Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Thats just passing the problem to someone else, hope there is a bullet waiting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

So they only got 7 days .He Shouldn't be allowed a passport , he our problem we should deal with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

kopkidda wrote: »
    Thats just passing the problem to someone else, hope there is a bullet waiting for him.

Leave the guy alone. He's done his time and that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

dsmythy wrote: »
    The last place they'd look for him.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

The facts are this, Larry Murphy is a deeply deeply flawed individual, guilty commiting one of the most repulsive crimes possible, rape, and guilty of attempted murder. It was only at the final hour that he pleaded guilty, but not before the gardai had put together a water tight case against him based on evidence found at the scene, and the very fact he was caught red handed mid act by two fox hunters. He has never discussed the events of that night beyond the two statements he made initially to the gardai, and more importantly he has never shown remorse and flatly rejected any attempts to rehabilitate him. Along with this he remains to this day the chief suspect in the disappearance of women in the leinster area in the 90's, coincidentially, these disappearances stopped following his incarceration.

I flatly reject the assertion that the recent media coverage of murphys release is hysterical, people are afraid. To many people this guy is the monster that now walks amongst us. People are also stunned that despite his crimes he qualifies for early remission, he is allowed to obtain a passport and a driving license (ironic considering he used his car to abduct and rape that poor woman). The judicial system in this country parades itself as a bastion of equity who's sole reason for existance is the application of the law and upholding the constitution, but every single day it fails. I pray the judicial systems failure in Larry Murphys instance doesnt mean that another innocent woman somewhere will suffer.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Lahm wrote: »

You wouldnt be saying that if his last victim was your mother/daughter/sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

almighty1 wrote: »

He's trolling. Don't mind it.

kopkidda wrote: »

Not before he gives up the names and locations of his previous victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Dogooders my hole, you are confusing peoples hatred of braindead mucksavages with pitchforks looking for a lynching with people wishing to see proper justice.

Proper Justice , he should still be lock up , 10 1/2 years is a joke. The women he raped has a life sentence and that what he should have life .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

almighty1 wrote: »

No he'd probably stoop to his level and try to kill him because he would be irrationally minded at the time. I'd do the same more than likely myself but right now with my emotions under control I wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corruptgovt

Folks im not sure if u have had a chance to check Lahms previous posts, he has a disturbing fascination with sexual deviancy and i wouldnt entertain him with replys if i were you. His comments are very very suspicious to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

TheDriver wrote: »
    it scares me the sensationalism and mob rule mentality that Ireland is developing.
    Don't get me wrong, we need to review our legal system and how people like this are dealt with but we are obsessed with Larry Murphy/public servant/pensioners/everyones head on a plate.
    We don't seem to want to live our own lives any more.........

Mob rule? mob rule constitutes vigilantism , public hanging etc.. when was the last time you saw a public servant hanging from the rafters. The irish are great for vocalising but not so good for public shows of anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mach1982 wrote: »
    Proper Justice , he should still be lock up , 10 1/2 years is a joke. The women he raped has a life sentence and that what he should have life .
    exactly, he should still be locked up.

SV wrote: »
    He's trolling. Don't mind it.

Yea. That's always the answer to someone with a different opinion.

That's the one thing I hate on this thing.

Not agreeing with the majority so you must be a troll because people react to what you say.

Folks im not sure if u have had a chance to check Lahms previous posts, he has a disturbing fascination with sexual deviancy and i wouldnt entertain him with replys if i were you. His comments are very very suspicious to say the least.

Lol. You seriously don't think I'm Larry himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yea. That's always the answer to someone with a different opinion.

That's the one thing I hate on this thing.

Not agreeing with the majority so you must be a troll because people react to what you say.

No, it's from your post history.
    It's pretty obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corruptgovt

Of course i dont think that but your post's are disturbing, theres nothing remotely funny about sexual crimes.

SV wrote: »
    No, it's from your post history.
    It's pretty obvious.

. That'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

So just because he went to jail means he is absolved of all guilt as a result. Whats wrong with you? The man is clearly a sociopath and is still as capable of reoffending as he was when he went in. Prison did not change who he is and what he did.

P.s I really really hope you are a troll, my faith in the human race cant take much more.

Of course i dont think that but your post's are disturbing, theres nothing remotely funny about sexual crimes.

I'm not saying they're funny. I'm just saying it would be funny for him to go into the Larry Murphy pub. What would he manager do?

Just to see what would happen like.

• Advertisement

So just because he went to jail means he is absolved of all guilt as a result. Whats wrong with you? The man is clearly a sociopath and is still as capable of reoffending as he was when he went in. Prison did not change who he is and what he did.

He could. But there have been plenty before him and not a word about them now.

It's all hype. We won't be hearing about him in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I'm not saying they're funny. I'm just saying it would be funny for him to go into the Larry Murphy pub. What would he manager do? Just to see what would happen like.

Maybe he would kill him in the manner you worry so much about occuring in Dublin, by spitting down his throat until he dies. :rolleyes:.

We won't be hearing about him in November.

Coz he'll probably be dead.

prinz wrote: »
    Maybe he would kill him in the manner you worry so much about occuring in Dublin, by spitting down his throat until he dies. :rolleyes:.

Lol. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

The sad thing lahm is he hasn't

He's done 10 years of a 15 year sentence,

Getting out on good behaviour shouldn't count in this situation. If you think about it there was nothing for him in prison, No women for him to have his way with.

He's not rehabilitated, He will still have the urges and he will attack again.

Through and through he is a predator.

Sunday Worst pulled off tailing larry murphy by Gardaí - apparently they had 2 motorbikes. Murphy's taxi drivier must be having a strange day

allanb49 wrote: »
    The sad thing lahm is he hasn't

He's done 10 years of a 15 year sentence,

Getting out on good behaviour shouldn't count in this situation. If you think about it there was nothing for him in prison, No women for him to have his way with.

He's not rehabilitated, He will still have the urges and he will attack again.

Through and through he is a predator.

Everyone else gets good behaviour so why shouldn't he?

I know he got no treatment and that's the problem but you never know he might be a changed man within himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I know he got no treatment and that's the problem but you never know he might be a changed man within himself

Yeah right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Sure and found religion in the process and is now going to lead a pious life with no crime or trouble

Look at his past history,

The system is broke, this prick destroyed a young woman's life, and sure he's done ten years he's all better now.

Get a bit of cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Lol. You seriously don't think I'm Larry himself!

I dunno, your username looks a little suspiciously like his name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement