Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Implanon

• 24-07-2010 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

I got the implanon in my arm about three weeks ago now, so far it's been great, my period ended when it was due and no spotting yet (it's early days but i heard how you can get your period for up to 6 months so i'm happy i'm alright!)

not looking for medical advice, but just wondering has anyone else who has been on it has any advice.
    I've become very emotional since on it, and very irritable. I've been suffering from anxiety for about 3 months, and i feel this has helped that a bit but i still get very upset over very small things, it's almost like i have constant PMS!

was just wondering has anyone else felt like this on it? Is it just my body adjusting?
    Just hoping i don't feel like this for the next three years!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

On my third implanon and have to say my life has totally changed since being on it. Don't have the hormonal imbalance of a regular cycle and in fact haven't had a period since i've been on it - when I do get a period, I know it's time to get it replaced.

I would say to just keep an eye on how you're feeling, as with any hormone treatments, adjustments may need to be made - the injection for example didn't suit me. I went on the pill at 14, 5 years before I lost my virginity, purely as a means to regulate the pain and drama that came with a monthy *bi-monthly, 6 week cycle* - odd ovaries - anywhoo.. just talk to your doctor if you're feeling anyway unsure about it. They are the only ones that can really give you advice.

Advertisement