Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranging while using the recon class.

Options
  • 25-07-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question I have. Is there any way to determine range so as to compensate for bullet drop in BC2 other than firing a ranging shot against an object near your target and observing the splash to gauge how to adjust your aim? Is there any formula ie: man sized target standing between centre of cross hairs and second mil-dot on a 12x magnification scope = 300m = 1 mil-dot adjustment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question I have. Is there any way to determine range so as to compensate for bullet drop in BC2 other than firing a ranging shot against an object near your target and observing the splash to gauge how to adjust your aim? Is there any formula ie: man sized target standing between centre of cross hairs and second mil-dot on a 12x magnification scope = 300m = 1 mil-dot adjustment?

Practice and you'll be able to judge it straight away its just instinct as far as it goes with me.

You normally don't need to compensate half as much as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

yeah as jay says, its just a feeling,
    play enough as sniper and ya know the average drop from where you usually sniper from.

and if you get good enough at that,
    then your just naturally able to tell from any range really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gruaig

I usually jump and shoot just before i land. It seems to work

Gruaig wrote: »

I'd say your k/d is amazing :/

Go play call of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Gruaig

I play both. Starting to like BC2 more tho

• Advertisement

I play both. Starting to like BC2 more tho

What I'm saying is your not going to last long as a sniper jumping up and down all the time.

You wanna be discreet and use cover/foilage to hide yourself.

None of this bunny hopping/no-scoping bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Well if you did this beside me i'd would do the following

Politely tell you to stop, and if you didn't Then light you up with a tracer and then if you still aint got the message shoot you in the head with a shot gun.
    Snipers are supposed to be sneaky and hiding in out of the way places not jumping up and down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Well if you did this beside me i'd would do the following

Politely tell you to stop, and if you didn't Then light you up with a tracer and then if you still aint got the message shoot you in the head with a shot gun.
    Snipers are supposed to be sneaky and hiding in out of the way places not jumping up and down.

LOL cableguy you should know by now some of the best sniper spots I've found are plainly right out in the open where people don't look for snipers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

But I bet ur ass that its on small 16 man servers where there is little chance of u being found. You aint doing it on a large 32 player map coz you would be found from sound alone.....never mind being seen. But then again if you are running around with the semi auto sniper rifle in camo thats a different story but you are not actually staying in the one spot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    But I bet ur ass that its on small 16 man servers where there is little chance of u being found. You aint doing it on a large 32 player map coz you would be found from sound alone.....never mind being seen. But then again if you are running around with the semi auto sniper rifle in camo thats a different story but you are not actually staying in the one spot.

It would be no difference whether 32 or 16 man I fairly regularly go full rounds without dying more than 2 or 3 times anyway. Sound doesnt both me it's more the trail from the sniper shot that will give you away. Course I only play hardcore mode so in normal mode it's a completely different story and is piss easy for anyone to spot anyone else sniper or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

hey guys. Just wondering if there is anything that will stop the player you killed seeing you afterwards? Basically giving away your position?

LakesKeane wrote: »
    hey guys. Just wondering if there is anything that will stop the player you killed seeing you afterwards? Basically giving away your position?

Hardcore mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The M24 is probably the best sniper rifle for ranging as it's got mil-dots on it..
    I've taken some 800-900 yard shots with it and you'd barely be above the mil-dot right above the scope..
    Here's some good tips on sniping...if you're unsure of the range aim for the head and you'll get a upper body shot at the very least.
    If you like one sniper rifle try to stick with it as switching between rifles will only confuse you for the ranging etc...
    As in playing with the M24 and then switching to the M95...huge difference in bullet drop and if you switch back to something like the GOL which is the most accurate rifle in BC2 you'll find you'll overcompensate.

http://hardcoremode2010.blogspot.com/2010/01/strategy-battlefield-bad-company-2_31.html

Advertisement