Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help pricing concrete patio

• 24-07-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I am putting down a patio and would like a ball park for concreting it. I am planning DIY hire a mixer etc. I have a few mates to help out.

I need to put foundation for 56m2 area.
    I have slabs to cover 20m2.
    Concrete will cover remaining 36m2.

Can anyone give a ballpark on cement and sand requirements for the job.

Will 5 cm of gravel and sand do for foundation? It will only be foot traffic and an inflatable spa (1000l) - can I compact it manually or do I need a whacker?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

SEE here
    http://landscaping.about.com/b/2004/06/01/how-to-build-a-concrete-patio.htm,
    concrete takes 3 weeks to cure,so be patient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Anyone give a ballpark on the kind of money it will take to cover this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

for the amount needed to do the 36mt2, it would make more sense to get readymix.
    even at 4" deep you would need 3.6mt3 for the above, which is a lot of concrete mix and cement, not to mention the mixing.
    a rough guide would be 60/70 euros per mt3 depending on strength and location.

56mt2 area X 50mm depth = 2.8mt3
    36mt2 area X 100mm depth = 3.6mt3

Advertisement