Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

He has a passport and is free to leave the country.

I am lost for words.(apart from these words)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

allanb49 wrote: »
    The system is broke, this prick destroyed a young woman's life, and sure he's done ten years he's all better now.

Look I'm not saying he's OK for definite. i'm saying thre is a chance. Not likely though.

WindSock wrote: »
    I dunno, your username looks a little suspiciously like his name.

Larry "the Lahm" Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Lahm wrote: »
    Look I'm not saying he's OK for definite. i'm saying thre is a chance. Not likely though.

At least we have gotten some humanity out of you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

In fairness he hasn't said anything to warrent a ban, I may not agree with what he says but i'll defend his right to say it

• Advertisement

Download the video of his release from prison.

http://static1.sky.com//feeds/skynews/latest/flash/120810-murphy-12.flv

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There shouldn't be another side when it comes to this excuse for a man.
    People on the morally right side are not always right. I know in this case they are, but if we set a precendent for lynching people we are setting our country back centuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

heybaby wrote: »
    I flatly reject the assertion that the recent media coverage of murphys release is hysterical, people are afraid. To many people this guy is the monster that now walks amongst us.
    There are dozens of released murders, manslaughterers, rapists, muggers and child abusers free in Ireland. If you're genuinely concerned about this, push for overall reform of sentencing and post-release monitoring, rather than raving about one guy.
    People are also stunned that despite his crimes he qualifies for early remission, he is allowed to obtain a passport and a driving license (ironic considering he used his car to abduct and rape that poor woman).
    Should all serious offenders be stripped of passports and driving licences? Again, you're pushing for arbitrary punishment against one famous offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

WindSock wrote: »
    Who needs electronic tagging?

He could have set this up himself to see where people think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

People on the morally right side are not always right. I know in this case they are, but if we set a precendent for lynching people we are setting our country back centuries.

I get your point but I think that in this specific case I'd rather take the risk.

• Advertisement

There shouldn't be another side when it comes to this excuse for a man.

There is always 2 sides. Regardless.

Its the system that has failed. He obviously didnt get long enough in prison.

But he has done the time he got given to him and is now released.

People say he should be stripped of his License because he abducted someone in his car (and Passport).
    He has done his sentence.

For someone who was caught robbing a bank, would you not allow him to be in possession of money ever again?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

allanb49 wrote: »
    In fairness he hasn't said anything to warrent a ban, I may not agree with what he says but i'll defend his right to say it

No allan, what I meant was that I thought he had received a ban on another boards forum and I thought that it meant he was banned from ALL forums. I should probably have read the F.A.Q's... :o

whycliff wrote: »
    There is always 2 sides. Regardless.

Its the system that has failed. He obviously didnt get long enough in prison.

But he has done the time he got given to him and is now released.

People say he should be stripped of his License because he abducted someone in his car (and Passport).
    He has done his sentence.

For someone who was caught robbing a bank, would you not allow him to be in possession of money ever again?

Here Here.

A bit of sense at last.

Here Here.

A bit of sense at last.

I don't feel comfortable with you agreeing with me.

I'm not defending this man in anyway, he is an animal. But mob rule is not the way forward.

It is the system that failed. It needs to be reformed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

People are commenting that "the taxi driver this morning should have drove to the wicklow mountains with him and bet his head in"

Well I can see their point. It would make him feel right at home. Picking up where he left off kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Morlar wrote: »
    Well I can see their point. It would make him feel right at home. Picking up where he left off kind of thing.

Especially when he did a lot of work and drank in a town that I live in which is near baltinglass!

My heart goes out to his poor kids.

They have to grow up with this being thrown at them throughout their childhood.

I think they fecked off to some other country with the mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'm failing to see the analogy..

I doubt it ,his estranged wife moved to Austrailia with their kids (or so I heard)after he was cought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

He has a passport and is free to leave the country.

I am lost for words.(apart from these words)

hopefull he will just fuc1k off and die in some other crountry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corruptgovt

coverage on sky news now

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlows

Hi All,
    I've read all the posts on this thread. It is scary that he is out :eek:. I know the girl that he raped in the mountains and my thoughts are with her today. She now has a family and must be terrified that he is out in public again. She would have had some piece of mind known that he was locked up.
    I'd say he'll be a dead man if her family or locals track him down.
    I go for walks myself some evenings and will def not be goin on my own anymore.
    Need to get more pictures of him up. Its okay now he'll be in the media for a few days or weeks, its after that i'm worried about :(. When all the hype dies down in a year or two. Even if he leaves the country he'll be back some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Larry Murphy.

The reason for the hype around that evil man is more because of what he's suspected of doing, than what he's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Had to break my self imposed exile to make a couple of comments

Lahm , you are very annoying .

Chuckler I don't believe for a second you are a Garda. If you are explain why he hasn't been picked up again immediately after his release. He should have been picked up as soon as he left Arbour Hill . I doubt anyone is going to scream Garda harassment.

You mention he is going to be housed , who the fcuk is housing him , there are good people on housing lists all over the country who can't get houses .

And another thing how is anyone going to get to him if the whole country is following his every step . Just thought I'd mention that.

Now back to my exile.

strobe wrote: »
    Ok this is getting fukking ridiculous now...........

According to sources -he had a dump and three **** before he went to sleep then left his socks standing up in the corner:rolleyes:--Yeah it's gettin' stupid now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Perhaps Murphy should be made move next door to either the judge who gave him the leniant sentence or the person who was minister for justice at the time of the sentencing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

It was reported. According to Gardaí he had a brave meal. That's all that was said.

The fact that it was reported at all is what I find ridiculous. You re-reporting it just ads to the effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

snyper wrote: »
    Larry Murphy.

The reason for the hype around that evil man is more because of what he's suspected of doing, than what he's done.
    ah i don't know about that. What he was convicted for was brutal in the extreme.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement