Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vietnam forum?

• 24-07-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering why there is no Vietnam forum. Theres a WW1 + WW2 forum so why no forum for the Vietnam war. I have an interest in Vietnam and Im sure other posters here do too. Maybe there is/was a forum that Im missing or something but just a thought! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

and the gulf war 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Capt Blackadder

Currently ongoing wars maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Currently ongoing wars maybe.
    Good idea too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Make enough threads about it, and one may get made. Otherwise, there's none because there doesn't seem to be much interest. As opposed to "make it, and they will come", "talk about it, and it will be made" :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't see a need for a Vietnam forum, just look at how many threads we've had on that war.

I might be willing to look at a GWOT or 'Current Wars' forum, but even at that, I'm not sure the current thread count is such that a new subforum need be created.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Would the Cold War Forum cover Vietnam and a lot of other conflicts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

this is, after all, a site for Irish military and their activities past and present.

I dunno, I don't really see this forum as being specifically for Irish military, there's loads of threads relating to other country's militarys. I agree ,though, that we don't need a vietnam sub forum.

Advertisement