Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

On now on Vincent Browne, Gay Mitchell and others are talking about him.
    The media hopefully will hound every day of the week, scum pure scum and everyone will know who he is in this country and hopefully he will not be allowed into any buissness in this country and the Guards will watch his every move:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Larry Murphy the rapist who attepted to murder his victim in the Dublin mountains in 2000 but for a couple of hunters who interupted him

My best friend (I am a hunter and myself and my friend used to hunt Deer) knows the lads who happened on this lady.

They were both out hunting when they saw a guy getting a woman out of the boot of his car, nude except for a hood.

The poor lady was terrorised and hung herself up on barbed wire, it took the lads twenty minutes to free her, convince her they weren't murdering bastards, and get her to the guards.

I, like anyone, and like my best friend, asked why the lads hadn't shot the man?

It happened so fast, they came upon a scene, the lady ran, alerting them it wasn't some role play thing. The man jumped in the car and sped off, the men were hunters, not vigilantes. They were very much more concerned with securing and helping the lady involved than any other impulse.

These lads are normal red blooded Irish Men, do you not think that they torture themselves all the time with what could have been? If they had had the information then they have now...

They are damaged by what they happened upon, but glad they could render some help at a very low point in that ladies life. No-one is happy that this animal is being released, I can only hope that Karma catches up with him.

Let no one be under no bloddy mistake that this xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx who is to be released next week is nothing sort of you know what, if i hear anybody on these forms giving out about the media and how they will hound this bastard i swear i will quit these forums:mad::mad::mad:, the tabloid media which i am no great fan of will hound this xxxx and i hope he doesnt get a moment peace and everyone spits and more in his face and he is banned from every buissnees premises in this country:mad, i have never felt so sickened by any person before being left out of prison than this subhuman filth:mad:

My best friend (I am a hunter and myself and my friend used to hunt Deer) knows the lads who happened on this lady.

They were both out hunting when they saw a guy getting a woman out of the boot of his car, nude except for a hood.

The poor lady was terrorised and hung herself up on barbed wire, it took the lads twenty minutes to free her, convince her they weren't murdering bastards, and get her to the guards.

I, like anyone, and like my best friend, asked why the lads hadn't shot the man?

It happened so fast, they came upon a scene, the lady ran, alerting them it wasn't some role play thing. The man jumped in the car and sped off, the men were hunters, not vigilantes. They were very much more concerned with securing and helping the lady involved than any other impulse.

These lads are normal red blooded Irish Men, do you not think that they torture themselves all the time with what could have been? If they had had the information then they have now...

They are damaged by what they happened upon, but glad they could render some help at a very low point in that ladies life. No-one is happy that this animal is being released, I can only hope that Karma catches up with him.
    I can only imagine what your friends went through:(. It doesnt bear thinking about what this animal is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

xoixo wrote: »
    I have a quick question...

What are the laws regarding someone like Murphy leaving Ireland once he is released?
    And if he did leave Ireland to, for example Spain, would the police there be informed and would he have the same monitoring he would get from the gardai here, only abroad?

in one sense it would be great that he would feck off altogether but you would have to fear for the country he is heading for. You pray to god that interpol is informed.

one point about him leaving is the missed chance to maybe further investigate other missing persons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If they could only find some bodies , DNA would surlely catch him .

They must be in those woods somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

If they could only find some bodies , DNA would surlely catch him .

Not necessarily - if the bodies were dumped in fast flowing water practically all DNA evidence would be washed away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

You know what knowing the sort of a f*cked up system we have in this country the two lads would probably have got more time in prison if they had shot him than the animal himself subsequently got.

If she was my sister or wife I would happily spend the rest of my days in jail and die a happy man to kill this animal and it is a sad state of affairs that he was not put to death a long time ago and the gargantuan waste of resources to hide and protect him now.

The reason people do things like this is they know they can get away with it, scumbags like him deserve the death penalty and if the state will not give it then the people left behind should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I have no faith in the justice system. I have no faith in the courts, judges or lawmakers.
    It is all far too liberal. From what we have been told, this is not a reformed man but given what he did it shouldn't matter, people who do these type of crimes should be locked up for life.
    It's just not right that he should be allowed to roam among the decent people in society.

This man has nothing to offer society, it wold be far safer to leave him where he is, I am happy to pay my taxes to keep such people locked up for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

diddledum wrote: »
    From what I've read about the man (in the loosest sense of the word), he outright refused any kind of help.

We actually do have a rehabilitation project, although woefully inadequate. And this seems to be elective, so what little help we can offer these individuals may or may not be taken up by the offender. It surely begs the question, why do we present it as an option. In other countries, it would form a part of the sentencing and indeed the offender can be remanded for longer if it is shown that they have not been reformed sufficiently.

Apart from the main organisation, there are also individual therapists who work with people in place like Arbour Hill. However, like it or not you cannot force any form of rehab or therapy on a person who does not want to change. It just will not work. Whereas if you make the person attend, and tell them that they have to do x,y, and z in order to be released. Well in that case, they will appear to engage. The result is still the same you have wasted a resource.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The_Thing wrote: »
    Not necessarily - if the bodies were dumped in fast flowing water practically all DNA evidence would be washed away.

More than likely they would have been found then. The guy is a carpenter. I guarantee the remains are in some sort of underground structure if it was him responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

dsmythy wrote: »
    More than likely they would have been found then. The guy is a carpenter. I guarantee the remains are in some sort of underground structure if it was him responsible.

Not too sure about that. There is a place beyond the bottom of my garden where nobody goes or can go really because it is so overgrown. It's too far away from anyone else for a bad smell to reach even though it is in a populous area and it's handy to the side of the road. I'd imagine a few bodies could be stashed there and not discovered for years and years. I'm sure there are lots of places like that in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

Well whatever way you want to dress it up, it isn't possible under current legislation.

Do you lobby for the reintroduction of the death-penalty, or just wait until stories emerge in which you can demonstrate your preference on the matter?
    imagine your daughter or sister missing dead by this scumbag and he free a eye for a eye etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

imagine your daughter or sister missing dead by this scumbag and he free a eye for a eye etc.

Imagine Osama Bin Laden banging your wife.. see, it's easy to say "what if" and base what should happen on that.. IF something were to happen a family member of mine then yes, I'd be pissed and want revenge. But the world would be a fcuked up place if you applied everything that happens in it; to how you live your own life.

I do think he shouldn't be released yet btw. But that's up to the judicial system to decide, not the public.. thank fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

It may have been said earlier in the thread, and while I know there's no provision for electronic tagging in Ireland and while I'm all for civil liberties, I think an exception should be made in this guy's case and he should be fitted with a GPS Tag, so that his movements can be monitored/traced, at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Ann22 wrote: »
    Thomas Callan from Shanmullagh in Carrickmacross is due out next year too, maybe he's out already. He received 10yrs in 2001 for the abduction(in his car boot), sexual assault and attempted rape of a 17yr old girl and attempted abduction of a 14yr old. He was only 21 at the time so if he serves full term and is released next year he'll only be 31 and bursting to reoffend:(.

sorry to dent your faith in the justice system ann but this guy's been out for at least 2 years. good behaviour again i guess. saw him a few times in a nightclub. how can good behaviour be bonus.......i mean great, you didn't manage to rape, kidnap anyone in prison, well done, you're cured !

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I love how people get all worked up about this but a fat cow can admit she bludgeoned her husband to death with a hammer and walk away from court free.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0324/1224266936416.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's a different story, please try to stay on topic.
    Start another thread if you must. Try not to use "fat cow" when describing other people, we don't say that about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    I love how people get all worked up about this but a fat cow can admit she bludgeoned her husband to death with a hammer and walk away from court free.

Why does the womans appearance come into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

wobzilla1 wrote: »

not related to this case but it reminded me, there was some professor dude on radio other day making the point that sex crimes are treated the same whether they're personal or random, and that is something that should change. i.e. a guy who attempts to rape a woman may get the same as a guy who actually attacks his girlfriend. but the likelyhood is that the guy who attempted to rape a stranger will re offend as opposed to the guy who attacked his girlfriend, who isn't really a threat to anyone other than his girlfriend. basically, a guy like larry murphy is significantly more dangerous than the likes of joe o reilly . that should be taken into account in things like this. the laws an ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Is it possible that they would set him up in the UK somewhere? Although I'm sure he would still be found there too

The UK would be worse for him as a sex offender, With the seriousness of this case he would probably be forced to wear an electronic braselet and sign on daily at a cop shop and not to mention being constantly chased by the UK tabloid press. I believe the Gardai have already being in contact with Scotland Yard over the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Sickens me that this c**t is getting out, he should be locked up for life and never be let near society again. People like him should be thrown onto an island and left to rot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corruptgovt

No Archimedes thats that Dexter lad. Thats a fine head of hair i however am bald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I would gladly do a life sentence for murder for this pos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Absurdum wrote: »
    I would gladly do a life sentence for murder for this pos

No you wouldn't, don't be so melodramatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

I think the prison service said they will not let him out a few hours early to avoid the media, said they wouldn't be helping him out in any way

The media will be there all day tomorrow and will follow him everywhere, hopefully there will be crowds of people there tomorrow to shout abuse at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

this clearly shows there is something fundamentally wrong with our justice system. This man should not be left back into society. He spent 10.5 years in prison, the woman he raped and her family received a life sentence of grief and pain. It's only a matter of time before he ruins another citizens life.
    It also shock me that he can reside anywhere tomorrow and those next door would have no idea. The system is flawed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Jesus, the sensationalism I heard this morning on the news was unbelievable. You'd swear the media are hoping this guy re-offends, well, they do hope that. Weird f*cking world we live in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

And he's out ....:eek:

Released a few minutes ago, jumped into a waiting taxi with several unmarked garda cars and several photographers on motorbikes in pursuit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement