Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Game TV Shows

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jazzy wrote: »
    WTF?! spooky used to be on telly? been to a load of LANs with the guy, have to rip him on this when i next see him :pac:

what was the show about exactly? (need ammo)

If you saw how hot his Italian co presenter was you wouldn't be slagging him at all. Ginger guy with a beard wasn't it? Seemed to know his stuff... Not sure what the name of the show was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Having only seen Big Boy Barry in the Gameswipe I think he's a total Legend.
    In all seriousness I think thats what ITV,
    BBC & the majority of tv stations still think the Average Gamer actually is, basically a Fat Social Outcast who looks like a Gimmick the WWF would of used in the Mid 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iceferg

G@MERS which used to be on rapture t.v a few years ago has started up again on information t.v. I havnt seen it yet myself but it should be worth a look.i think its on saturdays & then repeated a few times during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I think there is some on confusion around "game-network" and "gamertv" both channels/shows died due to lack of funding and turned into babestation/quiz channels

Game-network was run by Italians and featured like one new episode of content per week that they would replay every day 5-6 times, other then that they played trailers for games all day.

Gamertv was like a 3 hour segment of a specific channel (like a public access channel) it was like the waynes world of video games. iirc there were 3 presenters who basically sat in an office playing games from various eras and trying to preview up and coming games etc. Only one of these presenters actually knew anything about games (the other two have since moved their career into being quiz channel hosts). As far as I understand they regularly had guests and call ins, (which is where spookyd may have come in)

xleaguetv was a short lived competitive gaming channel which had a decent amount of new content per week - only problem is it kinda missed the mark with regards competitive gaming. I am fairly certain their top-tier players were just local saps that lived near the studio (one particular racing game I recall featured half the racers wall-riding (unintentionally) for a large segment of the track and imo xleague over-hyped console competitive game as the immediate future of e-sports

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Big boy Barry was my favourite bigboybarry.jpg&t=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

gameface is pretty good, mmm julia hardy :)

Advertisement