Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Some info from NYCC

http://www.shadowloo.com/uncategorized/ae2012-sfxt-gem-system-updates-nycc

Gem system sounds awful, auto blocking and auto throw tech gems, people booing at the presentation. Capcom really have forgotten how to make fighting games

Trailer from NYCC:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

GorySnake wrote: »
    Some info from NYCC

http://www.shadowloo.com/uncategorized/ae2012-sfxt-gem-system-updates-nycc

Gem system sounds awful, auto blocking and auto throw tech gems, people booing at the presentation. Capcom really have forgotten how to make fighting games

Gotta Farz it up for this one.

129114105566129591.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

kyonfacepalm-150x107.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

GorySnake wrote: »

SSF43DS has auto-blocking.

It's really really horrible.

Way worse in my opinion than single input ultras.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I don't even know what to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Auto-blocking AND auto-throw tech?

So...

2095.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

And there go my last, lingering traces of hype for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

As long as theres a gem mode and no gem mode. Then thats ok, like Soul cal special wep mode and standard mode etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Yreval wrote: »
    And there go my last, lingering traces of hype for this game.
    second that
    also the absurdity of them suggesting to use it in tournament play

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

seems like the auto guard gem, isn't just auto block

Auto guard guards any attack, so long as you are able (i.e. not in recovery frames) but costs 1 bar of meter per blocked attack. If you have no meter while the auto-guard gem is active, it won't do anything. seems like its gonna cost meter for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

14_sfxt08.jpg

Today at New York Comic-Con, Street Fighter X Tekken producer Yoshinori Ono revealed a ton of new info, including the revolutionary Gem System, an all-new customizable power-up system that creates an exciting way for everyone to experience the Street Fighter and Tekken fighting systems.

Choose from dozens of Gems that modify characters’ abilities and stats. Check out the new trailer that sheds light on this new way to experience fighting games.

Prior to the game hitting shelves on March 6 in North America and March 9 in Europe, fans will be able to grab special packs of Gems for pre-ordering at various retailers.

Ono-san also announced the Special Edition of Street Fighter X Tekken for North America, which includes:

- Street Fighter X Tekken game
    - Build-It-Yourself Arcade Cabinet Bank (approximately 5”H)
    - Exclusive Prequel Comic Book by UDON
    - 36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack
    - Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering Special Edition
    - Total of 45 Gems When You Pre-Order
    - 36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack
    - Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering Special Edition
    - Total of 45 Gems When You Pre-Order
    Ahahaha DLC Gems. Capcom, you so crazy.

Seriously. What the hell has happened to this game?

(I'm in Galway by the way, hense no RS links :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Also lost all hype for this game now.

Unless they'll make a standard mode and Gem mode or whatever

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Indeed.

There better be some confirmation of some common sense in this game soon, I'm not playing a game where I have to pay for the infinity gems in order to not lose as dlc.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

And thus, I no longer give a shit. Bye SFxT hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Well I knew Gem system was going to be **** anyway, they're throwing way too much stuff at this game at once. Now I'm just annoyed that the SFxT side of the NYCC reveals was crap compared to UMvC. UMvC gets 2 full character reveals, gameplay videos of those characters and a full breakdown of the characters with Seth Killian. SFxT get 3 of those ****ty teasers, a character reveal we already knew was in, no gameplay videos of any new characters, and a presentation on a system no one gives a **** about.

People are saying they might yet reveal the last UMvC characters + the teased SFxT characters today or tomorrow but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

tumblr_l9um5puWIA1qcbwiso1_500.jpg

Oh capcom, i am disappoint :( They have to make it a seperate mode if there are 'exclusives'...don't they?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hmm auto block and auto tech....wow so now I can pay to not be sh*t at these......awesome!

Hopefully there is a troll gem too!

Azza wrote: »
    Hmm auto block and auto tech....wow so now I can pay to not be sh*t at these......awesome!

Hopefully there is a troll gem too!

2392237019_01cecd96f8.jpg

Someone make an image meme, quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CAPCOM WHAT THE **** HAVE YOU DONE?

IS NOTHING SACRED?

YOU'VE MADE ME RESORT TO ALL CAPS.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

EDIT: You could say they've crossed the line this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

2392237019_01cecd96f8.jpg

Someone make an image meme, quick
    ns4Mtl.jpg

I really should sleep during the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Put a morph animation on that and the troll pic and save as a .gif

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

It seems like the scrubby gems (auto block and auto tech) have fairly heavy requirements for use so since they take away a block of bar so I'm not sure if they'll be too game breaking. Killian also said there's the option to set no gems so that's going to be the most likely scenario for tournaments though online play is another story. At the very least, I'm intrigued to see how it works out and I have to give it to them for trying something crazy and out there. I mean, I'd rather have originality in the games rather than just rehashing systems from old games, even if not all of their new ideas are amazing successes (Pandora looks worthless imo).

The gems themselves don't seem all that unbalanced, it's the "pay money to improve your character" bull**** they're peddling.

Didn't buy the limited edition? No gems for you.

Didn't buy the DLC? No gems for you.

They're hyping this as a main feature too, not some random mode only casuals will play.

The gems themselves don't seem all that unbalanced, it's the "pay money to improve your character" bull**** they're peddling.

They're hyping this as a main feature too, not some random mode only casuals will play.

Agree with all of the above, but also I don't really like the idea of having to do certain things in a fight to activate. If they're a feature we'll have to use (which it probably wont be at this point) that makes it potentially very random, with accidental activations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

You make a good point, I hadn't thought of it from the have vs have not perspective. From that standpoint, it will create a disparity in the community between people who use them as a crutch, those that use them to min/max and those that can't be bothered to spend money on them. It is just a blatant cash grab from them, similar to the map packs in COD and such. I can't say I blame them for following the business model most other AAA developers are using these days but you're correct, it will hurt the community.

I can see that they're hyping it as a main feature but I don't think it's logistically feasible from a tournament point of view. I mean having the gems available in a tournament means that there would need to be multiple copies on hand with all the dlcs and pre-order bonuses in addition to the time it takes to set up your gems before the match begins. Button checks can be time intensive enough, I can only imagine how long a tournie would take if people needed to assign 6 of 45 gems before every match. I just really can't see it being anything more than a fun side mode to the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Here's a run down of some of the notable stuff covered.

• There will be no option to disable gems in SFxT. Ono said they're too important to the gameplay.

• Gems are designed to be complex — for advanced players. They really want you to think about which gems will fit your play style and approach

No.No.No.No.No

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."

- Woodrow T. Wilson

I do forsee however people growing to not care and like this.
    i dislike the concept though. different yes but i dislike change from the whole FG mechanic. IF there was a parry gem however i bet people will be riding this like no tommorow

This weeks devlog goes into some details about Gems to attempt to quell some of the fears about them, yet completely failed to mention the actual problem: Still no news on if there will be download exclusive gems or not.

Yeah I couldn't help but notice every question was being asked except the one that matters.

Also, check the eventhubs comments for a good laugh at the masses of idiots completely missing the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

You can only get the gamespot gem if you buy it in gamespot. There's the preorder gem. The gem to reward you for buying other capcom games. The style gem for buying the outfits.

Its getting to the stage that when you are losing you can input your credit card to restore health :rolleyes: or if you are losing can you call in an airstrike?

but seriously are all future capcom fighting games morphing into pokemon?

• Advertisement

eco2live wrote: »
    You can only get the gamespot gem if you buy it in gamespot. There's the preorder gem. The gem to reward you for buying other capcom games. The style gem for buying the outfits.

Its getting to the stage that when you are losing you can input your credit card to restore health :rolleyes: or if you are losing can you call in an airstrike?

but seriously are all future capcom fighting games morphing into pokemon?

Heroes and Heralds is doing it right, it's a fun sounding second mode.

Conjecture based on what we've seen here, Capcom want to release Gems as DLC for casual gamers as something to make it easier for them to get into fighting games and as an additional revenue stream.

However they don't want to bifurcate the people playing so thus the enforced online gems.

I forsee TOs agreeing en masse not to allow them though. Just way too messy. Imagine the time wasted as people select from 45+ gems...

Advertisement