Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

A guy who was never convicted of a crime gets assaulted by a convicted criminal? This is AH, you should be baying for the criminal's blood... :rolleyes:

yeah - just hope he or similar minded folk , run into murphy

a week or 2 in the joy would be well worth a little bit of real irish justice ...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

square leg wrote: »
    How can a man who is guilty of kidnap, rape and attempted murder serve only ten years in prison?

Each of those offences can carry ten years - rape is a life sentence.

Concurrency....

Larry Murphy received 97 years in total for his crimes of Kidnap, Rape and Attempted Murder.
    However, the fact that the sentences were concurrent meant that the sentence was 15 years.
    This was reported in the Star yesterday.

Simple: These crimes need real harsh sentences. Aggravated rape should have a minimum 25 year term. Rape and attempted murder should carry a 35 year term.

It is ****ing disgusting to think that this man did what he did to that woman and he gets
    out in ten years. His crime was really really depraved and vicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 square leg

Concurrent sentences - sad inditement of the Legal system

• Registered Users Posts: 28 square leg

SYstem is a charade - 10 years for offences totalling 97!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

will anyone visit me when i do my stretch for unpaid fines ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I'm i the only person who thinks that he done his time (even though it wasnt long enough) and he should be allowed to try get on with his life?
    Dont blame Larry Murphy for the sentance he received, he done his time has been released.
    Why the need for Justice Irish style?

He committed an aweful crime, one which i would never like anyone close to me to endure.
    He was convicted of it, was sentenced and is now released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

allanb49 wrote: »

I know he's the suspected serial killer in wicklow so maybe thats the plan release him see if they can catch him in the act and then get him on that charge. But it seems risky if thats there frame of thought.

In fairness that is ridiculous.
    The Gardai are not sitting back and letting him choose some "bait" so they can jump in and catch him.
    How could you even think that? :confused:

He served the sentence he was given with the 25% remission that any prisoner can qualify for.
    He isn't getting released for some master plan to clear unsolved missing persons cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

The sunday world have been running with stories on this monster for a while now. Im from around where he lives but not to close and I can tell you that people are honestly afraid of this guy coming back to his home place. Im sure there will always be someone following him but still I wouldnt have much confidence cause id say he can go underground if he wants.
    People in sourrounding towns fell that its not just him you have to lok out for, and that since his release some other sick fuccs will do what Murphy done just cause they feel he will be blamed. I know thats only hear'say but still. Someone very close to me is very frightened by his release as she does late hours.
    And even though he didnt do any rehabilitation the reason he got out early is for good behaviour, reportedly he was making things like dolls houses for the prision gards,(reportedly!)
    This really is a sad day for the Irish justice system, it just goes to show how much of a mockery it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

In fairness that is ridiculous.
    The Gardai are not releasing him and sitting back and letting him choose some "bait" so they can jump in and catch him.
    How could you even think that? :confused:

It was just a thought, It's just odd someone with so many violent convictions and a high chance of recommitting a violent crime again against him can be released so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Lahm wrote: »
    I wish to share his bed.

Eh??

• Advertisement

whycliff wrote: »
    I'm i the only person who thinks that he done his time (even though it wasnt long enough) and he should be allowed to try get on with his life?
    Dont blame Larry Murphy for the sentance he received, he done his time has been released.

He committed an aweful crime, one which i would never like anyone close to me to endure.

Who is blaming Murphy for the sentence?

I think everyone believes that the sentence he received for this despicable crime is far too lenient. Murphy did not sentence himself, we know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Because he might do it again and has shown no remorse for what he's done or any willingness to seek help. I wouldn't mind if he was shot, one of the papers reckons one of the provos threatened him not to come back home.

I am not pro vigilantism, and I do respect the law and I'm far from aggressive, but if this guy, or someone similar moved beside you and was close to your oved ones and you knew it, I think it would be hard not to act. Self preservation reasons purely.

He might do it again, and certainly should be followed or monitored.

He done a dispicable, cowardly crime, was lucky to be caught and done his time.

You have people saying the Irish Justice system is this and that, if i got near him i'd shoot him.
    Its a bit of a contradiction really.
    He should have been forced to get help in prison.

Papers like the Evening Dub, and the rag that is The Sun are the only one's who will benefit form his release Today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

walshb wrote: »
    I am not pro vigilantism, and I do respect the law and I'm far from aggressive, but if this guy, or someone similar moved beside you and was close to your oved ones and you knew it, I think it would be hard not to act. Self preservation reasons purely.

agreed. in this particular case, i'd have to advocate at most the death penalty, and at least chemical castration, purely because he represents such a menace - it has been shown time and again that sentencing has no effect on deterring predatory rapists. he will re-offend if he gets a chance, it's not a question of if with bastards like this, it's when.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Abrasax wrote: »
    Rapist, attempted murderer, suspected serial killer.

jesus lads Hes Irish.....

I'm sure he was just "havin' the craic"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

if i got near him i'd shoot him..

And then you'd be the one in jail and your family suffer.

Leave out the vigilantism and leave it to the gardai.
    They are well used to deal with subversives in Ireland, if he goes to ground he can be found.

Anyone if he is on probation won't he be signing on at a local garda station?

Papers like the Evening Dub,

The what?
    I've never heard the Evening Herald called that

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

Guys this sick b****** will probably google his name when he gets out to see what we are all sayin about him, after all he has probably learned all about the internet while inside.

If you are reading this 'Mr. Murphy' do us all a favour before someone of us does it for you.

Surely if you are not willing to show remorse for your crime you shouldn't be out for Good behaviour?? It baffles me. I hope that people will post pictures, and lots of them, so that we can all keep a track of this sick f*****!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

SV wrote: »
    Well it's up to him.

He either has the undercover cars follow him and the Gardaí all around him or he gets murdered within the week..

his decision!

He wont be murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Apparently he wasnt happy with the under cover gardai cars that followed the taxi. I think that their is a large crowd of people waiting for him. You get paid to work in jail.

Cash in hand? They should not get paid IMO and work for their meals etc that taxpayers pay for

• Advertisement

And then you'd be the one in jail and your family suffer.

Leave out the vigilantism and leave it to the gardai.
    They are well used to deal with subversives in Ireland, if he goes to ground he can be found.

Anyone if he is on probation won't he be signing on at a local garda station?

The what?
    I've never heard the Evening Herald called that

No harm if you read my previous posts and that post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

He wont be murdered.

Ok. :)

darsar wrote: »
    Cash in hand? They should not get paid IMO and work for their meals etc that taxpayers pay for

They work for pennys as far as i know.

SV wrote: »
    Ok. :)

Its a bit morbid, but ill have a wager with you.

Just listening to rte 1, the reporter said it was his constitional right to be freed. Where does it state rapists get 25% off their sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I would say he would of prefer to stayed in prison than be out, he is was safer in prison. Due to the media every one knows his face and he will get alot of beatings on the streets once recognised. He will become the hunted instead of the hunter !!

He will have to leave the country to go unknown and not sure he can do that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

he can go underground if he wants.

Where? Some missile site or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

I think hes a grand chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Its a bit morbid, but ill have a wager with you.

Dunno.
    you can have someone murdered in this country for 5grand so..we'll say 6grand says he will be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

and there i was frettin about the end of the world on 12th December 2012...didn't realise it actually is today ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement