Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I remember reading in 360 magazine that the producer of tekken has been trying to do that for years now but they could never settle on who would make it. There was some other hiccups but he just could never get the go ahead. Its probably over all that that we'll be getting a game from each instead of just one. Ahwell the more the merrier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

only heard about this yesterday, first footage is here.
    Looks mad, incorporating elements from both games with ryu's forward roll on wakeup, aircombos and eh.... tagging?

Namco are making a separate 3d one in the mold of tekken too so we might actually get a good 3D street fighter game!:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

threads merged.

Please take a quick look before you start a thread, there was already one on the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

apologies, had a look but didn't notice it - must be the hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This is pretty crazy but screw it the more fighting games the better.

Although they eh could be spaced out a little more eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'd reckon it wont be hitting hitting till Christmas 2011. Plenty of time for people to get bored of MvC3.
    (I'm not basing that on any sort of facts - just my guess on where it'd fit best into Capcom's current launch calender)

Really? I honestly thought we'd be looking at this early 2012 based on capcom's ways so far.

EG
    SFIV= Feb 2009
    SSFIV= May 2010
    MVC3= April 2011 (prob gonna get pushed back a tad because they always do that at least once)

I also think that because SSFIV by the seems of things will be getting an update later this year, they might do the same that year with MVC3 etc. Hope I'm wrong though because the moment I saw kazuya vs ryu, I stopped caring about MVC3. Still gonna pick it up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

SFxT will be using the SF4 engine, as far as I know, that cuts a huge amount of time. Also SSF4 update will just be costumes + patch. They had a patch released within like the first month of Super if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

GorySnake wrote: »
    Also SSF4 update will just be costumes + patch. They had a patch released within like the first month of Super if I recall correctly.

A content patch and a bug-fix patch are worlds apart though, I don't think we can draw any time-lines from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah it was instantly obvious it was the sf4 engine , they even copied and pasted animations onto that tekken character , mix of sagat and ryu's animations.

But they did all this back in the 2d games so meh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

CrinkElite wrote: »
    That's just streetfighter with the characters from tekken in it.

not interested! :mad:

Balls

whats the point of that :mad:

Sisko wrote: »
    yeah it was instantly obvious it was the sf4 engine , they even copied and pasted animations onto that tekken character , mix of sagat and ryu's animations.

But they did all this back in the 2d games so meh.

Probably just copy and pasted to make that quick demo. But it is confirmed that they're using that engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I haven't been following this too closely since I have no interest in Tekken, but was it actually confirmed Namco were also making a Tekken X Street Fighter (which I assume would put the SF chars in a 3D arena), or was that just the rumourmill?

I haven't been following this too closely since I have no interest in Tekken, but was it actually confirmed Namco were also making a Tekken X Street Fighter (which I assume would put the SF chars in a 3D arena), or was that just the rumourmill?

Its confirmed that both companies will be making their own version of the game. So Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Did I just not see them, or Ryu did chuck no Hadokens during that fight except for when using his Ultra? I suppose this would make sense though, as Tekken characters don't have fireballs, so this game would have to be a lot more up close and personal than your regular SF game in order to keep the balance.
    I'll be honest though, I really didn't see this one coming. I'm not sure if I like the idea or not, but some of the gameplay does look great. Loved the tag-style Ultras.

Time to finally find out who'd win in a scrap between Ken Masters and Paul Pheonix ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

deathrider wrote: »

Time to finally find out who'd win in a scrap between Ken Masters and Paul Pheonix ;)

not forgetting pauls hair vs. hair match with guile :)

Really? I honestly thought we'd be looking at this early 2012 based on capcom's ways so far.
    Also, yes this make a little more sense than my Christmas estimate... my hype for this game is getting the best of me. XD
    deathrider wrote: »
    Did I just not see them, or Ryu did chuck no Hadokens during that fight except for when using his Ultra? I suppose this would make sense though, as Tekken characters don't have fireballs, so this game would have to be a lot more up close and personal than your regular SF game in order to keep the balance.
    Ryu was tossing out a few hadoukens, but Kazuya has a dodge move that let him slide past them.
    Tekken or no Tekken, if Ryu cant Hadouken it's not a Street Fighter.

Jazzy wrote: »
    not forgetting pauls hair vs. hair match with guile :)

Oh yeah.

Lets see how good that elbow smash is when you can't get within 10 feet of guile.

He's a disgrace to his country, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

slow motion punch to the nuts... now thats funny :D

• Advertisement

Havent a clue how to put up vids....
    Just take the string of numbers and letters in the youtube link and put them in
    Article here

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

If it goes to arcade as well theres a possibility that it could reach here, since quirkys has wha?
    Tekken 4, 5 & 6 machines? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Last I checked they don't have 5DR anymore, and just vanilla 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

The whole 25 minute press conference is here

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-street-fighter/702158

Lol! @ Harada dressed as Heihachi and handing out copies of Tekken 6 :P

It's pretty blurry, but you can see the lifebars and timer and crap are in there now.
    Also, Kazuya never bends over like that when he's being hit bu Chun's half of the Ultra from the first gameplay vid, so this shows that Chun Li is a playable character and not just an assist.
    Finally, it only looks like there's one lifebar for each character. No tag ins maybe?
    10_sfxtekken.jpg

Sairus wrote: »
    Finally, it only looks like there's one lifebar for each character. No tag ins maybe?

Is there not a second life bar there?

Like, the player on the right looks nearly dead but above it a fuller lifebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I can kinda see that now too. It looks like the life bars on the right would interchange.

Oh wait, yeah. I totally looked at that wrong! I stand corrected. =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

God, the game is 2 years off and ono is trolling already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

You can see two character portraits on each side too.

Advertisement