Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

JohnDee wrote: »
    and there i was frettin about the end of the world on 12th December 2012...didn't realise it actually is today ;)

that smiley doesn't make your post any cleverer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

genericguy wrote: »
    that smiley doesn't make your post any cleverer.

You pointing out that doesn't make your post clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Just listening to rte 1, the reporter said it was his constitional right to be freed. Where does it state rapists get 25% off their sentence?
    Good behavior allows 25% off any sentence in the Irish prison system. Obviously he was well behaved behind bars.

Still this should be changed to accommodate cooperating with any rehabilitation courses of which this guy refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I'm just very disappointed with our justice system, that's nothing new, it confirms how bad it is again and again and again.

There is like a disconnect between the system and what the people who pay for it (the general public) want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Just seen him walking scot free there on the 1 o clock news and he looks the splitting image of Ricky Hatton

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

He will have to leave the country to go unknown and not sure he can do that???

He was able to get a passport and driving licence issued while in prison, so would say that surely means he can leave? I'd prefer to see him either locked up or monitored, as much as I want him off Irish streets why inflict him on some other poor country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 serena81

:mad:He appears to look younger now than when he went in! Plus he looks like he has spent some time in the Gym probably because he thinks that there will be times that he will have to try defend himself if members of the public get their hands on him!

This thing should never have been released! It is an absolute disgrace! This gives sickos the green light to go ahead and do whatever they want because all they will get is 10 lousy years! :mad:

People all over Ireland are frightened of him, we are scared! he could be anywhere! Its an absolute disgrace.
    What about the poor woman that he did this to?? How must she be feeling today and every other day?? What about the families of the missing women??

The Justice minister said he couldnt do anything to stop his release... Would he have done something if the woman he attacked and almost murdered was related to him.....???? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What was the name of that other guy who was released a few months ago and there was loads of talk about him reoffending as soon as he got out.. I remember people starting threads about where he was living and all the sensationalist crap that's present here. Funny how he hasn't been mentioned in the media lately huh? Just goes to show that all they want is a story.. and there's always people to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Min wrote: »
    There is like a disconnect between the system and what the people who pay for it (the general public) want.

Great point. Could be said about several different public services in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

What was the name of that other guy who was released a few months ago and there was loads of talk about him reoffending as soon as he got out.. I remember people starting threads about where he was living and all the sensationalist crap that's present here. Funny how he hasn't been mentioned in the media lately huh? Just goes to show that all they want is a story
    Obviously he is not going to go out and re offend straight away if he has any brain in his head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

tommy21 wrote: »
    He was able to get a passport and driving licence issued while in prison, so would say that surely means he can leave? I'd prefer to see him either locked up or monitored, as much as I want him off Irish streets why inflict him on some other poor country?
    I have to agree with you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

serena81 wrote: »
    :mad:He appears to look younger now than when he went in! Plus he looks like he has spent some time in the Gym probably because he thinks that there will be times that he will have to try defend himself if members of the public get their hands on him!

This thing should never have been released! It is an absolute disgrace! This gives sickos the green light to go ahead and do whatever they want because all they will get is 10 lousy years! :mad:

People all over Ireland are frightened of him, we are scared! he could be anywhere! Its an absolute disgrace.
    What about the poor woman that he did this to?? How must she be feeling today and every other day?? What about the families of the missing women??

Put away your hosepipe dear. No one can touch him.

Don't call him "a thing". He's done his time and he's still human. He didn't kill anyone. He was about t but didn't and nothing else has been proven.

I am not frightened of the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

I'm as unhappy as everyone else here that this guy is a free man today, I'm unhappy with the justice system in general whereby life means max 12-15 years,child rapists get four years,white collar crime gets handled with kid gloves and so on.

What I mean is I don't like the borderline hysteria that has been whipped up by the media in the last week or so over murphy. Much scaremongering and very little about justice reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lahm wrote: »

Don't call him "a thing". He's done his time and he's still human. He didn't kill anyone. He was about t but didn't and nothing else has been proven.

Larry got an IPhone I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

tommy21 wrote: »
    I wonder dose this man still have the Fiat Punto?

If so I hope the head gasket is gone. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭zinx

What would you call him..."Misunderstood?"

Good to see you are not scared of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

zinx wrote: »
    What would you call him..."Misunderstood?"

Good to see you are not scared of him.

Nah. Why would I call him that.

I'd call him, "Him", "Larry", "Murphy", "Man" etc.

I wouldn't call him a thing. He has a name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I wouldn't call him a thing. He has a name.

He doesn't deserve it though, he's sub-human.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

What was the name of that other guy who was released a few months ago and there was loads of talk about him reoffending as soon as he got out.. I remember people starting threads about where he was living and all the sensationalist crap that's present here. Funny how he hasn't been mentioned in the media lately huh? Just goes to show that all they want is a story.. and there's always people to buy it

Michael Murray. That story and all the facebook groups have died a death recently just like this will be forgotten in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

HE'S OUT!!!???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG OMG OMG

*runs around in circles panicking*

The streets of Dublin were so safe only 24hrs ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

it scares me the sensationalism and mob rule mentality that Ireland is developing.
    Don't get me wrong, we need to review our legal system and how people like this are dealt with but we are obsessed with Larry Murphy/public servant/pensioners/everyones head on a plate.
    We don't seem to want to live our own lives any more.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

TheDriver wrote: »
    it scares me the sensationalism and mob rule mentality that Ireland is developing.
    Don't get me wrong, we need to review our legal system and how people like this are dealt with but we are obsessed with Larry Murphy/public servant/pensioners/everyones head on a plate.
    We don't seem to want to live our own lives any more.........

If the justice system dealt with criminals properly then it wouldn't be developing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I was just thinking the same thing!

All he did was stalk, kidnap, repeatedly rape and attempt to murder a young woman. You think people would get over it ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Essien wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing!

All he did was stalk, kidnap, repeatedly rape and attempt to murder a young woman. You think people would get over it ffs.

Indeed,

and so horendous this was, that the poor woman begged him to shoot her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corruptgovt

Im not surprised at all at the amount of so called do-gooders defending this animal however it is heartening to see the amount of decent members of the public who can see the wood for the trees. Again we have not been instructed as a whole on his release likewise Michael Murray. It is most likely he will stay in Dublin for a while(for his safety) before leaving the country. I would advise anyone to come to the district/circuit court for an hour some day and listen to the rubbish that goes on between briefs and judges u'l be amazed folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Abraham wrote: »
    What about fitting him with a chip as part of an extensive monitoring arrangement ? Rig it so it only activates if he gone on erection.
    That way there's minimal cost to the tax payer and the Guards need only respond to activations. Very cost effective !

Are you a girl?

It would mean a call every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

mikom wrote: »
    Larry got an IPhone I see.

Really?

Maybe they can track him with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Would be funny.

A guy called Larry Murphy going to a pub called Larry Murphy's?
    How in gods name would that be funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

almighty1 wrote: »
    A guy called Larry Murphy going to a pub called Larry Murphy's?
    How in gods name would that be funny?

The last place they'd look for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Im not surprised at all at the amount of so called do-gooders defending this animal however it is heartening to see the amount of decent members of the public who can see the wood for the trees. Again we have not been instructed as a whole on his release likewise Michael Murray. It is most likely he will stay in Dublin for a while(for his safety) before leaving the country. I would advise anyone to come to the district/circuit court for an hour some day and listen to the rubbish that goes on between briefs and judges u'l be amazed folks.
    Dogooders my hole, you are confusing peoples hatred of braindead mucksavages with pitchforks looking for a lynching with people wishing to see proper justice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement