Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Sisko wrote: »
    :pac:

He graces us with his presence ?!?

!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Just came home to being trolled by my bro

Him : 3S IS OUT ON THE MARKETPLACE

Me ; Really!?

Him : NO. fu

=[

Is your bro's name capcom europe by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

So apparently this lags :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

busey_clapping.gif

Hats off to Capcom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

who to main...who to main...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

UNconfirmed reports online that the PS3 version has input lag/sky is falling

UNconfirmed reports online that the PS3 version has input lag/sky is falling

Saw that on SRK this morning. It's probably too early to tell, but hasn't XBL always been better for fighting games? The 360 version will be the real measure of how well the game has been put together, particularly online.

Personally, if it turns out to be as good netcode as HD Remix was on 360, I'm happy. That game was rock solid online with a half decent connection. Any improvement on it would be a real step forward technically for the genre.

Saw that on SRK this morning. It's probably too early to tell, but hasn't XBL always been better for fighting games?.

The perception of the general online Xbox Live experience has nothing to do with the perception of the offline and specifically input related problems on PS3.

I don't have a PS3, but AFAIK, HDR is actually unplayable on PS3. Like pro-players unable to do basic hadoken motions half the time.

IF (caps) there is an issue with 3S, I imagine it's more due to insufficient playtesting taking place on PS3, than any inherent problem with the PS3 machine itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Its available now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Anyone know what time xbl updates? Just sitting here waiting for 3rd strike...

Pretty sure AE took awhile too...

Edit: Nevermind it just went up!

The perception of the general online Xbox Live experience has nothing to do with the perception of the offline and specifically input related problems on PS3.

I don't have a PS3, but AFAIK, HDR is actually unplayable on PS3. Like pro-players unable to do basic hadoken motions half the time.

Well it's not THAT bad, but yeah I think the main problem with it was they clearly developed it for 360 and XBL and then shoddily ported it over to ps3/PSN. It was buggy in parts offline, not perfect but mostly OK, but when you took it online it was absolutely maddeningly frustrating and a terrible experience.

I do think that XBL is a better network, but there's probably more to fear from developers cutting corners like that than any issues PSN or XBL alone would cause.

Let's hope capcom took note and 3SOE has none of the same problems.

To repeat again Mackdaddi, the problems I mention for HDR, and the (unconfirmed) reported ones for 3S deal purely with offline play, and have nothing to do with netcode or XBL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

At the moment it's looking like one of two things, people using crap monitors who don't know what they're actually talking about or once again Capcom just developed it for 360 and did a half assed port to PS3 instead of properly developing it for both.

To repeat again Mackdaddi, the problems I mention for HDR, and the (unconfirmed) reported ones for 3S deal purely with offline play, and have nothing to do with netcode or XBL.

Um. I think Im agreeing with you. PS3 HDR was buggy offline because it was ported badly. Nothing to do with the online experience, which further added to the problems. My point was the biggest danger of a game turning out to be pants is through it being poorly ported over, more than anything else.

Anyways, it doesn't matter too much to me. Input lag will be well down my list of excuses for getting my ass handed to me in 3SOE. The 12 year head start everybody has on me will cause me far more problems. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

My internets ****ed but I completed it with chun. They has 2nd impact colors switch there. Go to dlc then my content. You can change it there. I think in older versions u just pressed start and selected the new Color ? Cant recall

Messed around with it a little on my lunch break.

Breezed through the easy parry challenges (had to mute the tv to get the last one); but am finding it hilariously difficult to hit with Q's jumping roundhouse. Weird weird animation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

10 minutes at lunch on a pad - I suck :( and I tried to focus twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

10 minutes played this morning reminded me that I really don't like playing SF3.
    There's €15 I'll never see again! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Played some Arcade mode there...If I'd gotten those kinda grades in school, I'd still be in first class! Need to do a lot of training........

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'm sitting here playing 3S in training mode.

Not really feeling anything wrong with it, not having any issues canceling anything or doing some easy stuff. Could be 'cause I'm trash and wouldn't know hard combos, but I'm doing Ken stuff pretty handily (long range UOH into SA3, HP srk into SA3), but will muck about some more before I go to casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Was playing it there for awhile on PS3. Had no problem at all with combos, though I wasn't doing anything too advanced, just the trials.

Didn't have any real problem parrying either, I just need to figure out the timing for some moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

At the moment it's looking like one of two things, people using crap monitors who don't know what they're actually talking about or once again Capcom just developed it for 360 and did a half assed port to PS3 instead of properly developing it for both.

It's Fubarback, a bunch of vet 3s players, and a Japanese grandmaster 3s player who's with Fubarduck who are reporting problems, and they're using the lagless setup they used for the SBO qualifiers.

imo the problem is mostly likely due to the PS3 usb input delay (affects all games, this is the reason why PS3 on SF4 has 2 frames of input delay as well).

And afaik Uber the PS3 HDR problems were to do with reversals not coming out sometimes, which definitely makes the game tournament unplayable, but isn't nearly as bad as people not being able to do fireballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Game is ****ing awesome, I forgot how much I loved it (wipes tear from eye) :P

Not having any input lag problems here on 360, and Derek Neal just posted this on SRK

We've been checking this internally, and as far as we can tell, the time from [controller input recieved by game] to [game outputs the new game state] is always less than 1 frame. We haven't yet been able to find a situation where this isn't the case. So just looking objectively at the code, there doesn't appear to be any additional input lag.

That's not to say that people can't still be experiencing offline input lag, just that we aren't able to reproduce it with our dev tools so far. As far as we know, the image is outputting as fast as is possible on PS3. But we will continue to investigate.

This issue is further muddied by the fact that input lag can be added by a variety of things beyond our control, like: displays, controllers, converters, cables (HDMI with HDCP especially), and the PS3 system itself. Individual reports vary, and are difficult to evaluate because we can't control for these things. But we're definitely listening, and investigating.

So there you have it.

Only issues Ive had are with replays not playing back exactly how the match turned out. I beat a guy earlier and finished him in the 2nd round with an unblockable Denjin setup, but in the replay my Ryu threw out a regular Hadouken, this wasnt enough to kill him and after it hit we both just stood there till the time ran out :confused:

There was no reversals at all on one side in HDR ps3 at one stage.

3rd strike:
    Why is ranked not a blind pick?
    Why am I getting information saying an opponent is green ping and level 1 then when I accept it turns red and he's level 5
    Why is there a 5 second countdown, If I can't back out?
    Why do I have to keep hitting through options after each ranked match for another one.

A few key oversights there.

No back for some more. Scrubs ahoy!

J0hnick wrote: »
    Only issues Ive had are with replays not playing back exactly how the match turned out. I beat a guy earlier and finished him in the 2nd round with an unblockable Denjin setup, but in the replay my Ryu threw out a regular Hadouken, this wasnt enough to kill him and after it hit we both just stood there till the time ran out :confused:

I've had that happen in SSFIV too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Just got this and fecked around online with sagat06 and doom.
    man this game aint for me.im bumbling around like an idiot.
    years of sf4 have numbed my brain and execution.
    i went into handicap trials expecting a break.
    didnt do what it said on the tin:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I threw 853 projectiles in that one session.

For that alone, the game was worth 15 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Is there any create ranked match feature ?I've tried to play a couple of time but always get unable to join game session after about a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Connection isssssssssueeeessssss. Been waiting ages for a game. This shouldn't happen.

Advertisement