Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

childrens racing?

• 25-07-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

i have a son who has competed in various childrens duathlons, triathlons etc.
    he loves the bike side of things and has asked if he can do bike racing on its own, coming from a tri back ground, i know very little/nothing about kids races,
    he's 8, soon to be 9.
    looking around at various races the age category starts at under 12, is thier a minimum age for this category, what sort of distances do they cover?
    any other info you think we should need to know would be gratefully recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

there's a junior league starting soon i ll try and get some more info and post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭too much trifle

much appreciated:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

From the CI Mid-year update:
    The SUBWAY Sprocket Rocket Programme will be piloted in the coming weeks in the Leinster region. This programme is a foundation Cycling Skills Programme which focuses on delivery to youths aged 7 to 11 years old but can be delivered to anyone of any age, new to the sport. Further details on this programme will be sent to clubs in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

the races i was thinking of start on monday at cullenmore bends, ashford at seven o'clock, I think! it is for underage riders in orwell, bray and sorrento.

that's what I am told. Maybe you could in get in touch with one of the clubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

i have a son who has competed in various childrens duathlons, triathlons etc.
    he loves the bike side of things and has asked if he can do bike racing on its own, coming from a tri back ground, i know very little/nothing about kids races,
    he's 8, soon to be 9.
    looking around at various races the age category starts at under 12, is thier a minimum age for this category, what sort of distances do they cover?
    any other info you think we should need to know would be gratefully recieved.

Can I go a bit OT here and ask if you have a road bike for him? If so where might I get one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

santa was good enough to get him one!
    he also mentioned they were'nt cheap, he got it from 'islabikes' google it,
    from the tri's & duathlons he's done it's probably the best i've come across,
    the plus side is the resale price is very good.

Can I go a bit OT here and ask if you have a road bike for him? If so where might I get one?
    www.islabikes.co.uk/ -

Advertisement