Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Brilliant games lads! Last round of second game was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Ah the end of the second game was epic. What a parry to super but aegis reflector saving it for razma. Games like that is why I love 3s

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I actually surprisingly won all the matches I played over lunch today.
    Except that one where I ran across Chunkis. Definitely didn't win that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I uploaded this from 3s online, the quality is really poor :( was expecting a lot more from the upload feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P04SzABKqsg

chunkis wrote: »
    I uploaded this from 3s online, the quality is really poor :( was expecting a lot more from the upload feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P04SzABKqsg

It's prob still processing, if it still looks like that in 2 hours though yeah it's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

240p?

Way to stay with the times, Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It's prob still processing, if it still looks like that in 2 hours though yeah it's terrible.

It's only been uploading at 240p since release on on ps3 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Feckin SF3,
    you gotta be a god for the execution in this game,I spit on you

Any one for a game of of SF4

I can do double diagonal for a DP:D:D
    Seriously though that's not what hurts me playing this as i never did it ,It's the normals into specials into supers for hit confirms.Just hit confirming in general
    You need special eyes for that stuff
    Takes practice I suppose

• Advertisement

Feckin SF3,
    you gotta be a god for the execution in this game,I spit on you

Any one for a game of of SF4

I can do double diagonal for a DP:D:D
    Seriously though that's not what hurts me playing this as i never did it ,It's the normals into specials into supers for hit confirms.Just hit confirming in general
    You need special eyes for that stuff
    Takes practice I suppose

Try play hugo, WHY AM I SLAPPING YOU BIG MORON. I SAID THROW HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I remember im not doing a full 360/720 but the sf4 shortcut.............getting better though

Am really enjoying this game. It's a bit buggy sometimes online but for 15 euro it's a steal. I do wish they'd sort out a few niggles though. I seem to be doing more searching and syncing of my stats than anything else. Speeding up the matchmaking would be good, and fixing the ping stats is a must. It would just make choosing lobbies much faster & easier.

Also there are a few little sound and video bugs. I've had sound disappear on me in replays and have had a handful of game feeezes and black screens mid match.

The disconnect stats are a joke. Mine was tracking around 4 billion percent this evening:D

On another note, i never realised how big hit confirming off footsies was in this game. Fireballs are worthless, and meanwhile a simple ground poke could lead to you eating a ten hit combo:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

On another note, i never realised how big hit confirming off footsies was in this game. Fireballs are worthless, and meanwhile a simple ground poke could lead to you eating a ten hit combo:eek:

Or worse...an 11 hit combo

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Or worse...an 11 hit combo

or worse, Hugos SA1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

The matchmaking in this f***ing sucks. Its like MK all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Some problems

-All youtube videos go to the same channel, tagging feature needs to be more elaborated. Will be hard to search videos
    -Quality is awful, that goes without saying
    -Ranking match making doesnt work, should be able to create matches for your own continent
    -Searching for player matches should have continent query as well, should show people countries !
    -Searching replays doesnt work yet either
    -lots of bugs, long wait times in lobbies sometimes, random crashes, color swap glitch i found etc etc

I guess if they fix the glitches and ranked, it should be 99.9% perfection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just been doing trials mainly. Trying to learn the game and get used to the various aspects. I'm 50/50 on my timing of parrys. Tournament mode seems odd. Was invited by Generic_name, it played out...and then I had to be re-invited rather than just hitting a reset or new tournament button. Good that you can spectate though (stupid MvC3!)

I'm playing on Arcade Cabinet view, but not getting those challenges popping up at the side. Happening for anyone else?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Just been doing trials mainly. Trying to learn the game and get used to the various aspects. I'm 50/50 on my timing of parrys. Tournament mode seems odd. Was invited by Generic_name, it played out...and then I had to be re-invited rather than just hitting a reset or new tournament button. Good that you can spectate though (stupid MvC3!)

I'm playing on Arcade Cabinet view, but not getting those challenges popping up at the side. Happening for anyone else?

It's happening to me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Basically we paid for a new feature set for a game we already own and the only bit worth a damn was the core game itself.

Basically we paid for a new feature set for a game we already own and the only bit worth a damn was the core game itself.

It does have a lot of potential though, but it's ironic that the main selling point, the online portion, is lacklustre.

I guess if capcom take patching it as seriously as they should it could end up being great, but it definitely needs work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Picked this up today.
    getting paired with the japanese and americans and even if people have green ping it warps everywhere. I was hyped for this and now its just shot me down :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Attlee

I'm gutted after playing this version for a few hours. I rushed out to get the Anniversary Edition back in 2004 and have been playing 3S on and off since then but this version is just garbage. I can't believe there's no easy way to get a list of players, see their connection quality, connect to one and just keep rematching the same person. That feature was in AE 7 years ago but it's absent here in lieu of silly player matching systems which don't work and an awful ranked system. The stats on the side are really intrusive too - I just want a 4:3 display without that stuff flashing up but it's been overlooked. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

What most people are missing is that this game is an arcade perfect revision, that's the best part tbh (and GGPO netcode)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

tbh arcade perfect doesnt mean much to me, for example prior to this release and lets even rewind a few years back, the Xbox and PS2 versions were the only main sources, with that the competitions were also held on those systems. So with that in mind the arcade version fails to come into the equation.
    Bring that mentality forward now, and ofcourse its great to have an arcade perfect version but my main PLUS is a port to XBOX360 and ps3.

I know theres alot of emphasis on the arcade pefect port but to me thats just "wow, nice one". Because not like we ever had the arcade or were used to it. Especially in europe. Its been different since the dreamcast.

Just a minor point. I'm most greatful for a port to this gen, regardless of version

Good point, I'm glad for it tho and having it on the current gen consoles is a whole word easier

I honestly don't get the hate. This is the exact same game I have been playing on ggpo for 2 years now and it is perfect for me. Yes the ranked match making is bad but I have had pretty much no issue with lag. Yes I get the odd rewind but that happened in ggpo. Remember ggpo will not fix your lag or Internet but if your Internet is good its perfect.

My one complaint is that I want to remove those dam award things at side. They are so annoying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Attlee

Don't forget that in GGPO you could see the other player's ping and location which meant that you could get the good quality connection GGPO needs to work well. Here you either wait 5 minutes for a terrible connection in the ranked games mode or go lobby hopping in the player match mode trying to find a lobby with a good connection that has 6 private slots so you don't have to sit around waiting to play. The traffic light ping rating is very ambiguous and unhelpful.

I know that when you finally get into a good game it is still enjoyable but that's just because the underlying game is so great - if they had spent less time on those annoying awards and just concentrated on building a lobby system with good regional and ping settings then it would be the best version out there. I hate when designers sacrifice ease of use for these meaningless online ranking systems. I don't care about my ranking or anybody else's so having to wait ages to connect to another player and then not being given the option to rematch is just so silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I like how the main theme along most forums seems to be "playing SF4 has made me unable to do anything basic in other fighting games!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Need to remove my fear of parrying

• Advertisement

I can find ranked games fine, I have NAT type 3 and it takes about 15 seconds to find someone

Advertisement