Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with getting a new wireless Router with a PCMCIA card slot

Options
  • 24-07-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

I'm currently using a Netgear router with a PC Card slot behind it, which was provided to me by my Wireless [Mobile] provider Digiweb.

The Router in question is pretty poor when it comes to certain online games, whereby it sort of 'overwhelms' the router and thus causing a total lose of connection... needing a reboot of the router there after.

Could anyone recommend a good wireless router with a PCMCIA card slot to help alleviate my problem ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What do you need one with a pcmcia card slot for anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

dub45 wrote: »
    What do you need one with a pcmcia card slot for anyway?

For slotting the mobile broadband pcmcia card into, one that's like in the pic below:

voda3ghsdpa1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Well first I would look to see if you could replace that pcmcia card with something a little bit more modern as it will severely limit your choice of hardware. If you must use the PCMCIA card then I know that the Linksys WRT54G3G has a PCMCIA slot (I'd imagine you would have to get it off ebay as I doubt its manufactured any more). I've never used one but I know they are supported by custom firmware so I'd imagine that it would be compatiable.

Advertisement