Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Slim & Turtle Beach Headphones

• 25-07-2010 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hooking up my new slim today and realised the AV/Component port blocks off the HDMI port when plugged in, as the new AV cable has an annoying chunk of plastic sticking out. So I couldn't have my HDMI and AV/Component in at the same time to use my Turtle Beach PX21. I had to take off the casing off the component and HDMI cable to fit them both in at the same time. Pretty annoying seen as these headphones are fairly popular and a big part of gaming nowadays.
    Also, it isn't as whisper quiet as I was expecting - when running a disc the fan kicks in and makes a fair bit of noise. I installed the game and its silent now but I wasn't expecting to have to do that since they plastered "Whisper Quiet" all over it.
    Anyone else experience this or use a set of Turtle Beach with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Hooking up my new slim today and realised the AV/Component port blocks off the HDMI port when plugged in, as the new AV cable has an annoying chunk of plastic sticking out. So I couldn't have my HDMI and AV/Component in at the same time to use my Turtle Beach PX21. I had to take off the casing off the component and HDMI cable to fit them both in at the same time. Pretty annoying seen as these headphones are fairly popular and a big part of gaming nowadays.
    Also, it isn't as whisper quiet as I was expecting - when running a disc the fan kicks in and makes a fair bit of noise. I installed the game and its silent now but I wasn't expecting to have to do that since they plastered "Whisper Quiet" all over it.
    Anyone else experience this or use a set of Turtle Beach with it?

You should be able to plug your optical cable directly into the xbox now. I believe that's one of the new features.

Can't comment on the noise level.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Cheers I got it sorted. I was so used to plugging in the component cables and then plugging the PX21's red/white to the audio out that I forgot I don't need to do this with HDMI!
    Thanks though and on the noise part, once I install the game its absolutely whisper quiet but if I put in a game thats not installed its fairly noisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Im thinking of getting a pair of x41s, Does anyone know if the interference from wifi is bad? As i have my laptop right beside my xbox when i play (use it as wireless receiver) and there is usually a laptop in the room even when im using a wired connection....

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Korvanica wrote: »
    Im thinking of getting a pair of x41s, Does anyone know if the interference from wifi is bad? As i have my laptop right beside my xbox when i play (use it as wireless receiver) and there is usually a laptop in the room even when im using a wired connection....

Cheers

My x41 base station is a couple of feet away from my wifi router and I have no issues with interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

Korvanica wrote: »

Cheers

i had my x41s right beside my comp too and never had a problem,
    the only thing i found was that when my phone rang i got a light bussing from them, nothin crazy like but enough to tell me i had a call ha ha
    kinda good in a way cause when your playin mw2 yo cant hear **** with them on. best headset on the market though:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement