Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco router - weak wireless signal

• 24-07-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

There are two rooms in my house where WiFi/Internet are used most heavily but they are at opposite ends of the house and on different floors. The wireless signal from my UPC Cisco router is very weak in the far room. It is not possible to locate the router somewhere in the middle - it needs to be in one or the other room (both have a cable outlet in the wall).

Any tips on boosting signal strength (that are specific to the UPC Cisco box)?

If I were to get my hands on a second Cisco box, could I install it in the second room?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Seems to work best on channel 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Thanks, but I can't access the settings to change it. I've seen the other threads on default passwords etc. but none of the suggestions worked (i.e. the different default passwords, and re-setting the router).

Their isnt a password after a reset if i remember correctly, just a username of admin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Thanks, that didn't work either. Perhaps I didn't achieve a full reset. I'll call UPC help and ask them to help me get the password sorted.

Actually my fault, for first time login, leave both fields blank, then it should prompt you to create a password

• Advertisement
Advertisement