus wrote: »
    No. Just create a PS3 account and set your region to the US. I have a bunch of US exclusive crap on my console that way.

Don't know if it'll accept an Irish CC on a US account, but I just buy US PSN Vouchers fom www.gamecards.eu

Sairus wrote: »

Many thanks. Much appreciated.
    Don't know if it'll accept an Irish CC on a US account, but I just buy US PSN Vouchers fom www.gamecards.eu

I'm just looking to grab the free demo to play around with it for the evening till the XBL release comes out tomorrow. No purchase needed. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

A-Trak wrote: »
    exqcc31314042701.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Downloading the demo now \o/!

Advertisement