Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Vyze wrote: »
    Would you rather just have a bunch of people who don't have a clue about the game so you can beat on them for a while and then not really get any better?

trollface.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I'd rather play people on my level. and my level is ****. we'd both end up getting slowly better. Sure i'd fight people on a much higher level but they quickly get bored and stop playing =/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

When I learned 3rd Strike it was almost entirely through playing Ramza and Tin, both of whom completely battered me for hundreds of games on end (I played probably 500 Ken mirror matches with Tin in the time he spent in Ireland and I won two games the entire time, and Ramza would still streak me for quite a few games between every game I take off him now).

I can't think of a better way to have learned the game, nor did I get bored for a single match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Irony in this thread is delicious, especially since getting 100%'d in a single combo by SirAuronDX's Valkenhayn was mad frustrating for the Blazblue newbies at Wheel of Hype, me included.

Take what you give!

Take it and like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

trollface.jpg
    I'm not even trolling. When I was first learning BB I would've loved to have had a player who would grind me into the dirt for free every match! My first time playing vs Tin and losing badly to his Litchi was fantastic since it meant I had a fun entirely-uphill battle vs someone.

• Advertisement

Irony in this thread is delicious, especially since getting 100%'d in a single combo by SirAuronDX's Valkenhayn was mad frustrating for the Blazblue newbies at Wheel of Hype, me included.

Take what you give!

Take it and like it!
    Also this.

Vyze wrote: »
    I'm not even trolling. When I was first learning BB I would've loved to have had a player who would grind me into the dirt for free every match! My first time playing vs Tin and losing badly to his Litchi was fantastic since it meant I had a fun entirely-uphill battle vs someone.

No I agree, I was more for making Prinnies point of "lol tough **** son".

Hell the reason I gave up BB altogether was the lack of better players still playing it.

S'pos it wasn't exactly clear that I was trollfacing with your post rather than at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

does anybody know where i could find some info on yang in third strike i checked srks third strike info and theres next to nothing on him and pages of ryu
    http://3sempire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Yang

Another source.

Right unrelated games. my opinion etc etc. im not even bothering anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Right unrelated games. my opinion etc etc. im not even bothering anymore

Surely you can see the hypocrisy of your opinion though?

You absolutely destroy a newbie BB player and laugh about it, but then moan that when you want to learn 3S everyone is better than you.

• Advertisement

Blinn was owning you at 3S? Now picture him only playing his best character and talking incessently throughout every match about the total awesomeness of everything he's doing rather than throwing out constructive advice like he does.

Congrats you're now a step closer to being one of the BB newbies at DS.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok lads I think you've gotten your point across.

Ok lads I think you've gotten your point across.
    yeah they did even though they all say the same thing pointing it out three times one after another. getting stomped on by experts is no fun. im helping my friends learn blaz at theirs and theyre teaching smash(which is surprisngly the hardest thing ever). so the hypocrisy isnt lost on me. on the whole constructive advice thing. im giving advice sometimes and hell im even reading up characters i dont know to help my friends

anyway all in all i just wanted someone on my level and hey someone messaged me whos new to 3s aswell so im sorted.

on the bb(which was ages ago). valk was OP so the right to complain is yours:pac:

theyre teaching smash(which is surprisngly the hardest thing ever).

*ears perk up*

Which Smash?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I think it differs when you're playing online. Personally I did not and do not learn from playing someone of a much higher caliber/level. Especially in a game like thirdstrike. I feel you can get completely dominated by a good player. It just gets really frustrating. Playing some one at your own or moderate skill level allows you to learn from your mistakes and take risks and utilize opportunities.

Whilst offline, Your opponent can teach you and point out your mistakes. And certainly we are blessed now to have some high class players in our scene.
    While it worked out well for Dreddy, lets take this moment to remember the ones that are now but faded memories.

RY quit cause firstly Cobelcog went on a no mercy win streak, 99 wins ??? then he got a new stick and straight away started playing The Hound and Chris again - Online. This is SF4 but still Chris' cammy can **** off !

R.I.P bro

Placebo wrote: »
    RY quit cause firstly Cobelcog went on a no mercy win streak, 99 wins ??? then he got a new stick and straight away started playing The Hound and Chris again - Online. This is SF4 but still Chris' cammy can **** off !

R.I.P bro

Oh come off it Farz. Where's personal responsibility at?

Ry quitting has nothing to do with anyone but Ry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oh come off it Farz. Where's personal responsibility at?

Ry quitting has nothing to do with anyone but Ry.

I believe he start and stopped playing since then anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Uber you need to take a step back and show some respect.
    ProudVeteran11.jpg

I for one, salut RY and pray for his official return
    russian-veteran.jpg
    Maybe he'll be an unreal 3s player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Just got it today. God, parrying is hard. Anybody have any pointers on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Stop complaining about player level stopping you from learning. That's irrelevant so get that out of your head. You're looking to learn so if anything it's a GOOD thing if you learn from someone experienced. Getting battered by randomers online is going to teach you jack. You have to be willing. When I first got online with 3s I had a number of players who I played with non stop who I had ready to play with, so I learned with and from them. I used to just play randomers as a way to play casually but I always had players I'd have serious sets with. I just watched videos, training mode and read lots of forums (especially SRK). I can't promise I'll be to casuals any time soon but sit down with blinn or dreddy and they'll go through it with you.

Bottom line just train up, resources are there, I did it, why can't you

/argument

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ramza wrote: »
    Getting battered by randomers online is going to teach you jack.

While I agree with most of what you said, I don't quite agree with this. Playing online randoms won't help with execution because of lag.....but it helps alot with match up knowledge. If you don't have a guy in your circle of friends that mains say, Hugo, how are you going to learn his stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Kirby wrote: »
    Getting battered by randomers online is going to teach you jack.

While I agree with most of what you said, I don't quite agree with this. Playing online randoms won't help with execution because of lag.....but it helps alot with match up knowledge. If you don't have a guy in your circle of friends that mains say, Hugo, how are you going to learn his stuff?

If you knew anything about our scene you would know I have mained hugo for 2 years now. And I am always in IRC annoying people by asking "anyone for 3S??? "

*ears perk up*

Which Smash?
    Melee of course. brawl is terrible.

also ramza i would love to fight players but i dont think many of belfast uns wouldnt want to play with me. ill probably just endlessly parry supers in training mode and feck about with urien

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

If you knew anything about our scene you would know I have mained hugo for 2 years now. And I am always in IRC annoying people by asking "anyone for 3S??? "

Chill. He wasn't taking a crack at Hugo in specific, but rather underused or lower (but still decent) tier characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Voa wrote: »
    Chill. He wasn't taking a crack at Hugo in specific, but rather underused or lower (but still decent) tier characters.

My bad. Tad bit drunk at the moment. . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Kirby wrote: »

I guess there is a tad of truth that of course you will learn from playing randomers online but I was trying to pinpoint OP's problem that he feels getting beaten online isn't helping his situation much

And people will play if you ask them SADX, you just have to put in the time like just play, I can't really simplify any more, hit me up if you want some training but over XBL it's tough, I'm not on IRC much this weather

Melee of course. brawl is terrible.

Any Melee event on up in the North, let me know.

I'd come up for that.

Stop complaining about player level stopping you from learning. That's irrelevant so get that out of your head. You're looking to learn so if anything it's a GOOD thing if you learn from someone experienced. Getting battered by randomers online is going to teach you jack. You have to be willing. When I first got online with 3s I had a number of players who I played with non stop who I had ready to play with, so I learned with and from them. I used to just play randomers as a way to play casually but I always had players I'd have serious sets with. I just watched videos, training mode and read lots of forums (especially SRK). I can't promise I'll be to casuals any time soon but sit down with blinn or dreddy and they'll go through it with you.

Bottom line just train up, resources are there, I did it, why can't you

/argument
    Hell look at how Simon performs at Tekken and did he even have anybody to practise with?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

uhhh ogre, jinpachi, azazel???? duh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki