Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

".protect" directory and ".pemhtaccess" file deletion help

Options
  • 25-07-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I've decided to clean up my webspace on Blacknight and delete all of my old sites.

When one creates a domain in the CP it creates a .protect directory in the site's root directory, with a .pemhtaccess file within .protect that is owned by root. Even though I've deleted the relevant domains I'm unable to remove this .protect directory.

Is there a way I can delete this directory? Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

You can't delete the files, but they'll automatically get removed if you stop using the folder as a web root ie. if you change the domain's web root to be another folder the system will delete the folder

If you've already done this and it hasn't been removed, please contact our help desk with the domain details and we'll look into it for you

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Yeah, that's definitely not working right. For the moment I've just created a Trash directory and shoved all the "dud directories" in there. I'm going to London for a few weeks tonight, so I'll get back to you after that, if that's ok!

It doesn't bother me too much but I'm sure it wouldn't do any harm to find out what's at fault. :)

Advertisement