Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was charged an astronomical amount by meteor for 4 minutes internet usage!

Options
  • 24-07-2010 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

I was just checking my Meteor call history online, and I've spotted an entry for €13.47 for using 815KB of internet! I remember I used it to check the winning Lotto numbers then immediately returned to main menu - the globe symbol on my phone which indicates when I'm on the net had disappeared. The next entry on that bill is 4 minutes later when I sent a text!

Does 4 minutes of internet really cost that much on the mobile phone? Incidentally, mine is a Sony Ericcson 595.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

internet usage is generally charged on the data transferred and not the time online these days.

are you on prepay or billpay and do you have a data plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm on billpay, Random. I don't have a data plan, it was never my intention to use the internet on my mobile phone - I knew it would be expensive, but not THAT much!

Does the Lotto page really use that much KB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Yep internet usage can be expensive especially when out of the country. Seems excessive though. I pay 10 per month for unlimited internet access and its the bees knees!

i would suggest contacting meteor to have them disable the internet services on your account if you don't use the internet. double check with them to make sure this won't effect your mms.

would also suggest getting a data bundle if you plan on using the internet much.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Yep internet usage can be expensive especially when out of the country. Seems excessive though. I pay 10 per month for unlimited internet access and its the bees knees!

I wasn't abroad.

• Advertisement

i should add as well - you can also delete the internet settings on your phone too which should help.

Thanks very much for your help, Randon and Patsy. You've helped me enormously.
    I've just phoned Meteor to disable my internet, I'll try and see if I can disable it from my phone.

I logged into that same page on my PC and when I checked "Properties" it only registered at 44KB!

I can't fathom out why it worked out at over 800KB on my mobile phone!:confused:

Advertisement