Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

The shot of his scarred arm at the start made it extra obvious.

Yeah, that was what tipped me off too.
    I mean who was going to figure it out from the boxing gloves and shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    I mean who was going to figure it out from the boxing gloves and shoes?

I did say EXTRA obvious, given that he was already suspected and is the only white boxer in either franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Poison. Hells yes.
    Clear gender distinctions? Who needs em.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

very excited about poison, glad she finally got some action, regardless ofher ambiguous sexuality, im gonna assume its a woman

• Advertisement

She officially a post-op transexual outside of Japan. Over there she's a guy dressed as a woman.
    But that description is retarded at this point, that chest is a bit unreasonable for a guy dressed as a girl.

It's a stupid nigly point, but I wish Capcom would just finally retcon Poison into a single gender, I don't care which.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

atleast well always have the hot cosplay
    76bfb63ec6b943f910d4ec8d70f2f458.jpg?v=134550

nicer ones here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14528141@N04/with/4018919021/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

2011-07-18.jpg

Ahahah. That's fantastic, Prinny XD

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I'm worried, still no Paul pheonix/law announcement. they where my characters man

• Advertisement

Nice that they chose T3 Yoshi out of all his incarnations, I've always thought it was the most iconic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

She officially a post-op transexual outside of Japan. Over there she's a guy dressed as a woman.
    But that description is retarded at this point, that chest is a bit unreasonable for a guy dressed as a girl.

It's a stupid nigly point, but I wish Capcom would just finally retcon Poison into a single gender, I don't care which.

In Japan she's actually a female while everywhere else she's a post-op transexual. Capcom USA changed it because they didn't want to give out a message they promoted violence towards women. Its almost like they were saying "Hitting woman is bad. Hitting trannies is good."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I love how the moral outrage of Cody Haggar and Guy, laying the beat down on all Mad Gear members, regardless of sex, ended up with Capcom morphing a character into a transvestite/transexual, that is how you throw a curveball to the moral majority.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    In Japan she's actually a female while everywhere else she's a post-op transexual. Capcom USA changed it because they didn't want to give out a message they promoted violence towards women. Its almost like they were saying "Hitting woman is bad. Hitting trannies is good."

Yar, that was the reason for the gender change, but that wasn't the result of the change.
    Street Fighter IV's producer Yoshinori Ono, when asked in an interview about the matter, stated "Let's set the record straight: in North America, Poison is officially a post-op transsexual. But in Japan, she simply tucks her business away to look female." He later emphasized it again when asked about what female characters could be included in the game Street Fighter IV, stating that it would be too confusing to include her due to the region-specific gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Yar, that was the reason for the gender change, but that wasn't the result of the change.
    Street Fighter IV's producer Yoshinori Ono, when asked in an interview about the matter, stated "Let's set the record straight: in North America, Poison is officially a post-op transsexual. But in Japan, she simply tucks her business away to look female." He later emphasized it again when asked about what female characters could be included in the game Street Fighter IV, stating that it would be too confusing to include her due to the region-specific gender.

Thanks. Now that times have changed I can't see why they can't let her be a female. They never changed Roxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Destructible environments confirmed! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is a new final fight getting released or something and I missed it?

Well that looks like the worst idea ever.

I'll go back to watching the hype ass trailer a hundred more times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What... the hell? Also I'd love to see Cody and Hugo in this.

From reading around the various news sites, this seems to be how the dramatic battle system works:

When a player’s health gets low (indicated by a flashing health bar), they can tag in their second character to fight alongside them for a while – either until their super meter runs out or they are KO’d. During this state, the two characters’ healths are averaged out and merge into one shared life bar between the characters instead of one for each.

There also seems to be some other factor to the gameplay, as in the video below different characters on each team seem to be lit up when they are attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

From reading around the various news sites, this seems to be how the dramatic battle system works:

When a player’s health gets low (indicated by a flashing health bar), they can tag in their second character to fight alongside them for a while – either until their super meter runs out or they are KO’d. During this state, the two characters’ healths are averaged out and merge into one shared life bar between the characters instead of one for each.

There also seems to be some other factor to the gameplay, as in the video below different characters on each team seem to be lit up when they are attacked.
    Ban this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Doyler01 wrote: »

Oh god that looks terrible. I knew they would add something retarded.

All i can say is I can finally say this aint SF4 vs Tekken 6. I was getting the feeling it was going to be like that

and wait are Cody and Guy working together again. I thought they had a falling out over ideals or something. . . . . . Yes I know someone who pays attention to storylines in fighting games

Oh I just noticed what the Mat says before Hagger gets body slammed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_%C3%97_Capcom

PLEASE GOD PLEASE BE RELEASING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Is a new final fight getting released or something and I missed it?

I am starting to feel this way too. That trailer was just full of final fight awesome. And all the writing on side when Hugo runs to the ring is full of hints (yes I slow the vids down and look for these things) But this could just be a fanboy dream

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh I just noticed what the Mat says before Hagger gets body slammed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_%C3%97_Capcom

PLEASE GOD PLEASE BE RELEASING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
    There's a fan translation out, if you're impatient.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    There's a fan translation out, if you're impatient.

*twitches*

TOO GOOGLE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. In Japan she's a pre' op transsexual and in the U.S. she's a post op' transsexual. It's hinted she got the full sex change in the U.S canon because she has a crush on Cody, and Capcom wanted to avoid controversy with American religious conservatives I'm guessing. I always go with the Japanese canon personally. She's never been regarded as non trans person in any region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_%28Final_Fight%29

Good choice anyway. Especially after the cartoony characters in MVC3 Ultimate. Now add Guy, Cody, Hugo, Anna Williams and Hagger.

Wait, they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esnX9WUdUBo

Advertisement