Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing dog

• 24-07-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Pictures added

Hi

Im looking to find if anyone has seen a dog that went missing from Templars hall area, usually walked in ballybeg so may have ran in that direction

Someone opened the back gate while we were out and the dog ran away sometime on friday afternoon

Its a jack russel cross. hard to describe but would have a jack russels head but a much bigger body as its crossed with a big terrier

light brown and white and is one year old. At the time it had no collar unfortunately

Ive informed WLR and the dog pound but there has been no response

It wouldnt be used to the roads so more than likely its been involved in accident if it left templars hall. Its very friendly with people so theres a chance it would run to the nearest group of people and not leave them alone

If you can help me or if you have any information please PM me or reply

Obviously ill give a generous reward

Thanks in advance

sandy3.jpg
    sandy2.jpg
    sandy1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

I'll keep an eye out , a photo would help if you can get one, may jog some memories

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lost Dog

rasper wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye out , a photo would help if you can get one, may jog some memories

I just took pictures two days ago testing out a new camera but i havent got them right now. ill upload some tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I assume ya have contact info on the collar OP, someone will come across him.

Best of luck.

ziedth wrote: »
    I assume ya have contact info on the collar OP, someone will come across him.

Best of luck.

There was no collar on her at the time. :mad:

Normally would but had eaten through it for the 3rd time.

Long head and thin neck which she kept getting the collars over.

Have a harness for walking but only had it on when walking

Pictured added. still havent found her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Friends of mine recently got their dog back after he got lost. They posted it up on the lost and found section of www.irishanimals.ie and were lucky someone on the site found him and was looking for his owner. Maybe try there. Best of luck, would be lost if the same thing happened to our fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Hope you get her soon, beautiful dog.

Will keep and eye out when walking my fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

All the best to you OP. Lost our dog a few years ago and all of the people here on boards were the best. The amount of calls and possible sightings we got of her from people on here was amazing. We put up posters all over town, at all the bus stations etc She was eventually found out near Louisiana Pacific, and we live in killure Manor!!
    we had to wait 3 weeks but thank God we got her back safe and sound, albeit a bit skinnier! She was the softest, un-street wise dog going and she came back okay so just keep looking for your guy and keep the pictures out there!

Michael B wrote: »
    Friends of mine recently got their dog back after he got lost. They posted it up on the lost and found section of www.irishanimals.ie and were lucky someone on the site found him and was looking for his owner. Maybe try there. Best of luck, would be lost if the same thing happened to our fella.

cheers for the info. Ive posted an ad but it hasnt appeared yet. might need to be moderated

To everyone else thanks also

Lads this is crazy the dog just walked in the front door :D:D:D

Someone opened the front door while i was in the shower and let the dog in

this is the biggest mystery ive ever come across.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lost Dog wrote: »
    Lads this is crazy the dog just walked in the front door :D:D:D

Someone opened the front door while i was in the shower and let the dog in

this is the biggest mystery ive ever come across.

You might want to lock your doors when your not in the house or in the house :D
    Somebody could easily rob you

Great to hear you got your dog back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great to heat OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I bet that's a relief.

I know its fairly rare that a dog would escape like this without its collar, but I wonder if there is a way of getting it microchipped or something so that if the pound find it they can scan the chip and give the owner a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Ah that's great news.

My young cat who's not well was missing for 4 days recently, she was found out in Tramore. Guess she fancied a seaside holiday. ;)

Cabaal wrote: »
    You might want to lock your doors when your not in the house or in the house :D
    Somebody could easily rob you

Great to hear you got your dog back :)

Theres been a few lessons learned here but im just shocked.

Shes looking a bit rough and depressed. Just strolled in the door and got up on the couch and went asleep as if shes been on the beer.

The other night i came back to the house and the grass was cut, front and back. By who i dont know, Still dont. Strimmed and the whole lot so someone was paid to do it

Back gate was left wide open despite me jamming it closed with a wedge and handle being broken so it couldnt open. It also weighs a serious amount and would not be easy to open

Today dog just strolls in the door. Wether he learned to open a door on his travels or someone let him in i dont know either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Lost Dog wrote: »
    Theres been a few lessons learned here but im just shocked.

Shes looking a bit rough and depressed. Just strolled in the door and got up on the couch and went asleep as if shes been on the beer.

The other night i came back to the house and the grass was cut, front and back. By who i dont know, Still dont. Strimmed and the whole lot so someone was paid to do it

Back gate was left wide open despite me jamming it closed with a wedge and handle being broken so it couldnt open. It also weighs a serious amount and would not be easy to open

Today dog just strolls in the door. Wether he learned to open a door on his travels or someone let him in i dont know either
    You have just entered the............................
    thetwilightzoneb.jpg
    :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

look into getting a collar with a number on it and get the dog micro chipped , its not that expensive and if you are attached to the dog like you seem then its a small price to pay if he goes missing again and someone finds him ...... good to hear a happy ending on this one !

Advertisement