Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with PS CS4 Error

• 25-07-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Have an urgent job on and I sent another photographer to do take the images last week as I was kept in hospital overnight (baby probs...all ok though...lol) but keep getting an error message when opening them in CS4 today...

The embedded ICC profile cannot be used because the ICC Profile is invalid. Ignoring the profile.

Continue or Cancel

The images were taken as JPEGs but are over 3MB each so should still be workable.

Any ideas on how to fix this as the images keep coming up very pixelated even though in Bridge they look grand!

Thanks! :confused:

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Make a copy of them 1st, then force your own profile on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I agree with Chorcai.

Make backups (always make backups) then open them up and assign a color profile to them. (ASSIGN to not CONVERT at this stage. You might need to try & assign a few to see which one looks best.. I'd start with sRGB.)

The color profile they have assigned to them now is probably something that's on the computer of the person who did the photos for you, and they were probably saved without including the color profile.. which would explain why it's saying it's invalid. (not being saved in the image, but not being present on your computer.)

You might consider asking the person you got the photos from to give you a copy of the particular ICC color profile in question.. to make sure the colors are mapped correctly. (get hold of it. put it into the folder with your other profiles, and then hopefully it will just come up & ask you if you want to convert from what it's in now to what your working space is.)

Advertisement