Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Rom?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

floggg wrote: »
    Thanks. Probably can, but would like to be sure e everything is fully figured out before I install.

What's the best roms out at the minute generally (preferably sense based, though not essential).

I couldn't say what is the best, there's so many to choose from, I haven't tested them all, but I can tell you I'm using Auraxtsense form xda at the moment, and I like it. OpenDesire seems to be quite popular, and LeeDroid too. I'd start with one of those 3. Or maybe modaco! Loads of choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    I couldn't say what is the best, there's so many to choose from, I haven't tested them all, but I can tell you I'm using Auraxtsense form xda at the moment, and I like it. OpenDesire seems to be quite popular, and LeeDroid too. I'd start with one of those 3. Or maybe modaco! Loads of choice!

I ran with leedroid in the end - seems a fairly close port of sense, with the added advantage of apps2sd+. Have now got over 100mb of free internal memory, though some apps, such as google skymaps (which is really quite useless other than show off with), angry birds etc won't install to sd - i have to unmount and put on the phone's memory.

It's a fairly easy process to change rom and restore settings thanks to the combo of titanium and rom manager. I might see about trying a non sense type in a week or two.

Advertisement