Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Renn wrote: »
    Jesus, the sensationalism I heard this morning on the news was unbelievable. You'd swear the media are hoping this guy re-offends, well, they do hope that. Weird f*cking world we live in.
    Yes it is a fact that Larry has a lot of fans in the media they will be very disappointed if he slips off to the UK and lives a quiet life, and nobody goes missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

what I don't get is - why so much hype around this dude, when there's murderers, rapists, tax defrauders, etc being let out all the time (I assume, since the prisons are packed...)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

galah wrote: »
    what I don't get is - why so much hype around this dude, when there's murderers, rapists, tax defrauders, etc being let out all the time (I assume, since the prisons are packed...)?

Because he's still seen as a danger, he's suspected in the cases of other missing women, and he doesn't seem to regret or sorry for his actions, and refused to undergo any rehabilitation treatment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

galah wrote: »

Its the fact that he's been questioned over the disappearances of three women - 6 went missing in leinster over a few years. Apparently theres been none since he's been inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nodin wrote: »
    Its the fact that he's been questioned over the disappearances of three women - 6 went missing in leinster over a few years. Apparently theres been none since he's been inside.

Correlation does not imply causation. I'm not saying he isn't responsible for those cases, but it's impossible for us to say that he is. If the media circus continues what do you think will happen? He'll be driven underground where nobody can monitor him.. or go abroad where people don't know how potentially dangerous he is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Its very shocking - Larry Murphys been out a full hour and no AH regular has yet set up a second account pretending to be him.
    AH is maturing.

Edit : I spoke too soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

The have faster broadband in Irish Prisons than us normal joes..

I'd imagine he's already a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

SeaFields wrote: »
    And he's out ....:eek: Released a few minutes ago, jumped into a waiting taxi

Being in a Dublin taxi can only heighten his murderous tendencies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Being in a Dublin taxi can only heighten his murderous tendencies!

Wonder who the taxi driver was? when he got the call he must have thought "fantastic". Wonder did he get a photo and autograph!

No doubt the Daily Mail will be hounding the driver for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

SeaFields wrote: »
    And he's out ....:eek:

Released a few minutes ago, jumped into a waiting taxi with several unmarked garda cars and several photographers on motorbikes in pursuit.

"So, are ya busy tonight"

Lahm wrote: »
    Wonder who the taxi driver was?

Travis Bickell hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lahm wrote: »

I can see Penneys slashing the prices on that hoodie tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Does the state provide a half way house for prisoners reentering society?

Just saying if you leave prison after over 10 years with no money, no job and no friends are you just left on your own?

Not realy aimed at just this case, any prisoner realy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Seems to look more or less the same

Can't see him gettin on too well, by the way..what taxi driver is so desperate for money that they'd pick up this scum?

mikom wrote: »
    I can see Penneys slashing the prices on that hoodie tomorrow.

Or increasing it when Halloween comes around, if some people are so inclined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Does the state provide a half way house for prisoners reentering society?

Just saying if you leave prison after over 10 years with no money, no job and no friends are you just left on your own?

Not realy aimed at just this case, any prisoner realy
    My guess is that he will be on full whack disability allowance, accommodation, payment and free travel pass. Technically he is as good as been incapacitated and unfit for work.

No one will have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

SV wrote: »
    what taxi driver is so desperate for money that they'd pick up this scum?

A job's a job, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

that paedophile judge Curtis , who surprisingly got off on a legal technicality, and is now living the high life on a full judges pension, got a little surprise when he ran into someone he sent down for a far less crime , in a Cork pub , he got a couple of digs , and sadly, that was the only justice he got by the corrupt Irish legal system - dont pay your parking fines and you are guanateed a bit of jail time today - sell a bit of weed and you can get 10 years

whilst the legal elite milk the country with their everending tribunals , that produce no meaningful or understandable results to the average punter , or most normal people have actually forgotten why they were set up in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Chochese wrote: »
    A job's a job, innit?

No, it really isn't/

thebaz wrote: »
    that paedophile judge Curtis ,

Judge Curtin.

I'm not being fussy here trying to correct your spelling.
    But it's possible there is a Judge Curtis out there who did nothing at all and you're dragging them into this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

SV wrote: »
    No, it really isn't/

The prison probably has a contract with a taxi company to collect prisoners regardless of who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 square leg

Who pays for the Taxi?

BTW he gets cash on release for time worked in prison.

Today is so sad - the right of the individual tramples over the rights of the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Judge Curtin.

I'm not being fussy here trying to correct your spelling.
    But it's possible there is a Judge Curtis out there who did nothing at all and you're dragging them into this

my point is our legal system is a joke - yes there are many good honest proffessionals - but the majority live in their own private and privalleged world of the law library

maybe if i wasnt dyslexic i could have done law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

that paedophile judge Curtis , who surprisingly got off on a legal technicality, and is now living the high life on a full judges pension, got a little surprise when he ran into someone he sent down for a far less crime , in a Cork pub , he got a couple of digs , and sadly, that was the only justice he got by the corrupt Irish legal system - dont pay your parking fines and you are guanateed a bit of jail time today - sell a bit of weed and you can get 10 years

whilst the legal elite milk the country with their everending tribunals , that produce no meaningful or understandable results to the average punter , or most normal people have actually forgotten why they were set up in the first place

A guy who was never convicted of a crime gets assaulted by a convicted criminal? This is AH, you should be baying for the criminal's blood... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 square leg

How can a man who is guilty of kidnap, rape and attempted murder serve only ten years in prison?

Each of those offences can carry ten years - rape is a life sentence.

Why do we have these sham sentences when the prisoner never serves them?

Its mind boggling - someone along the line the legal system forgot that its primary purpose is to protect us not to rehabilitate the offender

my point is our legal system is a joke - yes there are many good honest proffessionals - but the majority live in their own private and privalleged world of the law library

maybe if i wasnt dyslexic i could have done law

Maybe but get their name right first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I really don't understand this country anymore, I never did really.

Murphy has been convicted of rape and attempted murder (with a few more that can't be verified) and only got 15 years.

He served 10 years.

While in prison for rehabilitation he did not partake in any rehab programmes.

And yet they release him, knowing the threat he has to the commuinity.

Yet the courts will slap you in jail for not being able to pay a few bills after you've been let go.

I know all these points have been brought up before but this country is just *facepalm*

So what happens if he goes and kills or rapes again.

I'm hoping it won't come to that.

But if he does is he just thrown back in prison and the courts say sorry our mistake how where we to know this would happen?

What's the point in releasing him if the cops are going to continue monitoring him all the time, won't that be a bigger drain on them than keeping him locked up.

I know he's the suspected serial killer in wicklow so maybe thats the plan release him see if they can catch him in the act and then get him on that charge. But it seems risky if thats there frame of thought.

Anyway i feel sorry for the women who have been attacked by him, the fear that must be going through them knowing he's free and can go where ever he wants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

square leg wrote: »
    How can a man who is guilty of kidnap, rape and attempted murder serve only ten years in prison?

Each of those offences can carry ten years - rape is a life sentence.

Why do we have these sham sentences when the prisoner never serves them?

Its mind boggling - someone along the line the legal system forgot that its primary purpose is to protect us not to rehabilitate the offender

He was given a concurrent sentence :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement