Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Oh my they are the most trollage costumes ever. Mikuma ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Badly made Gem system?

No character reveals for 3 months?

Ugly costume swaps?

Kuma_Mika_Deal_With_It.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

"Let's get beautiful" has been removed

Hype is lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Fergus_ wrote: »
    "Let's get beautiful" has been removed

Hype is lost

?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ooooh Capcom pulled a Maximillian and the fan favourite thousand pounds action company (the dudes who did the real life ultra videos) have made a film with them for the release of SFxT.

Best move Capcom have made PR wise on this game in a long time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Must've been Capcom USA commissioned it.
    I can't imagine Capcom Japan knowing how to handle proper content.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

Don't lose hype hope.

Don't forget Capcom are not the only ones making a version of this game.

Namco Version is looking good :)

New art posted by Harada for TxSF:

z6rPk

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

http://www.twitch.tv/theboxarena Really good SFXT stream on atm. Its part of Bar fights in L.A.

This is the AE/UMVC3 stream. Mostly money matches http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

• Advertisement

Full gems list (NOT including DLC/pre order gems):

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/brelston/street_fighter_x_tekken_tgs_2011/large/fc8b253591b8400c63e1d683f0fb980e.png?v=57150

This **** could not look worse at the moment.

EDIT: Found the article, it just got worse:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/12/14/street_fighter_x_tekken:_standard_and_pre-order_gems_listed,_explained

<@ultradavd&gt; immense power gem lv3: 30% more damage; comes as both default and in dlc, but in default the activation condition is "activate pandora" and in dlc the condition is "connect with two launchers"

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

GorySnake wrote: »
    <@ultradavd&gt; immense power gem lv3: 30% more damage; comes as both default and in dlc, but in default the activation condition is "activate pandora" and in dlc the condition is "connect with two launchers"

This game isn't gonna be fun is it...all we can hope for is it doesn't lead to a 10 year gap in capcom games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

aeonfusion wrote: »
    This game isn't gonna be fun is it...all we can hope for is it doesn't lead to a 10 year gap in capcom games :(

Actually, I've heard nothing but good things about how fun it is to play. I think Mike Ross has pretty openly said how much he loves playing it multiple times. It will likely be a lot of fun. Probably not competitively viable, but fun. It'll be like candy floss: really tasty in small doses but if you try to make it your entire diet, you'll get scurvy.

Pssh, Arc-Sys, SNK & Namco got our back.
    Capcom can go crawl back into the hole they're digging themselves.
    wtfbenson wrote: »
    Actually, I've heard nothing but good things about how fun it is to play. I think Mike Ross has pretty openly said how much he loves playing it multiple times. It will likely be a lot of fun. Probably not competitively viable, but fun. It'll be like candy floss: really tasty in small doses but if you try to make it your entire diet, you'll get scurvy.
    Mike said all those things BEFORE the Gem system was implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Capcom can go crawl back into the hole they're digging themselves.

Okay, fair enough. It was reportedly a lot of fun before the gems, now it's uncertain since I haven't heard of anyone playing it with gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

And multiple times since.

A lot of people have been saying the more recent builds were a lot worse than the ones played around Evo time. I cant remember all the reasons but 2 of the reasons being:

A) Chained normals cancelling into specials is now a character specific thing, killing a lot of character's potential.

B) Cross Assault, the 2 characters at once mechanic, is no longer player controlled, your partner is now CPU controlled. This kills any depth or use the mechanic could have provided to the game and just got added to the mountain of "WTF is the point in that".

I dont think there's been a new playable build of the game in like 3 or 4 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I updated http://randomselect.ie/ with some of the SF X T news.

leave a comment!

Well, at least we now know you can fight without gems and have a no gems lobby. There might be some hope yet, tournament wise, as I can't see people sitting watching a stream as players slide through gems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Well, at least we now know you can fight without gems and have a no gems lobby.

Where did you hear the no Gems lobby thing from? I just watched that cheesy promo video and they said there was no way to have gem free lobbies, that you could just not equip them but you can't search for gem-free matches.

Yea i know :) It's not that i think that if thise flops it's going to destroy fighting games forever :P It's just there's so much potential for SFxT to be a great game and i want it to do well.
    wtfbenson wrote: »
    I've heard nothing but good things about how fun it is to play.

'Not fun' was a poor choice of words there tbh, sorry. When i saw the initial list of gems yesterday it looked quite promising, 15 or 20 second timer, activation conditions get harder the better the gem is, disadvantages to using stronger gems and i started to think there was a lot of potential for strategy and the ability to counter pick without changing characters "These are my gems for grapplers, turtlers, rushdown" and so on.

Even the various assist gems like auto block and easy special moves looked fine, they have drawbacks and they're clearly aimed at casual players, cool stuff, no problems there.

Then i saw the amount of pre-order gems and the fact that there are very clear advantages to spending more on the special edition and the hope i had built up for gems actually being good over the previous minute or so disappeared.

There ya are, a bit less condensed than 'not fun' but that's what i ment :P

• Advertisement

Where did you hear the no Gems lobby thing from? I just watched that cheesy promo video and they said there was no way to have gem free lobbies, that you could just not equip them but you can't search for gem-free matches.

There's a pretty complete list on SRK now of gem facts. You definitely CAN have a lobby with no gems, but you can't sort in it's equivalent of ranked mode for no gems.

"For online, you could set up a lobby where you ask players not to select gems. For general matches, however, there is no online filter to disable people from choosing gems, because play including gems was Ono-san’s concept around which the game was built."

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/14/all-street-fighter-x-tekken-gems-listed-gem-system-fully-explained/

Having played an early non-gem build, I can say that this game was really fun, and very easy to play. I would have bought it based on that play through, so I'm really looking forward to seeing he end product!

Having played an early non-gem build, I can say that this game was really fun, and very easy to play. I would have bought it based on that play through, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the end product!

Some tournament organizers are already talking about just disallowing gems at tournaments since they don't add anything of interest to the gameplay and look like a big time constraint.

Dreddy said it best, who the hell is this system aimed at. Besides Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

Anyone know if on the ground moves, bounce and juggles are a big part of this game?

I just hope its not another game that when you fail to block a low or high it turns into a 80% + (combo into otg, into tag, into special, into pandora) with no chance of blocking or breaking after a mistake.

OTG - No
    Ground Bounce - Yes
    Juggles - Yes

Damage output at the moment is higher than SF4, but not as high as 80%, unless you combo into a team super but I reckon they'll lower the damage on that, or maybe not since it is an entire super meter. Overall I think they have the right idea with the damage output considering it's a 2v2.

And you cant combo into Pandora.

I read a while back that doing a bnb lmh launcher combo will leave significanly more "red" health than a non standard one. I thought that was a good idea, will stimulate some creativeness.

Ah we Tekken players love our safe launches into 70% life plus 50/50 wake up game ...... I like the gem idea, kinda spices it up a bit

• Advertisement

Woo hoo! Introducing Asuka Kazama and Lili!

I really hope Law doesn't come in and ruin the tier list :(

Advertisement