Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAR WAS I ASKED TO SIGN AT BANK

Options
  • 25-07-2010 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Went to BOI last Thursday in Cork to pay a direct debit that was not paid as I was in hospital for two weeks,was aware I was at fault before but fault happened while I was in hospital and really was going to top-up account's money's were it not that I was incapacitated.

while I was in bank was asked to sign usual withdrawal slips and deposit slips plus a deposit letter for payment to go directly to account in department where payment will be sorted , when I phoned bank directly not the bank I paid into at, was told no payment had gone in to bank.
    "girl probably forgot to send letter".

what worries me now is what was I asked to sign as I was without my glasses and not in my full capacity as I was under medication. asked girl at time what I was signing and was told that direct debit not paid, is now paid and this is not the case.
    what was I asked to sign in bank ,how can I find out legally. this happened last Thursday the 22 july. not that old b but have medical problems ,I'm 57

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Whar a whar I'd go back and ask the bank where you signed a whar a whar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Monday morning contact whomever the Direct Debit was suppose to be paid to, to see if they have recived payment. Then contact the bank and see if the letter was sent, ask them when the company to recieve the payment for the Direct Debit should expect to recieve the payment.

It was on Thursday so only really one and a half working days.

Advertisement