Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera Bag recommendations

• 24-07-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I want to buy myself a camera bag, just wondering what people think are the "best" ones?
    I was looking around, and a lot of the smaller ones, dont really have the kit to necessitate a big one:(, have this one strap business, which im not really into, even if it does provide accesibility etc.
    Ideally I'd like something for a laptop in it as well, but thats not really a big issue, I can sort that problem out when I get to it, its just a "nice to have" on the list more than anything else.
    I was looking at the likes of the Lowepro Fastpack, Tamrac, etc., but just wondering what the regulars here think, personal opinions, reviews etc.

Oh, and bargain alerts for bags would be nice too, if they're going!:D
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭davmigil

I like Lowepro bags, there is a crowd near Lucan that supplies them (do a search here) where you can have a look first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Bought the compu daypack there and looks pretty good but there is not a whole lot of space for the actual lenses etc. The accessory section is bigger than it looks in the pics and it looks like a great big if you need to bring laptop, some camera equipments and make good use of the regular bag space.

Also have a small conton bag which is nice and small, fits pretty much all i need but the problem is there is no zip so its useless in the rain. wouldnt trust it unless it was going from car to indoors or very safe enviornment. retails at 49.99 sterling so check out the bag properly before buying.

Also have a lowepro compact aw which fits all i need and then some. (body, b-grip, 3 lenses, flash and then loads of room for accessories.) Fairly comfy, althoug i find it a bit big but mayeb thats compared to the centon.

2 of them came with packages and the compu daypack i got on the cheap brand new, its something i will use a fair bit as i have no laptop bag.

What do you want to put in it? That will give the regulars a good idea as to what to advise. Im just a noob to all this jazz! If i was to recommend one from the 3 above it'd be the compact aw but sounds like you looking for a back pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I have a couple of Kata bags, and I like them a lot, also like ThinkTank bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I have the Lowepro Fastpack 350, among a few others. It holds my laptop, five lenses (including a 70-200 2.8, which is by no means small), a flash, monopod/tripod and still has enough room left over in the top and front pouches for accessories, chargers and the like.

I find it great, it's the bag I take away with me regularly. It's very comfortable, even with a heavy load, and the camera is still very accessible with the side opening.

The 350 is quite big though, not what I use as a walk-around bag. They do smaller versions of it which all have plenty of space, but I think it's just the 250 and 350 that have laptop storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

Cheers for all the help, I have been looking at some of them bags, they all look quite good.
    I only have a 350d, with the kits lens, and a Tamron 70-210 at the min, but I plan on getting a 50mm and maybe a flash at some stage, plus a few filters n bits and pieces like that, so im not going to be over burdened with gear by any means.
    I also have a dell 17" laptop, which ideally id like to be able to put in it, it will be handy for when i go back to college in September, instead of having to carry two bags on days when I need the camera etc.
    I'm edging towards a lowepro bag, still not sure which one, I don't want one with a sling type setup, it'd bug me a lot, and I also don't want one that screams "camera bag, I'm a camera bag" :p - I've never been a fan of them, i personally feel its an open invitation for someone to try and rob your camera/laptop bag etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I have a lowepro Rezo 120 bag for sale on adverts, http://products.lowepro.com/product/Rezo-120-AW,2004,20.htm

€20.

It's a neat starter bag, It'll only hold the dslr with kit lens attached plus a 50mm, filters, cloths and a remote. It won't hold the zoom lens at same time, but will hold the dslr body, with cap on, plus zoom lens and the other wee bits.

I've just traded some CF cards for the lowepro 100Aw, should be enough for what I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Slightly Bunkers

I have a lowpro slingshot 200! Great bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

From what you said, I think something like this might be your best bet.

It doesn't scream "camera bag" with garish logos and such, it has enough room for all of your camera kit, plus room for expansion, room for a laptop and some extra room for storage of incidentals.
    It also has the AW cover, which I'd very seriously recommend if you're going to be packing that much tech in there on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

Hi All,

Didn't get time to look into a bag any further until earlier, decided that I'm going to go with a fastpack 250, seems to suit my needs, will be buying a new laptop anyway - hopefully:D.

Next question is though, what websites do people use?, I was going to use eBay? but I also want to buy some CF cards, so would be kinda nice to get them all together in the one order, but I don't want to pay the, what i feel is ridiculous; £20 sterling that warehouse express are offering, considering I got 10kg of whey protein delivered for free from England not so long ago, it seems extortionate.

Anyway, any recommendations on sites would be great, thanks

Advertisement