Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week old kitten with big lump

Options
  • 24-07-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi.I am wondering if someone could maybe help me.WE had kittens 9 days ago 4 of them.All went well.have left them alone as the kids would drive them mad.I went up well ago to check them and one of them has this huge lump like the size of golf ball down by his back leg and its looks like to me either he cant move that leg or else he barely can.I am really worried as to me it looks really painfully.Has any one got any idea.Rang my vet earlier but only got his answeing machine so it looks like monday the soonest before i can get kitten seen to.It actually looks like its going to burst maybe.Its has double in size since 2 days ago.Please any advise I would be ever so grateful as i am really worried about my kitten..thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

Is there an emergency vet you could take the kitten to? I know they cost more but it would be worth it both to stop the kitten suffering more than necessary and to ease your mind about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

noboc wrote: »
    Hi.I am wondering if someone could maybe help me.WE had kittens 9 days ago 4 of them.All went well.have left them alone as the kids would drive them mad.I went up well ago to check them and one of them has this huge lump like the size of golf ball down by his back leg and its looks like to me either he cant move that leg or else he barely can.I am really worried as to me it looks really painfully.Has any one got any idea.Rang my vet earlier but only got his answeing machine so it looks like monday the soonest before i can get kitten seen to.It actually looks like its going to burst maybe.Its has double in size since 2 days ago.Please any advise I would be ever so grateful as i am really worried about my kitten..thanks
    were abouts are you living?
    there are emergency vets that are open out of ours, life savers! saved my kitten after she got knocked down!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noboc

I am living in the cork out the country.We have rang a few vets there but all answering machines.The kitten doesnt look like he is in pain but then again i dont want to risk it in case he his.my head wrecked trying to find out wat is wrong,i have searched the net high and low like,but still haventa clue..if any one knows of any vet in cork county i would be grateful i am not worried bout the money i dont care how much it cost once i kknw the kitten wil be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Usually the answer machine will have an emergency contact number in the message, did you listen to the whole message?
    No idea what it could be but the size and speed of growth does sound good. Keep trying to find a vet, as waiting until monday could be the death of the kitten.

Try googling for some of the rescue groups in the area, they may know an emergency vet that could help. Most are open sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Abscess? Hernia? Prolapse? The vet is the only one who can deal with this. You have no other choice but to get him to a vet - any home treatment you do for one thing could be the wrong thing to do if it's something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Check the phone book for vets, some will say if they have emergency numbers.

If you're anywhere near Millstreet I think the vet hospital has an emergency number, but don't know any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

How did it all work out, how is the kitten?

Advertisement