Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Some gameplay details:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/6/7/street-fighter-x-tekken-gameplay-details-and-impressions.html

Most of this we already know, but some interesting observations nonetheless.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cammy top tier = Cobelcog happy
    Dial a combo = Cobelcog sad!

I dunno, it sounds like alot of fun, although I prefer games of the traditional SF "style" in general. Hopefully there will still be links and advanced stuff in there for those who want to play it that way.

Asuka:

hA61I.png

Lili:

gSkGD.png

Suppposedly Steve and Dhalsim can be seen as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Lilis legs make me happy. :pac:

Get Karin in there for my rich b**** dream team and I might forget about the Cole debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yreval wrote: »
    Asuka:

hA61I.png

Lili:

gSkGD.png

Suppposedly Steve and Dhalsim can be seen as well.

Oh wow, my dream team revealed in one go

Maximilian has put together a gameplay mechanics preview based on his experience with the game at E3:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

According to Ono, it was decided almost immediately that Dan would not be on the roster for SFxT because "he's not alive in this timeline". I assume he means that in some reference to him being Mr. Karate's son or something.

Also, there's no word on a 360 exclusive character. "Seth and Christian said sorry, but nothing on that front right now."

They've removed double quarter roll inputs for supers. It's just quarter roll + 3 punches now. Guile's Sonic Hurricane is just a single charge + 3 punches.

On a semi related note, the SFxT Madcatz stick is not purely a TE, it's slightly bigger than an SE and has the sloped front panel.

Sairus wrote: »
    According to Ono, it was decided almost immediately that Dan would not be on the roster for SFxT because "he's not alive in this timeline".

lolcrossovertimeline

Also, Cole. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sairus wrote: »
    According to Ono, it was decided almost immediately that Dan would not be on the roster for SFxT because "he's not alive in this timeline". I assume he means that in some reference to him being Mr. Karate's son or something.

Ono has got to be trolling again. What's the point of putting Dan in the original trailer [Kazuya beats the crap out of him throws him through the door into the room where Ryu is meditating] if he's not going to be in the game? It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dan was in SFAlpha1 as Sagat's punching bag, and not playable until Alpha 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Dan was playable with a cheat code. I dunno what it was, though, I never played SFA1.

Still, that's the daftest reason for a character exclusion I've ever heard. He may as well say Mario's not playable because he's not alive in this timeline. Despite being a big Dan Hibiki adherent, though, I'd rather he not be in here. Two shotos in a crossover title (plus Sagat) is plenty.

Just noticed that the BGM for the temple stage is a remix of Wangs stage (which now that I think on it was also a rearrangment of Heihachis stage) in Tekken 2, sweeeeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Dan not polluting this game is fine by me! :D

Seems like Seth accidentally confirmed Jin.
    At 3:20 he mentions "Kazuya, Jin and Nina"

Aside from that there's not much new info so it's probably not worth watching the whole 7 minutes. He does touch on how the Tekken characters are all dangerous close in but don't have many ranged options.

Jin's been technically confirmed since the first trailer.

Kazuya: (on comlink) "Hey Jin..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Wait, I'm supposed to be calling this "Street Fighter Cross Tekken?" I've been saying "Ex."

The first one is laaame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Technically yes. I use Ex. Just sounds better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 baal

just watched the e3 video and it looks ****ing gorgeous, cant wait to give it a spin

its been about ten years since i played either game properly, i wonder if i still have the mad skills

• Advertisement

baal wrote: »
    just watched the e3 video and it looks ****ing gorgeous, cant wait to give it a spin

its been about ten years since i played either game properly, i wonder if i still have the mad skills
    Well, you can find out :)
    http://sdtekken.com/2011/06/07/tekken-tag-tournament-coming-in-hd

The second part of Maximilian's gameplay overview.

He says it represents the kind of change from vanilla SF4 that he was hoping for from SSF4, and I can't say I disagree with him on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That is such a bull**** statement.

He wanted Super Street Fighter IV to have completely different system mechanics than Street Fighter IV. What a load of balls.

I would assume he meant he expected the switchup to much more aggressive play.

That is such a bull**** statement.

He wanted Super Street Fighter IV to have completely different system mechanics than Street Fighter IV. What a load of balls.

To be fair I remember alot of people talking about faster walking speeds, focus attacks and the like to speed up the game at the time.

I'm quite confused (although not disappointed) why Guile and Sim are in this game and how they will work, they don't exactly lend themselves to dial a combo rushdown. Guile I could see working better than Sim though, I guess.

Guile has always been a combo machine.

Who's that Pokémon?

It's Steve!

• Advertisement

The shot of his scarred arm at the start made it extra obvious.

Advertisement