Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights over Dublin Last Night

Options
  • 25-07-2010 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Did anyone see those strange 11 lights over Dublin lastnight at 12:05am??

We were on our way back through Slane towards Navan when my wife spotted 4 solid yellow lights moving a good distance apart then grouping together high up to our left. As we were driving we saw another bright light come from the Ashbourne/Dublin direction from who looks like a low altitude and move very fast up to where the four others were. When we pulled over, over the next 10mins another 6 similar lights appeared from low down on our right and again moved up to where the others were. The really strange things was the last two - from where we were standing they looked only a few hundred feet apart and moved together.
    At first I thought maybe flares, but they were very bright for over 20mins and what planes travel together like that!! They all grouped in the same area of the sky - after 20mins of watching they gradually disappeared behind clouds.
    Obviously a simple explanation - but just wondering did anyone else see them or see what they were??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭julie2tubz

I assume they were Chinese lanterns from the Dun Laoghaire festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Steve.N

Ah, Maybe - that may explain it
    They travel at a fair rate of knotts!! R they jet powered? :D

Only thing - they didn't just randomly fly up in the air, all 11 lights went to the same area in the sky and stayed there

Advertisement