Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can't believe the PS version is getting these 2 awesome exclusive characters. Sickened. Definately getting this version now. Xbox suxxorz.

Well done capcom idiots. I mean no offense, but this is the kind of thing I associate with MVC and TVC games, not fcuking Street Fighter or Tekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Can't see any videos 'cause I'm at work but the idea of another bloody stupid guest character has just killed my hype to watch it all when I get home. :(

Guest characters are occasionally okay if they fit the universe and arent console specific/dlc but neither of those boxes ever get ticked.

Can't see any videos 'cause I'm at work but the idea of another bloody stupid guest character has just killed my hype to watch it all when I get home. :(

Guest characters are occasionally okay if they fit the universe and arent console specific/dlc but neither of those boxes ever get ticked.

A black cartoon cat and a white cartoon cat. Sonys japanese mascots. Abpout a third of the size of Ryu. Can do ultra fireballs that hit Ryu on the knees.

I "get" why Cole from Infamous might look good in this game but I honestly hope that the Xbox version stays "pure". No characters outside of the Street Fighter and Tekken universes please. Cue Master Chief exclusive character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Aren't the cats only going to be in the PS Vita version though?

It really doesn't matter what's added to the handheld version as it will not be the tournament standard.

Cole is obviously going to be platform specific, so simply won't be available on 360 and possibly banned on PS3 tournaments in the interest of fairness.

Aren't the cats only going to be in the PS Vita version though?

It really doesn't matter what's added to the handheld version as it will not be the tournament standard.

Cole is obviously going to be platform specific, so simply won't be available on 360 and possibly banned on PS3 tournaments in the interest of fairness.

It says on Capcoms Street Fighter facebook page and the capcom europe site taht the cats will appear on the PS3 and Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

While they're all going to be tournament banned and therefore irrelevant that way, it'd be nice if Capcom spent the time devving more characters from the universes we'd want to see. Each one of those characters is one of your obscure fan faves that won't make it in.

While they're all going to be tournament banned and therefore irrelevant that way, it'd be nice if Capcom spent the time devving more characters from the universes we'd want to see. Each one of those characters is one of your obscure fan faves that won't make it in.

Exactly, thats a slot that could have been taken by DeeJay or another character that fits the games style perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

states of those cats, dont want them anyway, thank you very much.
    Really dislike disproportional characters.

except this guy
    953921_05272009_embed009.jpg

Every game needs Gold Lightan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lightan the fvck up.

UIgDM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Well I think the little cats are cute.

Placebo wrote: »
    states of those cats, dont want them anyway, thank you very much.
    Really dislike disproportional characters.

except this guy
    953921_05272009_embed009.jpg

Quoted for Lightan.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Videos of a Final Fight themed stage, showing Haggar, an Andore, Belger, Edi E. and Sodom in the background. Characters have been in the background of stages and still made it in the game before: Tron in MvC3, Balrog in SF4 but its not looking good for Sodom :(

Haggar chasing sodom is pretty awesome.

http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner some SFxT footage on at the moment.

Pandora looks ****, for anyone worried that it's another X-Factor. Although the stream chat is going mad that you cant randomly activate Pandora and make a comeback, people dont know what the **** they want.

Current build has removed the ability to cancel into specials from chains, in a chain based fighter. What. The. ****. Capcom are officially retarded. People were worried that the game would just boil down to ABC launcher, at least if you could cancel into specials and had meter for tag cancels the game had quite a creative combo system, I have no clue why Capcom would want to limit combo options. Idiots.

On the plus side Seth Killian did say the change is not final.

EDIT: They're almost done but footage should be archived

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

judging by that stream SFxT will get old very quickly.

I was really looking forward to this but Capcom have been making one stupid design decision after another.

Clearly in the downtime after 3S they just forgot how to make fighting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Now your favourite Tekken characters can die one thousand deaths too, it seems;
    One last tidbit; a round win by way of Pandora is marked in the round win icons with the 天 symbol. Well gee, I wonder who the final boss is going to be…

http://thesaltminedotcom.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/sfxt-hands-on-wrap-up-part-i/

Quite relieved that Pandora is pretty much useless, but other than that I am not particularly hype about this game at all.
    Clearly in the downtime after 3S they just forgot how to make fighting games.

It didn't help that Yoshiki Okamoto and Noritaka Funamizu (the pair who were basically in charge of fighting games at Capcom in the 90's, the former also being the original creator of Street Fighter) both left Capcom a couple of years after CvS2.

Was watching the stream last night, I clearly saw a Ken player chain cr.lk - cr.mk - st.hk into an EX tatsu, so I'm not sure whats going on there, but Seth did say that at least some characters will be able to chain into specials. 2 issues I have with that: A) It's a change that shouldn't even be considered, it's stupid as hell and B) Limiting other character's options is a piss poor way of creating character diversity

I'm baffled at people's reactions to Pandora, before it was even revealed what it would do everyone was crying that it was a comeback mechanic and now that it's not looking that good people are crying about that too. You should never be able to randomly activate something at mid screen when you're low on health and instantly put your opponent in a bad situation without at least setting it up off a knockdown or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Pandora is shít.
    Battle Royal is shít.
    Not cancelling into specials is shít.

This game was looking to be really good but it's rapidly, rapidly dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

I saw Ryu doing fake hadoukens, like Viper siesmo-fients. What's that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Darachnid wrote: »
    I saw Ryu doing fake hadoukens, like Viper siesmo-fients. What's that all about?

It's Alpha 2 Ryu.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It's Alpha 2 Ryu.

Best Ryu stage theme.

Yeah game was looking solid when it was just the various tag cancels and tag supers but Capcom just can't release something without all these stupid tacked on mechanics.

We can only pray for enough bad feedback from loctests to incite a few steps back but I really don't see it happening. Hell, they probably wouldn't listen anyway.

I'd rather they make all these stupid rediculous mistakes here so it won't happen in SF5 :rolleyes:

This game is becoming a rediculous parody of what it started out being.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'd rather they make all these stupid rediculous mistakes here so it won't happen in SF5 :rolleyes:

What makes you think they will learn though?

SF4 and MVC3 had plenty of questionable/laughably stupid mechanics and here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

All I can say is

LET'S GET BEAUTIFUL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

New character teasers

Apparently, the third one is Balrog, the second one I don't have a clue who it is.

As for the first one, I'm just going to leave this message for Capcom;

VSSKd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Calling it now - Juri, Gen, R. Mika. You heard it here first.

Impressions from Brazil Game Show - http://www.shadowloo.com/game-info/sfxt-impressions-brazil-game-show-portal

• Advertisement

I've been hearing Juri, Vega and Balrog. The R.Mika pic does throw me off though. I'd much rather have her than Balrog.

Advertisement