Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I find it odd that random isn't blind pick but from what I've played so far it's been a positive thing. Normally my opponent will be over someone high tier like Chun but when they see me over one of the low tier characters like Remy or Q they always do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I threw 853 projectiles in that one session.

For that alone, the game was worth 15 quid.

And that is why I may never play it again.Being introduced to the game by playing against you as Remy and your projectile happy game has frustrated and soured my experience
    On another note, Farz rage quit on me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

And that is why I may never play it again.Being introduced to the game by playing against you as Remy and your projectile happy game has frustrated and soured my experience
    On another note, Farz rage quit on me

You should play me Dave, I have yet to throw a single projectile!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Stuck in work till 4am then I shall pwn noobs all night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

my disconnect rate is 100%
    my internets ****ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Is is just me or is there no way to create a private lobby?

Some American scrub bounced into our Hugo vs Alex Wrestlemania session and started bull****ting with his godawful connection and SF4 Flowchart Ken.

Had to give him a dose of THE FRENCH STUFF, ****er won't be sitting down for a week. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

alot of the lads on IRC, keeping saying that its sh!t

1t0m.jpg

Placebo wrote: »
    alot of the lads on IRC, keeping saying that its sh!t

1t0m.jpg
    I think they mean there **** :p

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

my internets ****ed

Could be worse

SF3OE_BUG.jpg

Ya could be this guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Can you save other people's matches? Was in a tourney and I lost at semis but the finals had a really good necro (good enough to impress a day 1 3rd strike player) so I saved the tournament afterwards but it only saved the matches I was involved in.

Loving this game but hope they can sort out how long it takes to play...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

It's embarrassing to see how bad my inputs are without the SF4 shortcuts.

I am failing double-fireball motions all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Ranked matches don't work.
    Lobbies have several glitches
    Ping doesn't work.
    No regional matchmaking as far as I can see ( I thought i saw it earlier..)
    GGPO sucks on mediocre to bad connections, but we always knew that.

This thing is gonna need a big patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ranked is too free right now... just gonna wait till it gets better but ranked 4 Urien atm

Me and Chunkis are FT10 tomorrow and DooM is gonna record, it should be good, hope you guys enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I heard a rumor that there will be DLC characters for this game. Not sure how plausible it is but Poison's sprite is already in the game and maybe some SFIV characters could make an appearance as chronologically SF3 takes place after SFIV.

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Been waiting ages for a game. This shouldn't happen.

Yep, definitely. It needs to be sorted out. That, and finding games by ping is not easy, i'm on 360 and the connection stats haven't been displaying for me. I joined a few rooms last night and the only way i could see how far away the host was was by checking his location on his gamer card while i waited in line.
    my internets ****ed

I've seen quite a few of those guys with DC % in the thousands. Wierd glitch.
    Is is just me or is there no way to create a private lobby?

No i think i saw an option. Just create a room, like normal, and set all the slots in it to private.
    It's embarrassing to see how bad my inputs are without the SF4 shortcuts

F*ck SF4 inputs, i think this game is the perfect sweet spot for execution. As a former SSF2T player, the input in that game was bloody demanding, there were TINY windows to input things. SF4 is the other end of the spectrum, too easy, to the point of moves coming out accidentally, and the shortcuts hinder me more than help me. I think 3S is just right. I wish i had gotten into it years ago.
    This thing is gonna need a big patch

Yep, from a short session last night there are a few niggles with it that are a bit annoying. The biggest issue i had was the lack of ping display. It's quite hard to search, find, and join a room with a low ping without trial and error. It's a case of join, queue up for a game, start playing, and THEN find out you're on a sh1t connection. Ping display like in SSF2T HD Remix lobbies would be perfect.

One good point about owning it on 360 though, is that as far as i know, the XBL launch process allows for one free patch as part of releasing a game on their servers, so capcom will be doing something with it, probably in a few months. I'm sure feedback like this is being taken on board.

What gets me is that capcom have gotten all this stuff right before, and yet they keep changing the formula on different games. For my money, take HD Remix's netcode, ping display, lobbies, blind picking systems, and add SSFIV AE's replay and channel management, and this game's button config, and you're sorted. Why do they keep messing with the formula for everything?
    Azure_sky wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that there will be DLC characters for this game.

I hope not. They should keep it faithful to the original. DLC characters would only mess with the balance of it and lead to old vs new version arguments. It's a great release (minor un-patched niggles aside) and a lot of people seem willing to get behind it. They should leave it at that, and keep the DLC to unlocks, colours, music, stages, and all the other stuff that has no effect on the core gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It's Fubarback, a bunch of vet 3s players, and a Japanese grandmaster 3s player who's with Fubarduck who are reporting problems, and they're using the lagless setup they used for the SBO qualifiers.

imo the problem is mostly likely due to the PS3 usb input delay (affects all games, this is the reason why PS3 on SF4 has 2 frames of input delay as well).

And afaik Uber the PS3 HDR problems were to do with reversals not coming out sometimes, which definitely makes the game tournament unplayable, but isn't nearly as bad as people not being able to do fireballs.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/3s-oe-input-lag-testing.144512/

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

There's about as much chance of there being DLC characters in this game as the Taoiseach making me 'Minister For Pussy'........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ken B wrote: »
    There's about as much chance of there being DLC characters in this game as the Taoiseach making me 'Minister For Pussy'........

cowboy outfit Ken dlc pleez

Does anybody know if there are any guides to the unlockables online anywhere yet, what stuff can you unlock, and how?

I know there are 2nd impact costume colours that are unlocked for each character you beat the story mode with, but not much else. Does the 80 ms points DLC unlock for the dip switches (xbox) give you access to any of the music/artwork/etc as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Ramza wrote: »
    Ranked is too free right now... just gonna wait till it gets better but ranked 4 Urien atm

Me and Chunkis are FT10 tomorrow and DooM is gonna record, it should be good, hope you guys enjoy it

Hows your execution Ramza? Has SF4 hurt you at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Hows your execution Ramza? Has SF4 hurt you at all?

My staple is PS2 pad I've been using Xbox pad, weirdly enough I'm fine on it, it took me a while to get back into the swing of 3s but when I get going it just all comes back. I'm grand, I tend to drop Urien's double tackles a lot but I need to training mode that **** up

Otherwise I'm grand

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that there will be DLC characters for this game. Not sure how plausible it is but Poison's sprite is already in the game and maybe some SFIV characters could make an appearance as chronologically SF3 takes place after SFIV.

NO NO NO NO

But I'm maining Hugo now. Stupid trial 2 is slightly broken. Does not register sometimes even though you land full combo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

A good few of them just don't like registering.

It might be because the dummy never blocks so you can't really tell if you're dropping a link the game expects you to get, but why the hell would they not have the dummy block to show it if the game is checking for it?

Maybe it's just broken I dunno.

A good few of them just don't like registering.

It might be because the dummy never blocks so you can't really tell if you're dropping a link the game expects you to get, but why the hell would they not have the dummy block to show it if the game is checking for it?

Maybe it's just broken I dunno.

Yeah kinda hard to try get combos down but the game tells me I am getting it wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

ok this may sound weird but has anyone else played invisible players on ranked?

the character was just not there but when i checked back in replay he was.:confused:. i won the match anyway

seems hella scrubby online so far. i won 15 games in a row having never played the game before.:cool:

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    ok this may sound weird but has anyone else played invisible players on ranked?

the character was just not there but when i checked back in replay he was.:confused:. i won the match anyway

seems hella scrubby online so far. i won 15 games in a row having never played the game before.:cool:

Only tried once online. Did not see any issues, besides fighting someone ranked 49 and getting destroyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

As Hugo, hold down Start or select at the beginning of the round, then taunt. Voila, Poison sprites.
    If there are "new" characters, i'll eat my hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Today the ranked battles seem much better on the ps3. And because I'm able to get games, I'm now finding this game to be very fun.

I'm using Ryu, never used Ryu before, but in this one the Denjin Fireball is too cool to turn down.

Monkeyto wrote: »
    I'm using Ryu, never used Ryu before, but in this one the Denjin Fireball is too cool to turn down.

EX axe kick > wall bounce is wicked too. It's becoming painfully clear that akuma is fantastic on the attack but has zero stamina or defence, so I may pick up ryu as a second for a more rounded set of options.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Advertisement