Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I think it has the best fighting engine of any game currently doing the rounds, but some system designs, both UI and in-game mechanics are holding it back.

Those issues will probably be patched in time though.

Ehhh......Its the same engine as SF4.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Ehhh......Its the same engine as SF4.

It's not exactly the same, focus is removed, roll on wake up, removal of ultra, addition of chains etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Rob2D wrote: »
    There's a great game in there somewhere, you just have to dig through so much ****e to find it.

Exactly this, they had a good game, then took a s*** on it.

It's a decent laugh most of the time, but it should have been so much more.

Your confusing game engine with gameplay mechanics Doom.

Your confusing game engine with gameplay mechanics Doom.

Indeed, I suspect Chopper was too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

after playing this over the past couple of weeks im considering giving up on this game. just not that fun or rewarding to play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's fun. But it's not.....refined in any way. Like UMvC it just boils down to fishing for launchers for 90% of the round. I'm probably better at sfxt than I am at SF4 but I would much rather play SF4.

Dunno what that says in the end. Probably that SF4 is the better game despite being 4 years old :p

Updates don't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kirby wrote: »
    Like UMvC it just boils down to fishing for launchers for 90% of the round.

UMvC3 is nothing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

ugh, just played a 10000 point player guile/ryu player who had auto block/ auto tech on. i think its safe to say that those gems are broken as hell.:mad:

guile plus assist gem = impenetrable fortress

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm enjoying the online so far, aside from the occasional gem-based deflation. Do any of you brains have any idea why Rolento is so prevalent online? I faced five guys last night, and 3 favoured him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the online so far, aside from the occasional gem-based deflation. Do any of you brains have any idea why Rolento is so prevalent online? I faced five guys last night, and 3 favoured him.

Because he's godlike

st.jab innit brah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Argos have SFxT for 25 at the mo

And that's 25 too much. As the Germans would say, Z game is crap.

It feels like a cross between Marvel and SF4 and not as good as either.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/27/street-fighter-x-tekken-may-1st-balance-update-details-released/

First balance patch is on it's way, not much outside infinite fixes, the jump glitch and what looks like a small nerf for Juri.

Rufus dive kick got nerfed too.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Good game but apart from tekken 3 i never played much tekken. I bought ssfiv after i bought this, fantastic game even tho im crap but i miss the sf2 games for the music, levels and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so have the changed made this game any better? i havent played it since my last post, i really do like the game - generally speaking but getting disheartened by all you lot hatin on it. Haters gonna hate ? or No, its still awful !

The patch that removes infinites isn't out yet. Mid May apparantly. Also does some minor balance updates and fixes some bugs and the input glitch.

From my understanding the previous patch seems to have mostly fixed online play, but some people still say online play is terrible.

Even after the tourney patch most still say that selecting gems is too slow.

Some DLC and pre-order gems are better than default and free DLC gems. On principal alot of people have issue with a pay to win scheme.

Still when the patch comes even with better balance, the infinite removed and bug fixes, the core gameplay just annoys lots of people. Jab pressure is just stupid. Far too many timeouts still happen. Alot of people can't stand playing against people with assist gems. People hate that throws are so crap as well as anti airs being terrible. Wake up options are too good with roll. But the worst complaint I'm hearing is that the match ups all play the same.

Placebo wrote: »
    so have the changed made this game any better? i havent played it since my last post, i really do like the game - generally speaking but getting disheartened by all you lot hatin on it. Haters gonna hate ? or No, its still awful !

IMO the game has some problems but is no worse than some other modern fighting games I see with rabid fanbases. Its main problem for me is that the game is so close SSF4 that I just wish I was playing that instead. Thus, I've really started enjoying that again :)

Capcoms incredible inability to market the game or to manage communication with the community has to take some of the blame for this (and I am one of the people who thinks some of those arguments are not so good).

Some DLC and pre-order gems are better than default and free DLC gems. On principal alot of people have issue with a pay to win scheme.

I was watching one of Max's 75 daily videos and I'm not sure which but one of the patches seems to give a free batch of stronger gems, so perhaps that's one issue actually dealt with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thanks y'all, both fair and valid points. I guess it still looks so good, wish it was without its faults. Wonder if it will taper off and die like the others.
    Still want to buy the DLC to play Elena for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

While its no sf4. It's a fun game. The haters are all just poo at it.

It seems pretty much dead already.

It seems pretty much dead already.

I'd say Evo making it 2 v 2 isn't helping, it's like they're not taking it seriously at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'd say Evo making it 2 v 2 isn't helping, it's like they're not taking it seriously at all.

I actually like this, think it's gonna be mad hype. Love seeing seamless team work paying off in any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

2v2 play is probably the best thing it has going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

2v2 is definitely the most fun way to play.

Looking forward to seeing people shouting at their partner to tag them in while the person currently in is on the end of a 50% combo. Should be a bit of craic to watch.

Tag me Gootecks, GOOTECKS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I would much prefer it if SFxT was 1v1 at Evo. I'd rather watch someone take full advantage of their team rather than 2 people try to co-ordinate themselves. Either way, we're watching 2 characters vs 2 characters, just one is going to be a higher level of play than the other. It's not like we'll see any of the "drama" from teams anyway, they wont have the camera on the players during matches at Evo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It means that the tournament will last half as long though which is nice.

Advertisement