Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Equipment Needed for Fashion Photoshoot?

• 25-07-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Basically I'm trying to organise some photo shoots for college related things and was wondering what equipment would I need for a photo shoot inside a building and then outside

I've been looking at the equipment list for this site http://www.mhire.ie/ blankly for the last hour and can only figure out that the sandbag is to hold equipment down cause of the wind...

We're aiming on using Student Photographers which is why I was wondering on the cost of rental because they wouldn't have their own equipment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

depends on what looks you want to achive. but best to ask the photographers first. no point hiring lots of equipment if the person using it doesn't know how to use it or would prefer to use something else

a fashion shoot can be done with nothing more than a camera, a single lens and natural light or it can be done with 10 lights and numerous softboxes, reflectors etc etc

in short, ask the photographer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

DogOrg is absolutely right. The photographer(s) should see the location, and then decide what they want to use for equipment.

If this shoot is "mission critical" you should get a professional used to this type of work to go over the details and supervise the student photographers. (Having someone with a great portfolio supervising would also be a good way to attract student photographers to volunteer for the gig.. if it's volunteer.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The money you could spend on hiring the gear could be spent on a photographer that already has the gear (like me!) that would give you a more professional result, especially if it's going towards your own college work. You could even save money, someone with experience (like me!) could tell you you don't need to spend x amount on lighting, when something else will do, whereas someone without the experience may just get everything 'just in case'. You could always get other students in to assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Fajitas is spot on there, you would definitely be able to hire a photographer for the cost of hiring a lot of equipment. If you are using students they may not even have the correct lenses for the job. Your best bet is to enquire is the services wanted thread for the best pricing to suit your budget.

Advertisement